collingwood/thomas to contest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

How do people see this relating to the Trengove suspension... Which was taken to the tribunal, then appealed, but upheld...

Personally, I think Daisy's hit was 10 times worse... Clearly intentional, with the ball not in the contest, with the player unaware and unable to brace for contact to the head...

Incidently, I felt Trengove deserved 1 week, as the tackle was excessive, however to be deemed 3 times worse than Daisy's strike is a joke...

I know they are different incidents, falling under different catagories, but just looking at each act and comparing, the results are insane...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Thomas says he clenched his fist when making the sweeping motion with his hand because he thought that would enable him to get more force behind the ball as he tried to knock it on.
Mark Macgugan: Tribunal counsel Jeff Gleeson SC now questioning Thomas. Suggesting Thomas' eyes weren't looking in the direction of the ball when he made the sweeping motion. Thomas disagrees.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:i no longer follow afl - i only follow st kilda!

i cannot abide the bias and inequity. the rigged draws, the money before fairness agenda, the pure hypocrisy, the constant rule changes, the bulls*** politicalisation of the sport.

i boycott any game not involving the saints. i boycott all footy shows.
i don't buy any merchandise that isn't saints merchandise.
i would suggest all footy fans that want change do the same - hit their revenue stream - it's all they care about.

personally i'd prefer the afl dies and the victorian clubs go back to the vfl instead of what we have now.
Luckily for most of us people arent like you and the game is thriving.
right on cue plugger. had your response in my head as i wrote - almost word for word. but you don't speak for most of us so it isn't lucky for most of us. i would say most of us want the afl to change. you don't seem to give a rats about fairness in sport. and you're an umpire? or a stirrer? or an apologist for the powerful?
if you'd participated in milgram's experiment you'd be asking 'where's 11?'

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seems that the cut to JC lip had nothing to do with the hit so no wonder it was low impact. But at least people commenting had all the facts.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Seems that the cut to JC lip had nothing to do with the hit so no wonder it was low impact. But at least people commenting had all the facts.
where did you get that info, the punch looks pretty significant to me?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mark Macgugan: Thomas testimony finished. Jeff Gleeson SC tribunal counsel now summing up. Says Thomas might not have had a clear view of the ball, but did have a clear view of Jones' had, and would have known he was going to strike Jones' head by making the sweeping motion of his arm. Therefore it's an 'intentional' strike.

Mark Macgugan: Josh Wilson SC now summing up for Thomas. Says it's a case of recklessness, not an intentional strike. Says Thomas was looking down and swept his arm in the direction he thought the ball was in. Says if it was deliberate, Thomas' eyes would have been aimed squarely at Jones' head.
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 07 Jun 2011 6:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

i cannot abide the bias and inequity. the rigged draws, the money before fairness agenda, the pure hypocrisy, the constant rule changes, the bulls*** politicalisation of the sport.

i would suggest all footy fans that want change do the same - hit their revenue stream - it's all they care about.

personally i'd prefer the afl dies and the victorian clubs go back to the vfl instead of what we have now.
right on cue plugger. had your response in my head as i wrote - almost word for word. but you don't speak for most of us so it isn't lucky for most of us. i would say most of us want the afl to change. you don't seem to give a rats about fairness in sport. and you're an umpire? or a stirrer? or an apologist for the powerful?
Well most dont think like you because the crowds and ratings tell us that. There are people who whinge but still love the game. There are faults but not like other sports. Sorry that I love the game and think it is well run with a few mistakes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Seems that the cut to JC lip had nothing to do with the hit so no wonder it was low impact. But at least people commenting had all the facts.
The saints Doctor. Surely he isnt employed by the pies as well.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
cut lip or not, you have already agreed that the punch deserved a suspension…

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Daisy was just cleaning up what he believed was heading toward racist comment before they left CJs mouth, charges dropped and CJ in racist slur controversy and forced to apologise to Mick Malthouse for being old.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
Totally agree and he got his right whack so to speak, 2 weeks downgraded to one. I hope they keep it at one but who knows, the pies employ the best solicitors so they may get it downgraded to one week reduced to none.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
Your telling me a club has never helped out another one before.... come on!

Keep living in fantasy land.... lalalala

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
Your telling me a club has never helped out another one before.... come on!

Keep living in fantasy land.... lalalala
Why would the doctor lie. They arent trying to get low impact downgraded. And no I have no proof of a doctor lying to a tribunal under the current system. Can you give me the cases when they have?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The only reason no tribunal system will ever work in the AFL is because they won't allow precedence.

And why is that? Simply because it means that can't pick and choose the rulings as they please.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
Totally agree and he got his right whack so to speak, 2 weeks downgraded to one. I hope they keep it at one but who knows, the pies employ the best solicitors so they may get it downgraded to one week reduced to none.
exactly.

And case in point together with them being able to send 4 boys off to the US of A midseason as to the need of a more comprehensive Salary Cap.

We may as well just scrap the cap completely and make it like the Premier League in the UK.

The poorer teams are right royally rooted now.

The Kangas will go nowhere, and we will head that way too if our membership numbers fall off next season.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mark Macgugan: (From afl.com.au):
Juzzy, yes tribunal can take into account Thomas' clean record when considering whether he intentionally struck his opponent. He will also still receive the discount to his demerit points for his clean record, regardless of whether he is successful in arguing he was 'reckless' (not 'intentional') or not.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
exactly.

And case in point together with them being able to send 4 boys off to the US of A midseason as to the need of a more comprehensive Salary Cap.

We may as well just scrap the cap completely and make it like the Premier League in the UK.

The poorer teams are right royally rooted now.

The Kangas will go nowhere, and we will head that way too if our membership numbers fall off next season.
That is rubbish. What is the point of getting more members than other clubs if they have a salary cap on all the footy department. It is up to other sides to work out a way of getting more income otherwise the AFL may as well just give every club 30 million and say do your best. Bad luck if you have 70k members compared to another having 20k.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

charge sticks as is.

Bad luck Daisy, now piss off!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Macgugan: Tribunal is satisfied that the conduct was intentional, as assessed by the MRP. The level three offence stands. With deduction for his good record the offence is worth 168.75 points and he's out for a week.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
dragit
Saintsational Legend

melbourne will do the pies this week… they match up pretty well anyway, what was last year a draw and a 1 point loss?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well most dont think like you because the crowds and ratings tell us that. There are people who whinge but still love the game. There are faults but not like other sports. Sorry that I love the game and think it is well run with a few mistakes.
apology accepted. i love footy. i don't like the afl.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

apology accepted. i love footy. i don't like the afl.
Sorry but I didnt apologise. I love AFL footy so I totally disagree with you. Also love the Ammos footy.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

good for footy...Collingwood moving to Adalaide to amalgamate with the struggling port Power would be better but still thankful for any small mercies. 8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

Tribunal takes one look at the replay and decides Thomas the Tank Pick is yet another Collingwood LIAR.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Tribunal takes one look at the replay and decides Thomas the Tank Pick is yet another Collingwood LIAR.
Good pick up.

Malthouse
McGuire
Didak
Thomas
Proven liars.