Tomahawk v the Fev

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tomahawk v the Fev

Before you all say neither.

Lets just pretend we had to take one or the other on a 2 year contract only.

Im interested in who people would prefer of the two.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well one cant play in the VFL at all and one has been dropped to the VFL but he can at least play in 2 positions. Hawkins by the length of a Black Cavier win.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hawkins.

More upside. Can also cover the ruck.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Neither :wink:

but if i had to choose, i would go with Hawkins, only cause he is younger and not a complete d***head

Sainter for life.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Neither!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Hawkins.

People forget that talls take longer to develop. He's 22 and 197cm. He could hit 25 and be a monster.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SunburySaint
Club Player

Hawkins by a country mile..... Although with Fev being a lifelong Saints fan I guess if he was ever going to turn it around it would be with us.

Now lives in Geelong...
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

neither. develop our own

totallyfrank
Club Player

hmm, do I want a punch on the nose or a kick in the nuts?

If you really must know, definitely tomahawk. As noted, plenty more upside

If you aim to fail and succeed, what have you done?
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Of those 2 Hawkins easily - young and can play Fwd and Ruck :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ok i think we have a pretty clear result for the tomahawk.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

tbh, i don't think we need to go out and buy a forward because:
1) We dont have the $$ to get a quality player
2) We have Walsh, Johnson and Stanley, who one of could solve our problems in the forward line, and yet none have been given the chance this year (besides Johnson playing about half a qrt agaisnt the crows)

Some of you will say Walsh, Johnson and Stanley havent put their hands up for a spot in the senior side, but i think they should be given the chance to prove themselves.

Ill leave with this video
I would like to see this ^^^ instead of dud hawkins or uphimself fevola in stkilda colours.

Sainter for life.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:tbh, i don't think we need to go out and buy a forward because:
1) We dont have the $$ to get a quality player
2) We have Walsh, Johnson and Stanley, who one of could solve our problems in the forward line, and yet none have been given the chance this year (besides Johnson playing about half a qrt agaisnt the crows)

Some of you will say Walsh, Johnson and Stanley havent put their hands up for a spot in the senior side, but i think they should be given the chance to prove themselves.

Ill leave with this video
I would like to see this ^^^ instead of dud hawkins or uphimself fevola in stkilda colours.
And Hawkins himself now playing in the VFL isn't really demanding a recall.

The bloke has been given an amazing amount of chances to succeed in a terrific team badly requiring a key forward and has never really been able to produce the goods. Playing only fairly now in the VFL, why would he be any better than the kids we've got running around for Sandy?

Someone suggested a deal will be done whereby Gilbert goes to GWS and we get Hawkins from Geelong. I don't want him at all but if he does end up at Seaford I hope we gave up less than we gave up for Steven King!

saint tash
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Hawkins.

Soft as butter.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Too bad Stanley has shown nothing when it counts and not in some practice match over a year ago.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Hawkins.

Soft as butter.
What possible relevance does your post have?

The question was between Fevola and Hawkins not if I actually wanted either :roll:

Lance or James??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

my personal preference is for a home grown kid - stanley/johnson/archer

but our coach seems to have a preference for re-treads. so just wondering who people would prefer.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:my personal preference is for a home grown kid - stanley/johnson/archer

but our coach seems to have a preference for re-treads. so just wondering who people would prefer.
Stanley/Siposs/Johnson/Archer/Walsh may not be demanding senior selection but neither is Hawkins playing in the same competition.

And we already have those guys (plus Cahill) whereas we'd have to give up something to get Tom.

Yes Ross has indicated he will look at getting someone but he hasn't mentioned any names. No reason to think Hawkins is on his radar.

StevieSaint
Club Player

FEV!!!!!!!

Then again...Hawkins manages to get 6 points from kicks that hit the goal post so that would be pretty handy

GO SAINTS GO
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

StevieSaint wrote:FEV!!!!!!!

Then again...Hawkins manages to get 6 points from kicks that hit the goal post so that would be pretty handy
But if he comes to us he'll probably kick goals that get marked down as 1 point :(

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Neither :wink:

but if i had to choose, i would go with Hawkins, only cause he is younger and not a complete d***head
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Gora, I thought this one over before giving my answer as neither.

I think the last thing we need for 2012 is to be recruiting notorious gambling alcoholics or hasbeens from Geelong.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintbob
SS Life Member

With our recruiting history over the last few seasons, we might just pick up Bradshaw, because RL has shown in the past even if other clubs medico's can't fix them he's still prepared to waste a pick!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:With our recruiting history over the last few seasons, we might just pick up Bradshaw, because RL has shown in the past even if other clubs medico's can't fix them he's still prepared to waste a pick!!!
Must be hard being so cynical all the time bob :roll:

saintbob
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintbob wrote:With our recruiting history over the last few seasons, we might just pick up Bradshaw, because RL has shown in the past even if other clubs medico's can't fix them he's still prepared to waste a pick!!!
Must be hard being so cynical all the time bob :roll:
Thanks for the diagnosis Doc, but I actually thought these forums were to get peoples differing opinions!!!