JB - Don't do it again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

JB - Don't do it again!

Jason Blake will make his return for the first time in a number of weeks.

I haven't been following the Zebras closely nor his progress with them.

Does his recent form with them really warrant his selection for this week? Apprently, Mini was our best player at Sandy last week.

I really don't want to be a JB basher. I respect him as a player. He's one of our veterans and has given his all to our club over the course of his career.

However, it'd be pretty fair to say his form was very ordinary in the games he's played for St.Kilda so far this season.

I just don't want to see another repeat of something like this again tomorrow night :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

did he play for sandy or is he just coming back from injury ..same as joey...??/

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He has been out, injured for a couple of weeks and has not played for the Zebras.

Selectors have gone for experience and a resting ruck for McEvoy.

He looked a little "iffy" at training during the week. Keep your fingers crossed. :roll:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Really? If the case, I stand corrected :?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hurt knee when he landed head first at Subiaco in collision with DEmpster.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:hurt knee when he landed head first at Subiaco in collision with DEmpster.
That's it! I had completely forgotten about it. It wasn't that long ago too. 3-4 weeks. It just seems like it was ages ago for some reason.
Junction Oval wrote:He looked a little "iffy" at training during the week. Keep your fingers crossed. :roll:
This is where the advantage of having The Sub can really help us out.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

blake's been very good for us in most games this year - but the memory of one bad mistake and the cost of it has obviously overshadowed his efforts since.
hope he does play - very mportant player imo.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:blake's been very good for us in most games this year - but the memory of one bad mistake and the cost of it has obviously overshadowed his efforts since.
+1

howlinwolf
Club Player

Do you reckon McQualter could play in the ruck and help Ben out ?
Maybe they've picked Jason for a specific role.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:Do you reckon McQualter could play in the ruck and help Ben out ?
Yeah, Mini in the ruck would be fantastic. He could charge in and headbutt his opponent in the groin.

I'm actually not particuarly anxious for McQualter to return into the team at this stage.

Thanks for the explanation, but a couple of other posters clarified it for me earlier.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:blake's been very good for us in most games this year - but the memory of one bad mistake and the cost of it has obviously overshadowed his efforts since.
i thought he had a couple of shockers? im not convinced he is good enough to warrant coming straight back in after 4 weeks off.

i dont think the cats will be losing sleep knowing they have a blake/raph backline to contend with.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
i thought he had a couple of shockers? im not convinced he is good enough to warrant coming straight back in after 4 weeks off.

i dont think the cats will be losing sleep knowing they have a blake/raph backline to contend with.
If I recall correctly, and perhaps I don't, he was a bit ordinary early and got sent to Sandy. He then got recalled and was going okay, particularly as relief ruck, when he got hurt in Freo.

That 2nd ruck possie's still a problem so if he's right to go why not bring him back in?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Fail to understand what this thread is about. The guy missed 2 weeks and was good before that. Very confusing.

gosaints
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

If I recall correctly, and perhaps I don't, he was a bit ordinary early and got sent to Sandy. He then got recalled and was going okay, particularly as relief ruck, when he got hurt in Freo.

That 2nd ruck possie's still a problem so if he's right to go why not bring him back in?
He started poorly and his error against the Cats in round 1 killed his confidence.
He was being played as a forward though which just isn't his go. He spent a couple of weeks at Sandy as a result.

He came back into the team against the Crows and didn't do alot but his game the following week against the Blues was quite good and then against the Demons he was very good in the ruck when Kosi got his smack in the head. I though him in the ruck turned the game in our favour.

If fit he had to come in. While Gards is out he is definately our 2nd best ruckman and it's arguable he is our best.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gosaints wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

He started poorly and his error against the Cats in round 1 killed his confidence.
He was being played as a forward though which just isn't his go. He spent a couple of weeks at Sandy as a result.

He came back into the team against the Crows and didn't do alot but his game the following week against the Blues was quite good and then against the Demons he was very good in the ruck when Kosi got his smack in the head. I though him in the ruck turned the game in our favour.

If fit he had to come in. While Gards is out he is definately our 2nd best ruckman and it's arguable he is our best.
Yep Ben is out of form.

gosaints
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gosaints wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yep Ben is out of form.
I love your pisstake posts Plug, keep it up.
Ben is currently in the best form of his career and playing out of his skin.
I just think that prior to the past month it could have been argued that Blake was offering more in the ruck.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Do you reckon McQualter could play in the ruck and help Ben out ?
Yeah, Mini in the ruck would be fantastic. He could charge in and headbutt his opponent in the groin.

I'm actually not particuarly anxious for McQualter to return into the team at this stage.

Thanks for the explanation, but a couple of other posters clarified it for me earlier.
The only time i'd be happy to see Mini play is when or if he's wearing some other clubs jumper.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

blake made a couple of errors we all remember
ok they were errors that had a bad price but gee the bloke has been a rock very reliable over the years

i like the bloke being in the side

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:blake made a couple of errors we all remember
ok they were errors that had a bad price but gee the bloke has been a rock very reliable over the years

Unfortunately now he's not :(

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
matrix wrote:blake made a couple of errors we all remember

Unfortunately now he's not :(
that is a pity, I like the Blake man in the side, just hope Kosi can do something

I love this club