The Rumour File on 3AW the other day...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Nick

The Rumour File on 3AW the other day...

One guy rang up and said GWS are after Riewoldt and were prepared to give us 2 early first round picks. If this is true, do you think the Saints would accept this offer?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Yep

Another opportunity awaits!
older saint
SS Life Member

No. Do not give away champions unless they want to leave.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey St Nick, they call him St Nick for a reason

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I think you (or the caller) are lying and you / he don't know sh*t

matrix
Saintsational Legend

didntt hear it
cant be true

full of crap

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: The Rumour File on 3AW the other day...

St Nick wrote:One guy rang up and said GWS are after Riewoldt and were prepared to give us 2 early first round picks. If this is true, do you think the Saints would accept this offer?
You don't know much about your namesake if you gave even a second's thought to that claim - real or not, true or not.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Batnoe
Club Player

On current form... yes! In a flash... We could then get 2 young up and comers to fill his spot (Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin- if we found 2 people half as good as these guys for Nick Riewoldt for 10 years then we would be dumb not to)

However, i dont think we will as at his best he is fantastic... lets just hope we can get another Forward to help him out so then he can go back to his normal free flowing game!

Carn Saints
Batnoe
Club Player

On current form... yes! In a flash... We could then get 2 young up and comers to fill his spot (Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin- if we found 2 people half as good as these guys for Nick Riewoldt for 10 years then we would be dumb not to)

However, i dont think we will as at his best he is fantastic... lets just hope we can get another Forward to help him out so then he can go back to his normal free flowing game!

Carn Saints
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

What a friggin joke, the guy has a few bad games in 10 years of unbelievable service to this club and all of a sudden it's ok to trade him for 2 first round picks!!! I remember when GC were sniffing around how much gnashing of teeth there was at the thought of Roo leaving. And we whinge about the lack of loyalty shown by players who leave.
Our supporter base is fast becoming rabble

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Won't happen...but if that was the offer,the club would be crazy not too.

Howl me down I don't care,boo hoo

Bring back the Lockett era
Saints43
Club Player

If the club decide that we cannot win a premiership before his carrer ends then it should be considered.

But only if we are willing to go all the way. And that means deciding who has trade value that won't win a flag at St Kilda in their career and moving them on also. That could mean Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Fisher, Montagna, Schneider (pre DOB 1985) all go. And all would have to go in the one trade period otherwise we are destroying a core for no real benefit. Signalling the end for most other pre 85s.

If we could move on all of those players then we should get some pretty decent picks. They would have major interest from emerging and challenging clubs.

Of course we would sit around 17th spot on the ladder for quite a while. But assuming we trade and draft pretty well we could end up with six to nine top end kids with their whole careers in front of them.

I think the club should be at least sounding out interest from other clubs.

mohannair
Club Player

St Nick wrote:One guy rang up and said GWS are after Riewoldt and were prepared to give us 2 early first round picks. If this is true, do you think the Saints would accept this offer?
I think you are b--l s----ing just to create a stroy. I listen to most of the radio calls & have not heard any such thing.

Better do something abount the spare time you have rather than create such baseless claims. :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:
I think you are b--l s----ing just to create a stroy. I listen to most of the radio calls & have not heard any such thing.

Better do something abount the spare time you have rather than create such baseless claims. :evil:
+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

I'm starting to think that St.Nick may live under a bridge.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

only if gws were prepared to throw in a couple of dozen frangers to sweeten the deal....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....ffs...
Last edited by stinger on Wed 22 Jun 2011 2:16pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints43
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:If the club decide that we cannot win a premiership before his carrer ends then it should be considered.

But only if we are willing to go all the way. And that means deciding who has trade value that won't win a flag at St Kilda in their career and moving them on also. That could mean Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Fisher, Montagna, Schneider (pre DOB 1985) all go. And all would have to go in the one trade period otherwise we are destroying a core for no real benefit. Signalling the end for most other pre 85s.

If we could move on all of those players then we should get some pretty decent picks. They would have major interest from emerging and challenging clubs.

Of course we would sit around 17th spot on the ladder for quite a while. But assuming we trade and draft pretty well we could end up with six to nine top end kids with their whole careers in front of them.

I think the club should be at least sounding out interest from other clubs.

Edit: Very slight problem with the above: I think free agency comes in next year and all of the players named would be eligible.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

NO FKEN WAY. Dont give up a player like Roo, after all these years.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:

It WAS on the 3AW Rumour File. I heard it and ignored it !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Whats the deal with the increased level of Trolls joining these boards at the moment??!!...

It's like they've been waiting 4 years for us to have an average year to come out and rub it in...

Their lives must be very fulfilling... :roll:

St Nick

Eastern wrote:
mohannair wrote:

It WAS on the 3AW Rumour File. I heard it and ignored it !!
Thank you Eastern. This place is truly amazing for all the wrong reasons. I posted what I heard on the radio and all of a sudden the lynch mob are out to get me. :roll: I didn't say I agreed with it. I was just asking if true, would St kilda accept it? That's all. :roll: Seems like a lot of people on here are in a bad way or are just drop kicks. :roll:

St Nick

delete.
Last edited by St Nick on Wed 22 Jun 2011 3:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Nick

delete
Last edited by St Nick on Wed 22 Jun 2011 3:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Nick

No idea why it posted 3 times.....sorry
Last edited by St Nick on Wed 22 Jun 2011 3:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:No idea why it posed 3 times.....sorry
Yeah, it wasn't that good! :P