F YOU SAINTS!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

In 9 years time we will win our 2nd. It will be awarded to us from the 2010 season. The Collingwood blood samples will be tested again,and obviously finally found to be rife with HGH

It will be a hollow premiership.Stkilda supporters will try to sue Collingwood for emotional damage. Maguire takes the leagues decision to court and threatens to pull Collingwood out of the league. The league cave in and award both clubs the 2010 premiership. In 2096 Stkilda will be have known to won 1.5 permierships before relocating to King Island

Bring back the Lockett era
Tiprat44
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Tiprat44 wrote:I can't believe it's even possible a team has only won one premiership in over 100 years
Not hard to believe when you consider how other clubs won there flags with the help of money , for eg Collingwood and Carlton have always been involved with the criminal element and were awash with dirty money whereas the honest teams struggled.
And I wouldn't be too worried about it, you follow your team through thick and thin, it shows character whereas following sides like the above shows that cheating isn't a problem for that sort of person.
or simply they go for those sides because they are up there as opposed to those who will go with the battler, that in itself says a lot about the weakness of some individuals.
So just be happy you are with a great bunch of people instead of the feral flea ridden scum at Collingwood for eg. or the mono browed turkeys at Carlton.

So you see, even though the cabinet is light on we can still hold our heads up .
Yeah I'm proud to be a sainter and always will be. It would just be nice to win a premiership.

"Schneider, here is Hayes belting forward....GODDARD!"
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Totally sympathise with the OP

Ive been to every GF since 1995 ( and a couple before that) and every year we arent in it, I watch the winning teams fans celebrate and think "Oh how I wish that was me" ..Ive seen really raw emotion, grown men crying in 05 and 07 when those flags broke such long droughts, and in 08 when the Hawks were given little chance

I agree..I just want to be that grown man crying sometime before I die :?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Totally sympathise with the OP

Ive been to every GF since 1995 ( and a couple before that) and every year we arent in it, I watch the winning teams fans celebrate and think "Oh how I wish that was me" ..Ive seen really raw emotion, grown men crying in 05 and 07 when those flags broke such long droughts, and in 08 when the Hawks were given little chance

I bet you already have 3 times.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I will only cry if we win one.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I will only cry if we win one.

A better man than me.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: F YOU SAINTS!

cam@saintsradio wrote:I am currently in Dallas, Texas and have just been in a capacity filled bar witnessing the Dallas Mavericks win their first ever Championship in the NBA.
After celebrating hard with all the die hards, I broke down in tears in front of my Texan wife, because all I want, is to experience this with my team. She doesn't really get it (she's trying) but forum, I know you do.

Plase give me my premiership. I'm not greedy, I just want one in my lifetime. Please.

Cam.
Hang in there mate :)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Wow, I gotta say, you're quite the glutton for punishment. I have never attended a GF which didn't involve the Saints and possibly never will. Watching other teams in the flesh, basking in all their glory would make just make me feel too envious. It's bad enough watching that crap on the television.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:

Wow, I gotta say, you're quite the glutton for punishment. I have never attended a GF which didn't involve the Saints and possibly never will. Watching other teams in the flesh, basking in all their glory would make just make me feel too envious. It's bad enough watching that crap on the television.
It is a great day. i have attended 20 of the last 22 and try not to miss. Much easier to have a bit of fun when your side isnt playing. We get to the car park at about 9am and then go in around 1pm.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:... We get to the car park at about 9am and then go in around 1pm.
I never drink alcohol on GF day and I never arrive at my seat until 2.30pm. I like to enjoy the moment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:... We get to the car park at about 9am and then go in around 1pm.
I never drink alcohol on GF day and I never arrive at my seat until 2.30pm. I like to enjoy the moment.
Well we are all different. I didnt drink at all before the Saints GF but I do with all the others.

asaint
Club Player

I am like you. Call me a sook if you like but knocking on the door since 2004 with nothing to show has taken the joy out of footy for me. Now all I think about is how I must come to terms with not winning one. I am entitled to feel miserable,I do not know when I wil see my saints win a cup.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Tiprat take a look at the English soccer championship.....there are HEAPS of clubs that have NEVER won ONE premiership..Birmingham City for one, Newcastle have not won the premiership since the twenties! Wolves 52 years since a flag! Tottenham 51 years West Ham NEVER!
These are well supported and popular clubs whose followers are loyal and true. Like ourselves!!!!! :lol:
I support this club because I LOVE it do I want a flag? DAMN STRAIGHT!! will I jump-off if we don't get one? NO CHANCE!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Much easier to have a bit of fun when your side isnt playing.
This is quite true, actually. I guess I have forgotten because it hasn't been since 2008 that we weren't in a GF. Mind you, I was still feeling sour from the week before. I don't think GF's a much fun if your team bowed out in one of the prelims. We can ask any Footscray fans about their feelings on that.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Tiprat take a look at the English soccer championship.....there are HEAPS of clubs that have NEVER won ONE premiership..Birmingham City for one, Newcastle have not won the premiership since the twenties! Wolves 52 years since a flag! Tottenham 51 years West Ham NEVER!
These are well supported and popular clubs whose followers are loyal and true. Like ourselves!!!!! :lol:
I support this club because I LOVE it do I want a flag? DAMN STRAIGHT!! will I jump-off if we don't get one? NO CHANCE!!!!!!
I'm with you 100% Jiggster :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Tiprat take a look at the English soccer championship.....there are HEAPS of clubs that have NEVER won ONE premiership..Birmingham City for one, Newcastle have not won the premiership since the twenties! Wolves 52 years since a flag! Tottenham 51 years West Ham NEVER!
I'm with you 100% Jiggster :wink:
Yeah, I also like Jiggster's analogy with the EPL.

All those clubs like West Ham seem to be prouder than honeymooner's wangs, even though they never win the Premiership and are always embroiled in getting relegated and then back into dogfight of having to be promoted.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Well we are all different. I didnt drink at all before the Saints GF but I do with all the others.
I wasn't going too drink before the 09 one,but the nerves got me and I had quite a few if not a lot. When we got 3 in 2 minutes just before halftime I had Nicky Winmar in a bear hug and punching him with joy...oh dear :?

Bring back the Lockett era
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I remember being in Geelong on the wednesday before the 2007 GF and seeing all the bunting and feeling the atmosphere of excitement in the town, I was envious and wished it were me enjoying the moment! In 2009 I'd never been so hyped-up in my life and the whole occasion has gone into my memory as one of the most unforgettable days in my life (even allowing for the pain!) Would I go through it again? YES! (pain and all!)
Ask any bulldogs supporter how gutted they felt after ANOTHER prelim loss! YES it hurts to lose in the big one, but I'll keep risking my heart being broken for the CHANCE of a flag......EVERY DAMN TIME!!!!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I remember being in Geelong on the wednesday before the 2007 GF and seeing all the bunting and feeling the atmosphere of excitement in the town, I was envious and wished it were me enjoying the moment! In 2009 I'd never been so hyped-up in my life and the whole occasion has gone into my memory as one of the most unforgettable days in my life (even allowing for the pain!) Would I go through it again? YES! (pain and all!)
Ask any bulldogs supporter how gutted they felt after ANOTHER prelim loss! YES it hurts to lose in the big one, but I'll keep risking my heart being broken for the CHANCE of a flag......EVERY DAMN TIME!!!!!!
I moved to Geelong in mid 2009 Jiggster so I know exactly what you're on about :(

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Every GF that we qualify for contains the risk that we could lose. I'm more than prepared to risk having my heart broken for the chance of feeling my heart SOAR!!!!
GO SAINTS!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Every GF that we qualify for contains the risk that we could lose. I'm more than prepared to risk having my heart broken for the cahnce of feeling it SOAR!!!!
GO SAINTS!!!
Exactly.

Most people would think that if we somehow snuck through this year we'd get smashed by whoever our opponent would be.

But unfortunately you have to get to the GF to have any hope of winning one. And you have to be prepared to lose another one if you ever hope to win another one.

There's just no escaping reality.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I remember being in Geelong on the wednesday before the 2007 GF and seeing all the bunting and feeling the atmosphere of excitement in the town, I was envious and wished it were me enjoying the moment! In 2009 I'd never been so hyped-up in my life and the whole occasion has gone into my memory as one of the most unforgettable days in my life (even allowing for the pain!) Would I go through it again? YES! (pain and all!)
I moved to Geelong in mid 2009 Jiggster so I know exactly what you're on about :(
Oh Jeez, that's the tough situation to be in, Doc.

In my neighbourhood, it's mainly Hawthorn supporters. Nice and quiet after Saturday night :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Winning a premiership will be nice but it won't really change our lives. at the end of the day we just pledge allegiance to a tribe that we have no real control over. You get it and it is just a pat on the back for all the hard supportin' you did. I have Carlton supporters in my family that got the glory years, but they were like a little fat kid that ate chockies for every meal, they got used to having them and when the diet came they were f***ed. I got through the 80s and 90 at school when Barker and Lockett were the rays of hope. I miss the days of promise as much as I feel the need for a premiership. That said when you have been on a diet your whole life that f****** chocolate will taste good.

I don't need silver ware to feel respect for what the people at the saints have achieved in recent years. We were a basket case club with no real future, but somehow we climbed up into the AFL era and have flourished where clubs with more silverware have floundered. Saints are a street smart club from dwelling in the alleyways of football history and we will get our next premiership with this core and coach.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gringo! What a BRILLIANT post!!!!!! :lol: makes me proud (and grateful) to be a Sainter :D
GO SAINTS!!!!!

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I have followed the saints since I moved out to Australia from the East End of London in 1981. I have been to a number of GFs in my time here, all three of the saints ones (four if you include the replay) and a few purely neutral. Before moving out here I supported and still hold a candle for the Hammers in England again a club with little or no success. But there in lies the rub, I would sooner support the underdog than the perpetual winner. It is easy to support a side that wins constantly. I remember Manchester United and Liverpool supporters while I was growing up asking me how could I support a team that never won anything and I always thought to myself that I pitied them.

Some people live their life vicariously through their football team and treat their teams successes as their successes. It is a team to me, my worth as a human being is not linked in any way to how my team is performing. I feel sorry for anybody that needs to clasp onto anyone elses success as validation to their own existence.

Following a sporting team for me is about passion and even more so extremes of passion. For how can you really enjoy the giddy heights unless you have experienced the demoralising lows. I look forward to the day when we win one and my heart soars with the eagles but that feeling is only fleeting and then it is back to the daily grind.

Football is there to offer you respite from life not to define it.