Team changes against Kangas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Do we know if Clarke is eligible to play this week?
Is that the sound of a can of worms opening :wink: :shock: :(

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Is that the sound of a can of worms opening :wink: :shock: :(
I hope not… All opinions aside, just purely interested if he eligible to play or not after playing at Sandy.
I've read a few posts about special consideration re: sub players
anyone?, anyone?, bueller?, bueller?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

good point. in that case

OUT: Kosi, Clarke , Gram
In: Johnson, Ledger , ?

? is out of Walsh, Simpkin, Winmar, Mcqualter, Lynch.

Cahill to FF for Sandy Seniors.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

OUT
Kosi
Clarke
Gram

IN
Johnson
Ledger
Walsh

Unlucky - Simkin

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:OUT
Kosi
Clarke
Gram

IN
Johnson
Ledger
Walsh

Unlucky - Simkin
I like those changes but i dont think we will bring in two big guys (johnson and walsh) i think it will be one or the other + simpkin or lynch to replace raph.

Sainter for life.
Quixote
SS Life Member

All I can say is - Tom Ledger had better play.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:All I can say is - Tom Ledger had better play.

if raph is ineligible gram might get one final reprieve.

out: kosi, clarke
in, johnson ledger

lucky to be in: gram

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Out Kosi, (unfortunately 2 weeks for what use to be a perfect tackle) Gram and Clarke
In: Ledger, Johnson, Walsh ( though he did have a bad day last week)
Fear that McQualter may get back in though, even though there is no real place for him.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
To the top
SS Life Member

We have kicked just 136 goals in 12 games.

That is an average of 11 goals a game - or less than 3 a quarter.

That puts pressure on our defence - and where we are very brittle at full back and have a couple of other deficiencies in terms of our ability to run the ball from defence with waves of support as we see employed against us.

Our goal kickers are led by Milne with 22, then Riewoldt with 16, Schnieder with 12 then Steven, Jones, Armitage, Peake and Cripps all with 7.

Absent from this list of major goal kickers are our highly regarded mid-field players, Goddard, Dal Santo and Montagna.

So what does this tell us?

Simply, we have no potent goal kickers in our side.

In terms of giving opportunity to "the kids" which many speak to, the prefereable way to give them some game time experience is alongside an experienced and well performing core.

Apart from Fisher we do not have that experienced and well performing core- for a raft of reasons including injury and interrupted pre-seasons.

So when we give these "kids" an opportunity over 2/3 games or so they do not have the courtesy of our senior players playing well and bringing them into the game.

They are being exposed to the big time in a struggling team which is averaging only 11 goals a game.

We have to settle on our core and work them into form - and then we will have the environment to introduce the "kids".

Gardiner and Hayes missing is critical.

Those 2 and you have the ball going our way from the dead ball plays - and that means we can play with a forward line not with all hands to the pumps in the wrong half (or quarter) of the ground.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Quixote wrote:All I can say is - Tom Ledger had better play.

if raph is ineligible gram might get one final reprieve.

out: kosi, clarke
in, johnson ledger

lucky to be in (the AFL): gram

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Good analaysis to the top, however, I do believe one of the reasons for our lack of scoring is caused by our structure.
In just about every game we played this year, Fisher and other players would win the ball and be in a position to move the ball forward only to look up and see no one ahead of them on the field, therefore they are forced to go sideways or backwards to find a target wearing the same jumper.
We need our forwards to stay in the forward line, not chase possessions in the midfield or half back.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:We have kicked just 136 goals in 12 games.

That puts pressure on our defence - and where we are very brittle at full back and have a couple of other deficiencies in terms of our ability to run the ball from defence with waves of support as we see employed against us.

Our goal kickers are led by Milne with 22, then Riewoldt with 16, Schnieder with 12 then Steven, Jones, Armitage, Peake and Cripps all with 7.

Absent from this list of major goal kickers are our highly regarded mid-field players, Goddard, Dal Santo and Montagna.

In terms of giving opportunity to "the kids" which many speak to, the prefereable way to give them some game time experience is alongside an experienced and well performing core.

Apart from Fisher we do not have that experienced and well performing core- for a raft of reasons including injury and interrupted pre-seasons.

So when we give these "kids" an opportunity over 2/3 games or so they do not have the courtesy of our senior players playing well and bringing them into the game.

They are being exposed to the big time in a struggling team which is averaging only 11 goals a game.

We have to settle on our core and work them into form - and then we will have the environment to introduce the "kids".

Those 2 and you have the ball going our way from the dead ball plays - and that means we can play with a forward line not with all hands to the pumps in the wrong half (or quarter) of the ground.
Where were you the last 3 years when we never played any kids? When we were winning the argument was there was no room in a winning side. Now the excuse is we dont want them exposed.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Out: Kosi. Gram. Dal Santo.

In: Ledger Walsh Lynch (Tom Tom Tom)

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Out: Kosi. Gram. Dal Santo.

In: Ledger Walsh Lynch (Tom Tom Tom)
Which games do you actually watch

Dal 32 possies (including double figure clearances) 134 super coach points and 5 votes from the coaches in the coaches award and you want him out of the team.

Obviously a week is a long time for your brain!!!

Come back when you are ready with something based on fact

To the top
SS Life Member

"That means we can play with a forward line - not with all hands to the pumps in the wrong half (or quarter) of the ground".

With form comes structure.

Further analysis discloses:-

Sippos (5), Steven (19), McEvoy (42), Crocker (0), Winmar (2), Armitage (40), Heyne (3), Stanley (9), Lynch (2), Simpkin (2), Cripps (4), Walsh (0), Ledger (2), Johnson (1), Smith (3), Cahill (0), Archer (1) and Curren (0).

That is half our list!

I have not looked at the 60/70/80/100 game players who should be now establishing as reliable and well performed AFL players - but there would be Dawson, Gwilt, Clarke, Jones and Gilbert as starters.

Between them and the list 3 paragraphs back, what do we have?

We have attempted to recruit to cover this hole in our playing ranks - with the likes of Ray, Polo, Peake etc. etc. recruited from other clubs.

Then we go to our most experienced, starting with Hayes and Milne and continuing down to Goddard.

As I have said before, we came into this season with 13 players on our list who had played less than 10 games - if any.

One third of our list.

Some of these should have been given more opportunity in 2009 and 2010 when we had a core of class players playing well - and they were masking the deficiencies we had.

We got lazy and complacent thru 2009 and 2010.

That is where the mistake was made.

Now we are giving exposure to those listed in a struggling environment where our key players are not performing for a raft of reasons.

Simply, the more of your key players performing the easier it is for the remainder to contribute because we have the pill and we are putting score board pressure on.

There is a knock on effect - also impacting on confidence.

Currently we are putting no score board pressure on, averaging only 11 goals a game.

Quixote
SS Life Member

To the top wrote:We have kicked just 136 goals in 12 games.

Can you please, in future, just draw pictures or something instead of writing all this meaningless stuff?

BTW I gather from a quick scan that you said our forwards aren't going well and nor are our mids. Hmmm. Didn't need to dial a friend did we.

Answer starts with the mids - tweaking continues up forward. Simple.

Here's a picture, by the way. I drew it myself, just now, in about 2 minutes.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Image
awesome pic, you sure it only took 2 minutes?

To the top
SS Life Member

Go back to soccer or marbles or whatever they play in the slums of Melbourne, you fornicated, insulting moron.

Just because your (lack of) intelligence sees you unable to comprehend past 3 words or scribble, don't assume others are as infantile and illiterate as you are.

And I am one who has drawn attention to the need to continue to roll over our bottom 6 which by my assesments includes the likes of the front running Milne, Baker, Blake, McQualter and those of their ilk.

Those with the experience to lead in these times, but who do and can not not because they are just not good enough or are past their use by date.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Out: Kosi, Baker, Clarke, Gamble

In: Siposs, Walsh, Simpkin, Ledger

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

dragit wrote:
That'll be worth something, when you've left this mortal coil. By the way, I agree that most of our issues are in the midfield.

Quixote
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
Thanks man. Yeah the MAC version of MS paint. Just had to resize it a bit. But you know, that happens :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

To the top wrote:Go back to soccer or marbles or whatever they play in the slums of Melbourne, you fornicated, insulting moron.

Just because your (lack of) intelligence sees you unable to comprehend past 3 words or scribble, don't assume others are as infantile and illiterate as you are.

And I am one who has drawn attention to the need to continue to roll over our bottom 6 which by my assesments includes the likes of the front running Milne, Baker, Blake, McQualter and those of their ilk.

Those with the experience to lead in these times, but who do and can not not because they are just not good enough or are past their use by date.
Hmm. Racial insinuations and juvenile humour in the one sentence. Well done, On The Flop!

And as for your drawing attention to our needs - PUH-LEESE.

That's like saying to a 2 dollar hooker, "Hey listen, there's this company called Ansell....'

Fair dinkum, FO and stop insulting me with your brain-deadedness.

I've got some steak to eat and Tomic to watch. :D

BTW - shouldn't be calling fellow posters illiterate with rookie errors like that :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
SunburySaint
Club Player

To the top wrote:Go back to soccer or marbles or whatever they play in the slums of Melbourne, you fornicated, insulting moron.

Milne bottom 6? Really? Leading goalscorer for the year, bottom 6?

did I miss something :?:

Now lives in Geelong...
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

In: Walsh, Siposs, Ledger, Lynch
Out: Kosi, Raph, Gram, Blake

Yep, 4 kids out. I'd much rather see 4 kids than the other 4 though.

B: Dempster, Dawson, Baker
HB: Lynch, Fisher, Gwilt
C: Goddard, Armitage, Steven
HF: Peake, Riewoldt, Schneider
F: Milne, Walsh, Siposs
R: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Montagna
IC: Ledger, Ray, Jones, Gamble

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Moorabbin Saints wrote:In: Walsh, Siposs, Ledger, Lynch
Out: Kosi, Raph, Gram, Blake

Yep, 4 kids out. I'd much rather see 4 kids than the other 4 though.

B: Dempster, Dawson, Baker
HB: Lynch, Fisher, Gwilt
C: Goddard, Armitage, Steven
HF: Peake, Riewoldt, Schneider
F: Milne, Walsh, Siposs
R: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Montagna
IC: Ledger, Ray, Jones, Gamble
again a week is a long time

Blake did not play in the last game, replaced by Kosi