Goddard a HAPPY saint + audio

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CAPTAIN.

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:CAPTAIN.
quoted for perfectness

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
quoted for perfectness
Are we allowed to say it now? :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Lyon said he was happy with the way Goddard responded to questioning yesterday and also insisted he had no problem with his initial comments on the subject.

"I think he was just stating the fact,’’ Lyon said.

"We’re all human at the end of the day. We put ourselves first and our families first, that’s our purpose in life.

"He’s been fantastic for St Kilda. I think all clubs are facing a new paradigm - unrestricted free agency for 10-year players, of which Brendon will be one.

"And it’s like myself: I’m contracted to whatever the end of my tenure is at the end of next year, you’re fully committed to that and then as always both parties … meet and you sign and commit.

"We’ve had Nick (Riewoldt) out of contract, we’ve had (Nick) Dal (Santo) out of contract and Lenny (Hayes) as well.

"We just back our environment in and the mateship and that they’re happy, comfortable and well paid for what they deliver.

"I think if you meet all that criteria not too many leave.’’
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6075585230

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Lyon said he was happy with the way Goddard responded to questioning yesterday and also insisted he had no problem with his initial comments on the subject.

"We’re all human at the end of the day. We put ourselves first and our families first, that’s our purpose in life.

"He’s been fantastic for St Kilda. I think all clubs are facing a new paradigm - unrestricted free agency for 10-year players, of which Brendon will be one.

"And it’s like myself: I’m contracted to whatever the end of my tenure is at the end of next year, you’re fully committed to that and then as always both parties … meet and you sign and commit.

"We’ve had Nick (Riewoldt) out of contract, we’ve had (Nick) Dal (Santo) out of contract and Lenny (Hayes) as well.

"We just back our environment in and the mateship and that they’re happy, comfortable and well paid for what they deliver.

Great response from Ross.

Predictable yes, but well said anyway. Certainly better than Bomber's responses re Gazza :wink:

Behind Play
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Predictable yes, but well said anyway. Certainly better than Bomber's responses re Gazza :wink:
True but Bomber couldn't ask Gazza first.

Behind Play
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

True but Bomber couldn't ask Gazza first.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Yep. Succession plan please.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Simple answer: Extend his contract NOW! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Simple answer: Extend his contract NOW! :lol:
Why would BJ want to do that?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

To cement his future at the club, and to (hopefully) become a premiership player here.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:To cement his future at the club, and to (hopefully) become a premiership player here.
Yep but he has 18 months to go. Surely he would derelict to his family signing now.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

His contract expires at the end of next year. By the start of the 2013 season I reckon he will be our captain and the highest paid player on our list. No reason for him to leave. And I reckon as long as Ross is around we will have that club success that Goddard desires (playing finals and in the hunt for a flag).

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the issue with Ablett was different. Ablett had 2 premiership medals in his arse pocket when he left Geelong for the GC and financial security. BJ has unfinished business with St Kilda (a Flag!) and at 27 going to a club like GWS his chances of achieving a premiership would be decidedly minimised. Just an opinion of course.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I reckon the issue with Ablett was different. Ablett had 2 premiership medals in his arse pocket when he left Geelong for the GC and financial security. BJ has unfinished business with St Kilda (a Flag!) and at 27 going to a club like GWS his chances of achieving a premiership would be decidedly minimised. Just an opinion of course.
His chances after next year are probably exactly the same at both clubs. Nil. So it then gets down to money and loyalty. It will come down to what is more important. At his age money may win out but we shall see some time in the next 12 months.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I reckon the issue with Ablett was different. Ablett had 2 premiership medals in his arse pocket when he left Geelong for the GC and financial security. BJ has unfinished business with St Kilda (a Flag!) and at 27 going to a club like GWS his chances of achieving a premiership would be decidedly minimised. Just an opinion of course.
His chances after next year are probably exactly the same at both clubs. Nil. So it then gets down to money and loyalty. It will come down to what is more important. At his age money may win out but we shall see some time in the next 12 months.
Thank you. :cry:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Even if he wants to remain at teh CLub for life I'm sure his manager will not allow him to extend anything until the Free Agency and new CBA are clarified.

To do so would be great disservice to his client.

Just imagine if the new CBA and Free Agency allows St Kilda to double their salary cap position and Goddard agrees to an extension now at 'x' when he could have gotten 50% more from the Saints?

IMO it's why so many players are singning/ewxtending their contracts all to expire around 2012/2013 - so they can renegotiate when they know what is avaialable under the new terms.

spert
Saintsational Legend

How true- if BJ did go to GWS, then the likelyhood of him ever playing in any more finals or even premiership team would be very slim at his age..I would rather be reasonably well off and have a premiership medal rather than a squillionare footballer who never acheived the ultimate. Ablett jnr did get his premierships and is now enjoying the fruits of his toils.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Why would BJ want to do that?
next time you see him ask him the pros and cons for doing it/not doing it

and didnt he say in a round about way he'd like to see his career out at st kilda??