Integrity of selection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elvis lives
Club Player

Integrity of selection

Time to put your money where your mouth is Ross. Sam gilbert has been a very good player for this team in previous years but he has had 13 games now to find form and is a still an absolute liability. Guys like lynch and Walsh are pushing for selection and deserve to be rewarded. I hate to say it but the same goes for schneider and Milne, it's time to make players accountable for consistent no shows.

I am marching in the Saints army
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

How do we know who is and isn't available at any given time?

We don't.

We guess.

Unless we're there, we can't question integrity of selection.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Wollongong_saint
Club Player

Re: Integrity of selection

elvis lives wrote:Time to put your money where your mouth is Ross. Sam gilbert has been a very good player for this team in previous years but he has had 13 games now to find form and is a still an absolute liability. Guys like lynch and Walsh are pushing for selection and deserve to be rewarded. I hate to say it but the same goes for schneider and Milne, it's time to make players accountable for consistent no shows.

Agreed. Except for Milney, he's earnt his spot and will take more than one sub-part game for him to have to explain himself. Gram, Gilbert, Clarke, maybe even Dawson.....I'd love to see them rise again in Red, White and Black but not sure that I can stand losing any more games on the back of their errors......time to give somebody else a chance.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:How do we know who is and isn't available at any given time?

We don't.

We guess.

Oh yes we can. As soon as I saw Blake missing and Raph as sub, I knew we were in trouble.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint58
Club Player

Re: Integrity of selection

elvis lives wrote:Time to put your money where your mouth is Ross. Sam gilbert has been a very good player for this team in previous years but he has had 13 games now to find form and is a still an absolute liability. Guys like lynch and Walsh are pushing for selection and deserve to be rewarded. I hate to say it but the same goes for schneider and Milne, it's time to make players accountable for consistent no shows.
I total agree with you but if they were going to play walsh or Archer lynch they would have. So they will go with gardy,blake.

They only play the young guys if there is a injury or suspension and then only if they have to,for 2 games only anyway.

To say we dont have a key forward is rubbish we dont try any there johnson,Walsh,Archer are all big enough mobile enough and strong enough to play.
These guys get out of the best on ground for the last 4 games but kossi didnt even get named is getting a game(kossi did ok).

They couldnt do any worse and we might even find a player like geelongs vardy they kept him in the team not drop him after 2 games.

SO ROSS AND THE BOYS GIVE THE KIDS A GO WHAT HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE THE GAME HA.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

RL has no credibility in selection...

Kosi although he did ok he should not of got a game on his VFL form.
Gamble likewise...
Gilbert, Gram, Schneider & Dawson all in poor form yet continue to play.
What does Lynch have to do to get a consistent run of games.
Montagna no where near fit another disgraceful decision to drop Ledger for an injured player.
RL dropped Polo because he couldn't hit a target - let's see what happen to Gilbert Ray & Gram.
We need key forwards play Johnson Walsh Archer.
I have Absolutely lost faith in you and your selection policies this year Ross. You say you wont give away games - does this apply only to select players? St Kilda of old?
You continue to make some very poor decisions & have lost my support I'm sorry!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

What was the point of picking Leigh Montagna, and worse, having Raph Clarke as sub rather than Tom Ledger? Kosi wasn't too bad in the first half but runs out of puff after that.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:What was the point of picking Leigh Montagna, and worse, having Raph Clarke as sub rather than Tom Ledger? Kosi wasn't too bad in the first half but runs out of puff after that.
Didn't Raph run with Kelly in the last? Kept him quiet too.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Do we drop Riewoldt on form too?
Milne, Riewoldt and Schnieder are our 3 leading goal kickers, you can't drop these guys, they are out of touch but their delivery is more the problem.

Podsiadly kicked six against against Hawthorn (Gibson) last week and you want Dawson dropped cause he kicked 2? Dawson wasn't beaten often tonight…

I too would like to see Walsh, Lynch, Ledger and Johnson get a few games, but maybe at the expense of Gamble, Gram, Gilbert and maybe Baker

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Gram is playing the most selfish, lazy, pathetic brand of footy I have ever seen from a St Kilda player and gets recalled and retained despite showing no improvement at Sandy.

Gamble just keeps on showing why he's a mile off being an AFL player yet keeps getting picked over players performing much better for the reserves in Johnson and Lynch.

Gilbert has been a good player and it's fair enough to show some faith in your guns, but his form has been absolutely shocking this year and simply doesn't deserve a spot. And I can not believe they chose Raph as the sub AGAIN. He is clearly a player who needs to work his way into the game gradually if he is to play well.

Credit must go to Peake though. He looked gone after poor GF performances and an ordinary start to the year but worked his way back and is playing well.

For the Roos game I want to see
OUT: Gram, Gamble, Gilbert, Clarke
IN: Ledger, Siposs, Lynch, Walsh

B: Gwilt, Dawson, Baker
HB: Fisher, Walsh, Lynch
C: Peake, Steven, Montagna
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Armitage
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Siposs

Foll: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Goddard
Int: Ledger, Dempster, Ray, Jones

Emg: Blake, Johnson, Smith

They simply have to stop picking hacks because they're older.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

---
Last edited by mad saint guy on Sun 19 Jun 2011 12:59am, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Montagna was obviously not fit enough to play, yet he must have put his hand up. He needs a kick in the backside for that in this day and age.
Last edited by borderbarry on Sun 19 Jun 2011 12:37am, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It was our field kicking that lost the game tonight. We kicked it out on the full 4 times in the first quarter. Geelong did once for the night, in the 3rd. It doesnt matter how many kicks a player gets if he cant kick it to advantage. He may as well be on the bench. Gilbert Gram Ray and Jones kicking is atrocious. How can we win games with so many poor kicks in the team? And the youngsters who have been dropped all kick better than that lot.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Thinline wrote:How do we know who is and isn't available at any given time?

We don't.

We guess.

Oh yes we can. As soon as I saw Blake missing and Raph as sub, I knew we were in trouble.
Thought we were in trouble two days before that.
What a disgrace tonight was. Despite what Ross said, after the first quarter we were never in that game. Dyer.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
defacto
Club Player

what does johnson and lynch need to do to be given a decent opportunity and a string of 1-3 full games.

absolute joke that gram got a recall. the guy should be trade/delist.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert was all right tonight.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:what does johnson and lynch need to do to be given a decent opportunity and a string of 1-3 full games.

What was he said, about some guys just going through the motions? :?

defacto
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
defacto wrote:what does johnson and lynch need to do to be given a decent opportunity and a string of 1-3 full games.

HUH?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
SainterK wrote:

HUH?
I was agreeing with you...Gram, was happy to point the fingers at others and make a call about their work ethic a month or so back.