Stkilda vs Footscray match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintpeter wrote:web site is playing up...hard to connect
yep

not sure who is worse

saints this quarter, umpires of this website

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

You reckon we will score in the last?

#1 Ryder fan
saintpeter
Club Player

every second time I try to update or post I get an error message..this explains lack of posting maybe

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

What would you prefer draft picks or 4 points?

#1 Ryder fan
Solar
Saintsational Legend

edger gets a hard ball get, ball ends up with BJ who bounces three time and gives us a goal!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintpeter
Club Player

understand not much available in the draft

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Goddard GOAL!

Saints by 16 at the 15.53 minute mark.

saintpeter
Club Player

Ledger has been on for about 3 mins and already three disposals...give the kid a full game

saintpeter
Club Player

odds on the dogs just dropped from 12.50 to 3.55? Some foll with a lot of money?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Goal to Baker, then Goal to Ledger.

Saints home.

24 points up at the 28 minute mark.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

made hard work of it. got to learn how to go the jugular like collingwood does

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Game over

#1 Ryder fan
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Final Margin - 24 points.

Scoreboard has a bit of a 2009/10 look about it. But dare I say the game itself didn't!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We've so got the Dog's cooked in the head. We're to them what Essendon is to us.

Solid enough win. Gilbo had a tough old night but solid pretty much everywhere else I thought.
Last edited by Thinline on Fri 10 Jun 2011 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Middo
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:Raph ok

Gram back to the twos

Raph is finished , Gram only good now as a depth player , Gilbert absolutely pathetic tonight was watching his efforts and he was walking. Gamble I think tried hard and got in some dangerous positions but must take his chances.Baker on his last legs and Rooey out of form but works hard.. Hmmm still good enough for the Doggies !!! :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:

Gram back to the twos

Raph is finished , Gram only good now as a depth player , Gilbert absolutely pathetic tonight was watching his efforts and he was walking. Gamble I think tried hard and got in some dangerous positions but must take his chances.Baker on his last legs and Rooey out of form but works hard.. Hmmm still good enough for the Doggies !!! :wink:
I thought Raph was a 6 out of 10 or so. Competed hard. Was what he is now. A decent call up when needed.

Gram was something similar. There or thereabouts but not quite.

Gamble did some really nice stuff I thought. Should have kicked that set shot from thirty tho. That's what he's there for. He can't afford to miss chances.

Baker shut a danger man out completely and kicked a goal. Was his best game in a long time. That's a big wrong for you IMO.

Gilbert had a couple of horror patches the worst of which was when the game was at it's hottest so his game seems worse than just the quiet one it was. Played as if hampered in some way I thought. Maybe it was just one of those Gilbo off nights.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

a lot of crap players tonight - they had more.
bakes was fine!
only 3 pages? bakes' goal is worth one on its own!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
noreason41
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Middo wrote:

Gram back to the twos

I thought Raph was a 6 out of 10 or so. Competed hard. Was what he is now. A decent call up when needed.

Gamble did some really nice stuff I thought. Should have kicked that set shot from thirty tho. That's what he's there for. He can't afford to miss chances.

Baker shut a danger man out completely and kicked a goal. Was his best game in a long time. That's a big wrong for you IMO.

Gilbert had a couple of horror patches the worst of which was when the game was at it's hottest so his game seems worse than just the quiet one it was. Played as if hampered in some way I thought. Maybe it was just one of those Gilbo off nights.
6/10 ....
Really?

He cost us at least 4 direct goals tonight, from either; high tackle, push in the back, handballing to someone with a man on them, or a high kick turnover.

Gram...
Well, the guy is a squib. Doesn't go in hard, doesn't even put his body behind it. Had possessions, didn't do anything good with them, and didn't earn enough of them.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

1st thread . 4th post
We've so got the Dog's cooked in the head. We're to them what Essendon is to us.
Word.

rg did alright.

but it's not quite tanking though.
close.

bye all.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
noreason41
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Middo wrote:

Gram back to the twos

6/10 ....
Really?

He cost us at least 4 direct goals tonight, from either; high tackle, push in the back, handballing to someone with a man on them, or a high kick turnover.

Gram...
Well, the guy is a squib. Doesn't go in hard, doesn't even put his body behind it. Had possessions, didn't do anything good with them, and didn't earn enough of them.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Clarke was solid tonight 1 free was a bad decision from the ump. noreason settle down and actually watch the match without clarker hatred glasses on, he will retain his spot, gram is a shadow of what he was thou.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Clarke was solid tonight 1 free was a bad decision from the ump. noreason settle down and actually watch the match without clarker hatred glasses on, he will retain his spot, gram is a shadow of what he was thou.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Clarke was solid tonight 1 free was a bad decision from the ump. noreason settle down and actually watch the match without clarker hatred glasses on, he will retain his spot, gram is a shadow of what he was thou.
Agreed. And agree Clarke 6/10...that Picken decision was woeful, almost as bad as the 'evener' advantage call (the WORST decision I have ever seen...possibly even worse than Monty deliberate and 'Buddy's Arc').

Gram, will he be back in next week? He shouldn't be, but you never know with him lately. I believe the Cats will punish his terrible disposal.

noreason41
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:Clarke was solid tonight 1 free was a bad decision from the ump. noreason settle down and actually watch the match without clarker hatred glasses on, he will retain his spot, gram is a shadow of what he was thou.
I don't think we had a lot of players who were 'solid' tonight, and clarke wasn't among them.

Our play was so stagnant, when we went forward barely anyone moved. Numerous times a player was kicking from half back flank, and only one or two players would fill the wing he was on, their were big groups of players just standing still near each other.

It was abhorrent, and Clarke did nothing to help with his role. Gwilt was solid as usual, and Fisher was just amazing player around the ground. Armitage did some nice things, and Steven was prominent, but we had virtually 0 run.

Clarke didn't do much running.

noreason41
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Agreed. And agree Clarke 6/10...that Picken decision was woeful, almost as bad as the 'evener' advantage call (the WORST decision I have ever seen...possibly even worse than Monty deliberate and 'Buddy's Arc').

Gram, will he be back in next week? He shouldn't be, but you never know with him lately. I believe the Cats will punish his terrible disposal.
Agree, with the 'evener' advantage call. Was amazing because it was so obvious, but that advantage call in itself was god-awful.