How do we all think Peake's going?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I didn't think he was as good as he was against Melbourne and Fremantle, but he was decent. He's definitely playing much better than Gram IMO.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's good to see his run, which gives us (the supporters) a real lift. It would be great to see others doing the same.

His kicking clangers (a couple a game), are very conspicuous, which puts him off-side with many supporters.

He has lifted his game since being dropped. However, I am not sure that he will ever be able to overcome his GF clangers in some supporters minds. :roll:

suss
Club Player

There're a few posts suggesting he doesn't use his left side but he did on Friday when he ran around a couple and hit up Benny Mac in front of goal in the first quarter. I like the fact that he at least makes an effort to use his non-preferred foot, which is something several some others are afraid to do.

He's definitely trying his arse off and he definately gives us run that we were sorely missing.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:He's definitely trying his arse off and he definately gives us run that we were sorely missing.
Bizarre... you got the spelling right the first time and muffed it the second.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I think the guy is going okay, and his goal at the G against the filth was one of a number of positives from that game.
Give him an extended run for mine!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:There're a few posts suggesting he doesn't use his left side but he did on Friday when he ran around a couple and hit up Benny Mac in front of goal in the first quarter. I like the fact that he at least makes an effort to use his non-preferred foot, which is something several some others are afraid to do.

He's definitely trying his arse off and he definately gives us run that we were sorely missing.
Was that afte trying to run around the mark, forcing him to run onto his left and kick in hope?

Did it again kickin into the forwardline where the ball went nowhere.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I think the guy is going okay, and his goal at the G against the filth was one of a number of positives from that game.
Give him an extended run for mine!
He's 28. How much of an extended run does he need?

suss
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:
suss wrote:He's definitely trying his arse off and he definately gives us run that we were sorely missing.
Bizarre... you got the spelling right the first time and muffed it the second.
I'm an enigma...this iPad thingy doesn't help. No 'F7'.

suss
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
suss wrote:There're a few posts suggesting he doesn't use his left side but he did on Friday when he ran around a couple and hit up Benny Mac in front of goal in the first quarter. I like the fact that he at least makes an effort to use his non-preferred foot, which is something several some others are afraid to do.

Was that afte trying to run around the mark, forcing him to run onto his left and kick in hope?

Did it again kickin into the forwardline where the ball went nowhere.
Yes, the 'kick in hope' that ended in a goal. When was the last time Gilbo even had a crack on his right foot?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He is going well this year and seems to have lifted his game to another level. He had a few crap games and a few good one last year but seems to have lifted. He has pace and should be seen as an x factor player. This year he is playing like Lovett did at Essendon, he has improved in decision making and skill I think.

Furphy
Club Player

If you'd asked me earlier this year, I would have said "waste of a draft pick and list clogger" but I've been very impressed with him in recent weeks & gald he has proven me wrong!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He is going well this year and seems to have lifted his game to another level. He had a few crap games and a few good one last year but seems to have lifted. He has pace and should be seen as an x factor player. This year he is playing like Lovett did at Essendon, he has improved in decision making and skill I think.

I suggest watching more games involving teams other than the saints. Comparing him to Lovett... Geez.

Lovett was one of the few players that had pace towards goal, also an elite kick. Lovett was worth pick 16 with old field issues. Imagine if he was behaved off field.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Lovett - one of the most overated players ever - majorly outside and inconstent. Ok if you get the ball to him 20m in the clear :shock:
Poor work ethic ......

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i have been impressed with him these past weeks.....think guys like him and ray have helped us turn things around....
hes has a great month peakey. issue for him is consistency. he seems to have a good month then bad month etc etc.

defacto
Club Player

been in our best since the melbourne game. some people are very hard to please.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bumpity, bumpity, bump, bump, bump

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kept us in the game tonight......in our best along with jones, dal and fisher.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Peake one of their best again - don't know why he was ever tipped out in the first place :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bloke can run. And run. And run. And run. And run.

Gutbuster.

Plays like every game's his last atm.

Liking.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Bloke can run. And run. And run. And run. And run.

Gutbuster.

Plays like every game's his last atm.

Liking.
Like any player he's gotta keep doing it of course.

But I'm just loving his enthusiasm and liveliness at the moment.

If he was our worst player we'd be sitting unbeaten on the top of the ladder.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ok

lennyeverywhere
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Thought he was good, although he really doesnt likes his left side.
"he really doesnt likes his left side" This is the biggest understatement ever.

He has no left side at all.

I like his effort and think his run is good for us. We have so few attacking players even if he makes the odd error.

Whereas I think Gram is stealing a game we could be getting into ledger or smith or one of the younger guys. To me he looks like he doesn't want to be there and just going through the motions picking up his cheque.

lennyeverywhere
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Thought he was good, although he really doesnt likes his left side.
"he really doesnt likes his left side" This is the biggest understatement ever.

He has no left side at all.

I like his effort and think his run is good for us. We have so few attacking players even if he makes the odd error.

Whereas I think Gram is stealing a game we could be getting into ledger or smith or one of the younger guys. To me he looks like he doesn't want to be there and just going through the motions picking up his cheque.

Winmar
Club Player

Peake was one of our better players tonight and he's been pretty good over the last few weeks. He hasn't butchered the ball half as much as a few of his teammates.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ok