Team changes against Kangas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Play the kids ffs.

The season is over. Get some games into them NOW.
if we want to, we could feasibly win five or six games of the next six. then we'd be in some sort of form and sitting in the lower reaches of the eight, with collingwood, sydney away, north and carlton to come. yes, there'd still be a task ahead of us, but it's hard to say the season is quite over yet.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Gilbert, in horror form. Isn't enjoying his footy and I doubt he's enjoying life at Seaford or in Melbourne in general. Send him on leave and only bring him back if he really wants to play for the Saints. Given what he's been through, I doubt he will. I think playing for a new club AWAY from Melbourne is what he needs.
from what i hear, his girlfriend is in melbourne and he's happy in this town - not being the sharpest tool in the shed.

but i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in an essendon jumper next year (without any particular information on this) because i reckon they've got some stuff we could use and he could slot into their side nicely.
As I have posted in another thread, Gilbert will be in GWS colours next year and the compensation pick we get for him will go to Geelong in exchange for Hawkins.

saint58
Club Player

stevie wrote:I know this will cause the usual arguments but I don't care!!

i suggested it weeks ago and I think its still valid:

Roo to CHB. He gets his mojo back. He would be a good matchup on Petrie;

Zac to FF. He's done ok there before, he gets his mojo back and doesn't have to worry about keeping up with big fwds;

If not Zac, Chips down fwd, or BJ.

At least try it against the Roos...

Dont know about roo at chb but like your thinking about Zack it would not disrupt the backline to much interesting.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
bergholt wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Gilbert, in horror form. Isn't enjoying his footy and I doubt he's enjoying life at Seaford or in Melbourne in general. Send him on leave and only bring him back if he really wants to play for the Saints. Given what he's been through, I doubt he will. I think playing for a new club AWAY from Melbourne is what he needs.
from what i hear, his girlfriend is in melbourne and he's happy in this town - not being the sharpest tool in the shed.

but i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in an essendon jumper next year (without any particular information on this) because i reckon they've got some stuff we could use and he could slot into their side nicely.
As I have posted in another thread, Gilbert will be in GWS colours next year and the compensation pick we get for him will go to Geelong in exchange for Hawkins.

If that happened, I would not be too cross.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote:

If that happened, I would not be too cross.
So that basically makes it a straight swap of Gilbert for Hawkins.

As disappointing as Sam has been so far in 2011, I think we'd be the loser in such a deal.

Don't rate Hawkins at all. A big lump of a kid who dominated at U18 level but has struggled when faced with opponents his own size.

Of course if it happens I hope I'm proven wrong!

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Hawkins is an absolute dud.if he cant get a game with the supremely talented geelomg midfield putting passes down his throat how is he going to go with the likes of clinton jones kicking the ball over his head time and time again.

He would need a major penny dropping moment of discovery to turn his career around, dont think it will ever happen.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

God no Hawkins is a cabbage.

They are happy with Vardy/Menzel and co...thats why theyd want to off load their "plugger".

No tks.

“Yeah….nah””
saintbob
SS Life Member

OUTS: KOSI, RAPH, GRAM, DAWSON, GILBERT

INS: JOHNSON, LEDGER, SIPOSS, SIMPKIN, BLAKE

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I'll spew if we go anywhere near Hawkins...

And Gilbo isn't going anywhere... All other talk is big noting bullsh1t...

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

We will keep trying to train it, improve it and filter talent through over the journey that can take us to a level of execution to allow us to win the games we want to win.
Ross Lyon's comment after last week's game.

If his words are worth anything it might be Dal Santo that we see in the twos. Clear turnover leader with 15, followed by Gram with 10.

However his other comment was Walsh was the only one who had put his hand up. So, pending this weekend's Sandy performance I'll say one change:

OUT Kosi (susp.)
IN Walsh

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont doubt that. I reckon thats a serious possibility.
Just dont tell my dad. He cant stand the tomahawk. He will spew if he hears this.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

straight swap for jetta would be nice.

:lol:

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Out: Gamble, Gram, Gilbert, Clarke, Koschitzke (susp)
In: Siposs, Ledger, Lynch, Blake, Stanley

B: Gwilt, Dawson, Baker
HB: Lynch, Blake, Fisher
C: Peake, Steven, Montagna
HF: Schneider, Goddard, Riewoldt
F: Milne, Stanley, Siposs

Foll: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Armitage
Int: Ray, Jones, Ledger, Dempster

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
We will keep trying to train it, improve it and filter talent through over the journey that can take us to a level of execution to allow us to win the games we want to win.
Ross Lyon's comment after last week's game.

If his words are worth anything it might be Dal Santo that we see in the twos. Clear turnover leader with 15, followed by Gram with 10.

However his other comment was Walsh was the only one who had put his hand up. So, pending this weekend's Sandy performance I'll say one change:

OUT Kosi (susp.)
IN Walsh
I reckon this game has been flagged for a while as the Tommy Walsh game and Kosi getting rubbed out doesn't hurt that prospect at all.

However given we've got a bye this week and Sandy doesn't it's pretty hard to guess any changes, because a lot will ride on performances on Sunday.

A bit of fun nonetheless.

mohannair
Club Player

Having looked at the domination Petrie & Goldstein did yesterday we should have someone to counteract both.

I think the game was won by Kangas becasue of these 2 talls.

Macca should match up with Goldy but should nullify the impact of Petrie.

Last year Jonesy shut Harvey for his worst game of the season so I expect him to go to Harvey.

Who will get Petrie, Walsh any chance?

saintjake
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:Out: Gamble, Gram, Gilbert, Clarke, Koschitzke (susp)
In: Siposs, Ledger, Lynch, Blake, Stanley

B: Gwilt, Dawson, Baker
HB: Lynch, Blake, Fisher
C: Peake, Steven, Montagna
HF: Schneider, Goddard, Riewoldt
F: Milne, Stanley, Siposs

Foll: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Armitage
Int: Ray, Jones, Ledger, Dempster
Stanley in at FF over Johnson and even Walsh?
Riewoldt to a Flank and Goddard to CHF?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Petrie is experienced and playing well. We need to match him up with experience - Zac first, then Gwilt. Leave Fisher at HB.

Walsh kicked 3 for Sandy and played well. He should be a good chance for this week. :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Petrie is experienced and playing well. We need to match him up with experience - Zac first, then Gwilt. Leave Fisher at HB.

Walsh kicked 3 for Sandy and played well. He should be a good chance for this week. :)
I think you mean Johnson kicked 3 for Sandy JO :wink:

saintjake
Club Player

Might make Petrie the Captain on my Supercoach side this week.
Is in ripping form and I cant really find anyone on our list that could match him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Might make Petrie the Captain on my Supercoach side this week.
Is in ripping form and I cant really find anyone on our list that could match him.
It's pretty obvious that most of the kicks are going to him though, he is actually ranked the second highest inside 50 target in the comp this year.

A team effort should see him nullified surely?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Thanks Doc - yes you are correct, I was meaning Johnson.

It's called "pushing the send button before checking the message." Unfortunately, I do it all the time. :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

IN: Johnson, Ledger
OUT: Kosi (susp), Gram (om)

This also means Cahill can play Sandy Seniors this week.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

In: johnson, ledger

out: kosi, raph

sipposs very close and gamble needs to keep working his butt off to keep his spot. Zac on notice, walsh has to to ber very close.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Do we know if Clarke is eligible to play this week?

attila_Siposs
Club Player

Re: Team changes against Kangas

mohannair wrote:With Kosi gone for couple of weeks I think Sippos should come in (or may be Blake), Ralph may go & get in Simpkin.

What else?

Any chance Gardi will come in? Heard that he injured his knee in another forum, don't know if it is true. If not he should play for Sandi nthis week & come in straight for the game against Kangas.

In that case Macca can play forward along with Roey.

In short

OUT:- Kosi, Ralph & ????
In:- Sippos(Blake), Simpkin & Gardi

no chance of Blake. Poor bugga did his knee again yesterday playing for sandy. Did it in the first quarter