Are we RUTHLESS enough? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Its just that were a smaller club , so we can be easily screwed over by the afl or the bigger clubs , eg. kosi's fractured skull , if that happened to a collingwood player , gia would have been suspended . likewise the baker farmer incident , again if bakes played for the pies , because their was no video evidence , he probably would have got off !
Look at the kangas , they've done so many inovative things over the last 20 years , but because their a smaller club than us , they get little free to air tele , constantly struggling to make money , and when you hear them complaining publicly about getting a raw deal , the afl are dismissive , mentioning their compensated in other ways .
Remember how many times GT got in trouble with them , I'm sure this hurt the saints in a minor way , and look at how they got him sacked from some of his media gigs , once he was no longer a coach !
The smaller clubs need to unite ( but this will never happen ) to get the afl ( after all they run the game on behalf of ALL the clubs ).
to get them better stadium deals , even fixtures etc... etc...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: A Lovett - unsophisticated research. Were we conned by by a savvier Essendon who got a first round pick for a lemon? Probably.

...more likely no research at all....the guy was a convicted thug who locked his girlfriend in a car while he punched the s*** out of her for over an hour.......why the f*** would you be trying to recruit him....the bummers tried to offload him the year before too but there were no takers.......bet they are still laughing at us....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Steven Baker

Rolled over and took it in the arse.......and the defense was weak...

He was hung out to dry, by a tribunial that didnt like his style of play....joke

Actually, who is the person who defends our reported players?
Ross Levin did that one and stuffed up big time.
Just read this. Now not so sure !!
Pretty sure Ross Levin told him what to say. Of course I could be wrong. I usually am.
[(The Herald Sun
On that day on SEN radio, Thomas had questioned why Levin, a lawyer, had not been asked for advice in the bungled Steven Baker tribunal hearing.
He's a corporate lawyer though.

Very different feom the Law & Order type lawyer people seem to think he is!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:As for Duthie, the media screwed us but they hold all the cards, once they head in a direction you just have to hope their attention wavers. We were Homer Simpson with his sweet candy hands, they didn't care about ethics or integrity just ratings. Sucks, but thats life.
Love the analogy gringo :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
oneteam wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He was hung out to dry, by a tribunial that didnt like his style of play....joke

Pretty sure Ross Levin told him what to say. Of course I could be wrong. I usually am.
[(The Herald Sun
On that day on SEN radio, Thomas had questioned why Levin, a lawyer, had not been asked for advice in the bungled Steven Baker tribunal hearing.

Well...he should be handy for the Saints next M&A.... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
johnny member wrote:

Look, he's a nice dude. Bit different, but a decent guy.

He was always just seemed like another hard core Saints fan with Saints stuff plastered all around his office when I first met him.
But once he actually got involved with the club, it worried me!

He love to 'share' his experiences with people. I loved it cause I got all the goss, but wasn't really ideal I didn't think.
But I must say it was a bit of an eye opener as to how these supposed 'big wig board members' aren't that much different to the rest of the Saints desperates out there!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Teflon wrote:
johnny member wrote:

Look, he's a nice dude. Bit different, but a decent guy.

He was always just seemed like another hard core Saints fan with Saints stuff plastered all around his office when I first met him.
But once he actually got involved with the club, it worried me!

He love to 'share' his experiences with people. I loved it cause I got all the goss, but wasn't really ideal I didn't think.
But I must say it was a bit of an eye opener as to how these supposed 'big wig board members' aren't that much different to the rest of the Saints desperates out there!
You sound a lot like Dodgyfox....how you been?

But yeah, Im not a fan of:

a - Lawyers
b - People relaying information they shouldnt to impress...screams "unprofessional".

The little Ive seen of Levin he comes across as a guy who like the cocktails parties.

“Yeah….nah””
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: A Lovett - unsophisticated research. Were we conned by by a savvier Essendon who got a first round pick for a lemon? Probably.
Lovett did come with "Glowing Character References" from three "Highly Respected" AFL figures in James Hird, Kevin Sheedy and John Quinn. I'd love for the contents of those references to be made public !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Lovett did come with "Glowing Character References" from three "Highly Respected" AFL figures in James Hird, Kevin Sheedy and John Quinn. I'd love for the contents of those references to be made public !!
And Kim Duthie came with "Glowing Character References" from Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen! :roll:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I really have no idea as to whether those Bomber blokes told porkies in order to offload a troubled player for a choice draft pick. Or whether they honestly believed he would reinvent himself and he just let everyone down.

It's done now and I'm really past caring.

I'd be interested to know whether any of the posters urging the club to pick up Fevola are also bagging the club over the Lovett deal. I know Fev won't cost us much but the risks are there for all to see.

The Saints recent history of offering a lifeline to damaged players must start with Andrew Lovett and end with Andrew Lovett!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

done
get it out the way
move on

drop and forget the whole thing
lets concentrate on the rest of the season and 2012

Behind Play
Club Player

oneteam wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

[(The Herald Sun

Baker copped a seven-week suspension when he effectively admitted initiating head-high contact with Fremantle's Jeff Farmer.) ]

The issue of being ruthless enough is possibly going to become very relevant if we lose to north.

Will the club be strong enough if we don't make the finals? I hope we do , 1 million percent, but IF not, i hope the powers that be will make the hard decisions at trade time that are needed.
Wasn't it Ken Sheldon?

St Nick

Being forced to wear a stupid clash strip in the GF's is the big one for me. This was a rule made up overnight by the f@ing AFL. Collingfilth caused the f@ing clash in the first place by changing their back to black. Then again, if the rule applied to ALL teams I could maybe stomach it. But it doesn't, and we should have told the f@ing AFL to go and get f@#!ed.

IMHO, we should have 3 different jumpers...
1. The traditional strip.
2. The traditional strip with a white back.
3. The traditional strip with a red back.

Simple!!