Geelong and St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

faircatfan
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
faircatfan wrote:Personally i think you guys rolled the dice to a degree and took a few recyclyed players ( perhaps too many?), in reality you missed 2 GF wins narrowly. The cats had a premiership in the bank and could afford to pick up all kids. Selwood went number 7 from memory, so plenty of teams had a chance before the cats snared him. IF jesse Smith had stood up it would have been hailed a touch of genius, alas he didnt and it could be argued it was waste of a pick
Thanks for the input, while I may not agree entirely, it's still very 'fair' cat fan.
No trolling either i promise. I just think its good to have reasoned debate and discussion from another point of view. Its a cruel game. Like you guys we went thru 44 years of agony. reckon if we had beaten the hawks in 08, then you guys probably would have snared 09. cold comfort i know... just an opinion

jackson browne
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:
faircatfan wrote:Personally i think you guys rolled the dice to a degree and took a few recyclyed players ( perhaps too many?), in reality you missed 2 GF wins narrowly. The cats had a premiership in the bank and could afford to pick up all kids. Selwood went number 7 from memory, so plenty of teams had a chance before the cats snared him. IF jesse Smith had stood up it would have been hailed a touch of genius, alas he didnt and it could be argued it was waste of a pick
Thanks for the input, while I may not agree entirely, it's still very 'fair' cat fan.
No trolling either i promise. I just think its good to have reasoned debate and discussion from another point of view. Its a cruel game. Like you guys we went thru 44 years of agony. reckon if we had beaten the hawks in 08, then you guys probably would have snared 09. cold comfort i know... just an opinion
Yes, they were after redemption...everyone saying they wouldn't be remembered as a 'great' side unless they won.

Feels like ages ago now :(

faircatfan
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Yes, they were after redemption...everyone saying they wouldn't be remembered as a 'great' side unless they won.

Yeah i dont want to open old wounds at all, but any game won or lost by 2 or under goals luck plays a huge part. I know there is a lot of "hate" amongst other supporters, but i admire the way you guys on here stick together, its great to see. Seeing im in the praise mode, that bloke by the number of 35 ya had, still one of me all time favs (could play a BIT !!)

jackson browne
fingers
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Thanks FCF - interesting point of view on how winning one changes what you are then able to (or think you are able to) do.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong and St Kilda

fingers wrote:What's different ? We have both been in the top 4 for the last 3-5 years. They have a bunch of kids coming through that seem stronger than ours. Notwithstanding that they are probably the same vintage as Armitage and Stevens.

Anyone got a view as to how they've managed it?
While having your own Reserve side is helpful....the main point is:

SW vs JB

It is no accident that our last bunch of kids in one year is looking better than several years combined.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:
faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Yeah i dont want to open old wounds at all, but any game won or lost by 2 or under goals luck plays a huge part. I know there is a lot of "hate" amongst other supporters, but i admire the way you guys on here stick together, its great to see. Seeing im in the praise mode, that bloke by the number of 35 ya had, still one of me all time favs (could play a BIT !!)
Well if you are trolling you're doing a bloody lousy job of it so far :wink:

faircatfan
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:
faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Read saintsational for "ages" and took the plunge and signed up. Notice there are a few wild ones here too ( as there are on cats claw). As for trolling.. there are enuff tossers out there who want to make grief for oppostion supporters. I read a post here a couple of weeks ago when a poster mentioned to a brissy lions supporter what enjoyment he got out of rubbishing your team, after the lions had won 3 premierships. TThat is spot on.
Mate of mine here is a passionate saints man, and mentioned " i just want to win one" I for one wouldnt begrudge you guys at all.

jackson browne
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:
faircatfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Read saintsational for "ages" and took the plunge and signed up. Notice there are a few wild ones here too ( as there are on cats claw). As for trolling.. there are enuff tossers out there who want to make grief for oppostion supporters. I read a post here a couple of weeks ago when a poster mentioned to a brissy lions supporter what enjoyment he got out of rubbishing your team, after the lions had won 3 premierships. TThat is spot on.
Mate of mine here is a passionate saints man, and mentioned " i just want to win one" I for one wouldnt begrudge you guys at all.
Cheers FCF :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong and St Kilda

saintsRrising wrote:
fingers wrote:What's different ? We have both been in the top 4 for the last 3-5 years. They have a bunch of kids coming through that seem stronger than ours. Notwithstanding that they are probably the same vintage as Armitage and Stevens.

Anyone got a view as to how they've managed it?
While having your own Reserve side is helpful....the main point is:

SW vs JB

It is no accident that our last bunch of kids in one year is looking better than several years combined.
You do realise JB is now full time again at the club. Also he was only part time for the last 3 years so hard to blame him 2008 and 2009 recruiting. Went FT just before last years draft after Peake left so maybe he had a lot to do with the 2010 draft.