Free Resumes - Herald - Sun ( Levin article)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Free Resumes - Herald - Sun ( Levin article)

and free tax help as bonus
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6081965566

can I get them to check my accounting?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I may be a tad slow, but how is this news for the Hun, other than another opportunity to 'drag up' the St Kilda Schoolgirl saga?

The story admits that the ATO hasn't even contacted Levin about the claim.

Maybe 'ATO sues clients of Management Firm' as a headline isn't as 'sexy'?

It might be interesting to know if there are other clients of this particular 'management firm' who are also bedind in their scheduled tax payments?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I may be a tad slow, but how is this news for the Hun, other than another opportunity to 'drag up' the St Kilda Schoolgirl saga?
Totally agree MM.

I read the link and I just shake my head :roll:

Ice Wolf
Club Player

I'm waiting for the Age article "Herald Sun sued again!", Surely a prominent lawyer could make a good case for defamation.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:I'm waiting for the Age article "Herald Sun sued again!", Surely a prominent lawyer could make a good case for defamation.
I don't believe you can be sued for defamation if you're printing the truth.
The fact is that the ATO have issued a writ for non-payment.
THe Headline, once again, doesn't seem to portray the actual 'gist' of the story, but that's really no surprise.

It was enough for me to know it was going to be a 'hatchet job' the instant I saw whose by-line was attached.

Ms Hewitt seems to specialize in this sort of article.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I think it's a case of a frog stuck in ice!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh the old "it was somebody elses fault". Now I see why he is part of the Saints board.

This country is full of people that won't take responsibility for their actions.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Ahhh the old "it was somebody elses fault". Now I see why he is part of the Saints board.

This country is full of people that won't take responsibility for their actions.
Our accountant's inaction saw us cop a bill last year.

We didn't have time to do our own tax hoo haa.

His fault entirely. Didn't do what he was meant to.

So what's your point?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Ahhh the old "it was somebody elses fault". Now I see why he is part of the Saints board.

So what's your point?
When you are the owner of a business the buck stops with you. That includes the people you engage/employ to get work done through. Too many times tasks are abdicated to personnel without the required competencies. Too many times proper delegation is missed. Too many times responsibility is given for a task but not the accountability. If you outsource mission critical tasks like looking after the accounts of a multimillion dollar company then do your due diligence. If you don’t then why start screaming it was everyone else’s fault when the ship sinks.

bob__71
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So what's your point?
When you are the owner of a business the buck stops with you. That includes the people you engage/employ to get work done through. Too many times tasks are abdicated to personnel without the required competencies. Too many times proper delegation is missed. Too many times responsibility is given for a task but not the accountability. If you outsource mission critical tasks like looking after the accounts of a multimillion dollar company then do your due diligence. If you don’t then why start screaming it was everyone else’s fault when the ship sinks.
You are an absolute knob mate.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So what's your point?
You are an absolute knob mate.
That's a bit rude. Aren't there some rules to protect posters from that sort of abuse.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what?

here??

:twisted:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So what's your point?
I was guilty of selecting a lazy accountant.

I was not guilty of avoiding tax.

Competencies. Delegation. Critical tasks. Abdicated.

Sure you don't work for the AFL?

You 'talk' like they do. Must've read the same self help book.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So what's your point?

So the ATO found you weren't guity of avoiding tax? How original. I bet they left you alone after you told them it was all the accountants fault.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So what's your point?

So the ATO found you weren't guity of avoiding tax? How original. I bet they left you alone after you told them it was all the accountants fault.
The accountant took it on the chin, signed a stat dec as to his error, and is now - I can only assume - working on his critical task competencies unless of course he delegated same to a more performance-centric delegate whose KPI's measure favourably in the context of his abdication.

The ATO got paid.

I didn't have to pay interest.

I have a new accountant who so far does what she should.

All's well that ends well.

Looks like I win the bet.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

The ATO got paid.

I didn't have to pay interest.
I'd imagine the ATO would have most certainly been paid and they would have got their interest too. Sounds like your ex accountant kicked in for that though.

What protection do you have in place with the new accountant?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It will get harder for people like Ross to abdicate their responsibility especially if ASIC has anything to do with it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... =melbourne

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:I'm waiting for the Age article "Herald Sun sued again!", Surely a prominent lawyer could make a good case for defamation.
I think Ross will be looking at legal action. Not against Sue Hewett or the Herald-Sun but against the buisness management company that failed to lodge a number of Buisness Activity Statements on Ross' behalf. I suspect that these management companies would be compelled to have professional indemnity cover !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the post was not about Ross and his tax but more about the media feeling that they needed to put his life history out there..

did they also write articles on the other 100 or possibly more ( a guess) who missed on their tax last month or I assume maybe into the Thousands over a year.

public figure and all that But still wasn't necesary and they wonder why they are seen as gutter journalists..
at what point wil they ( and I assume never) apologise to the saints players for shoving falshoods in their faces without checking...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Buckets
SS Life Member

Amazing that with such a stuff up, the article didnt publish the name of the financial agency???
Can anyone spell Scapegoat... :wink:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Buckets
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
I think Ross will be looking at legal action. Not against Sue Hewett or the Herald-Sun but against the buisness management company that failed to lodge a number of Buisness Activity Statements on Ross' behalf. I suspect that these management companies would be compelled to have professional indemnity cover !!
Hmmm don't know how that would go...

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:the post was not about Ross and his tax but more about the media feeling that they needed to put his life history out there..

did they also write articles on the other 100 or possibly more ( a guess) who missed on their tax last month or I assume maybe into the Thousands over a year.

public figure and all that But still wasn't necesary and they wonder why they are seen as gutter journalists..
at what point wil they ( and I assume never) apologise to the saints players for shoving falshoods in their faces without checking...
agree , this was just another cheap shot at someone at the saints . honestly , who cares if anyone pays a bill late !!!!!