McGuire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:are the press going to pick up on the fact that the filth cheer squad call jimmy g ....golliwog....

ffs ...how low can you go.....wish the scum press would grow some balls.....

wonder what a couple of collingwood players think of that..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
F*** it.
I just sent an email to Footy Classified and asked whether they've got the courage to 'take Eddie on' or are they all 'conflicted by association'?

good on you mate...i really mean that....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:are the press going to pick up on the fact that the filth cheer squad call jimmy g ....golliwog....

wonder what a couple of collingwood players think of that..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
F*** it.
I just sent an email to Footy Classified and asked whether they've got the courage to 'take Eddie on' or are they all 'conflicted by association'?
Let us know if you get any kind of response.
I'd be surprised if you do.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just watched george negus......and feel sick

His senior coach was able to taunt a player in the opposition, and get away with it.....and the taunts were defamitory, unfounded.....and he then lied about it

A supporter has a go at an ex-con......yes, he was convicted of a crime....and he has a sook.... He is a club official, and should carry himself as such, like his senior coach.....a lesson dean laidly learned the hard way...

But i suppose, if the senior coach and president are not able to carry themselves with any dignity....what are their supporters gonna do

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

F*** it.
Well done!! I sent one to Eddie via MMM and also On the Couch - I am sure nothing will come of it but it made me feel like I was doing my bit for the truth. Mrs not the Mr

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
stinger
Saintsational Legend

fat'ed has just brought himself a ton of trouble ......and of a kind we will never forget...or forgive....turd that he is..... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :evil:

NoMore
Club Player

i didn't see what happened on goerge negus
can someone explain it

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

i pinched this off BF. Worth a look in regards to the hypocrisies of Jabba the hut.

Image[/QUOTE]

stinger
Saintsational Legend

@HSVKing i dont think you can clearly hear what she was saying i thought she was screaming 'f****** maggots' and i can assure you that eddie would be taking her membership if he was sitting near her.
elchubenibre 22 minutes ago

That woman doesn't represent Eddie McGuire, you spud c***s. 
agbugger 15 hours ago

classy collingwood fans, as always

brentkimm32 1 day ago

whatta legend
AFLmegafan 4 months ago

View all Comments »
Suggestions

...that our mod...???

:roll:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 06 Jun 2011 9:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Did you really need to say c***.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah
should really read what you cut n paste huh
:roll:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Haven't read the whole thread.

Eddie has acknowledged it wasn't a racist comment.

He has indicated that it may have had racist undertones.

the st kilda supporter had a comment about krakour's past prison and assault charges.

apparently nominating facts is bad, calling players who haven't been charged rapists is ok.

apparently collingwood supporters were calling milne a rapist which didn't upset eddie at all.

Hypocrites.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

well said Dan

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Haven't read the whole thread.

Eddie has acknowledged it wasn't a racist comment.

He has indicated that it may have had racist undertones.

the st kilda supporter had a comment about krakour's past prison and assault charges.

apparently nominating facts is bad, calling players who haven't been charged rapists is ok.

apparently collingwood supporters were calling milne a rapist which didn't upset eddie at all.

Hypocrites.
That's correct Dan, the thing that worries me the most is how a media mogul like Eddie, and let's not kid ourselves ,thats what he is, can have a crack at someone in the crowd and it not only holds weight but reverberates all over sending all the wrong messages.
Why didn't Eddie simply say there was nothing in it from the start? ????

My slant on that is.. apart from the fact he finds it hard to differentiate between being a Pres as well as a high profile media person and a normal football supporter is that he is probably trying to somehow distance himself and his club from the horrid racist past it is well known for.
Well Eddie keep giving us the ammunition ... you and your club are a nasty piece of work.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

eddie was caught out losing his cool when collingwood were in a bit of trouble.

he used his power to request the saints fan be evicted.

he then accused the saints player of racism to cover his temper tantrum.

frankly i abuse didak for mateship with gangsters and murderers, I also did the same abuse to Carey, who was a character witness for the morans.

Im happy to put the boot in there, and I think its fair game.

fair game when its fact and proven.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Behind Play
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:i pinched this off BF. Worth a look in regards to the hypocrisies of Jabba the hut.

[/quote]

Can we not get a copy of this to the AFL, especially with what just happened over the week end at Portmelbourne.
Very disturbing to have to hear comments like this in 2011.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Typical self righteous arsehole. Always trying to justifying himself

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

This is where some of the Anti Racism crusaders, for all their good intentions, go too far.

From what we can tell, the comments made on Saturday night made no reference to race. But apparently, because they related to crime, Eddie could sense racial undertones.

His outburst has now swept across the country. Try googling and you will see articles in media across the land basically lauding Eddie for taking a stand against racist fans.

I look at the Milne situation. It all dates back to early 2004 and as everyone on here knows, no charges have ever been laid. Yet Milne, and to a lesser extent Joey, has had to put up with all kinds of insults, taunts and allegations for 7 years. And as we know, some of that has even come from officials of the game.

Does anyone seriously believe that if Milne had been indigenous, instead of a sickly pale white man, that this would have been allowed to happen? The Malthouse incident aside, the ongoing abuse has never made it into the media.

I honestly believe that if Milne had been indigenous then there would have been a huge outcry well before this, from the media, from Social Commentators and from Politicians federal and state. There would have been cries of racial undertones (i.e. people are implying he did commit the rape because we all know aboriginals are rapists etc).

No one, regardless of their race or background, deserves to put up with what Milne has had to put up with. But because of HIS skin colour, no one seems to give a stuff.

It’s reverse racism IMO, and it simply isn’t good enough. :evil:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok, so it seems this is either a MMM ratings grab for Edwardo, or maybe he'll use it to weed out half his cheer squad, that either are on parole or have escaped recently.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Just as well Milne apologised to Mick Malthouse so he wasn't upset about being called old. It meant Mick could admit to calling Milne a r***** and not really have to say sorry.

If I was the guy who had been alleged to have made "racist overtones" or what ever it is that Eddie has tried to claim, I would be looking at a defamation payout and a public apology. It is completely unfounded to suggest that anything said was "racist".

Garry Lyon last night went on his little crusade saying people should be banned from saying "these kind of things" at the footy. Gee I'd like to see them police people making smart arse comments in the outer. I think these guys are in the corporate areas too much.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Just as well Milne apologised to Mick Malthouse so he wasn't upset about being called old. It meant Mick could admit to calling Milne a r***** and not really have to say sorry.

If I was the guy who had been alleged to have made "racist overtones" or what ever it is that Eddie has tried to claim, I would be looking at a defamation payout and a public apology. It is completely unfounded to suggest that anything said was "racist".

Garry Lyon last night went on his little crusade saying people should be banned from saying "these kind of things" at the footy. Gee I'd like to see them police people making smart arse comments in the outer. I think these guys are in the corporate areas too much.
I lost some respect for Garry Lyon last night on Footy Classified.
He had an oportunity to show some leadership and failed miserably.
He 'toed the Eddie party line' and refused to concede that Eddie had done anything wrong.

Hutchy was pretty 'quiet' on the matter as well.

Seemingly only GT is unafraid of the 'clout' that Eddie can wield - good on him for stating the bleeding obvious.

And the obvious results of not standing up to Eddie is what we get from Susie O'Brien in today;s HUN.
The story is spun so that Eddie was right, 'because he obviously believed it was racial villifivation'.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Just watched george negus......and feel sick

His senior coach was able to taunt a player in the opposition, and get away with it.....and the taunts were defamitory, unfounded.....and he then lied about it

A supporter has a go at an ex-con......yes, he was convicted of a crime....and he has a sook.... He is a club official, and should carry himself as such, like his senior coach.....a lesson dean laidly learned the hard way...

But i suppose, if the senior coach and president are not able to carry themselves with any dignity....what are their supporters gonna do
'Circumstances make strange bedfellows'

On this occasion I agree 100% with this post.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
gringo wrote:Just as well Milne apologised to Mick Malthouse so he wasn't upset about being called old. It meant Mick could admit to calling Milne a r***** and not really have to say sorry.

He 'toed the Eddie party line' and refused to concede that Eddie had done anything wrong.

Seemingly only GT is unafraid of the 'clout' that Eddie can wield - good on him for stating the bleeding obvious.

And the obvious results of not standing up to Eddie is what we get from Susie O'Brien in today;s HUN.
The story is spun so that Eddie was right, 'because he obviously believed it was racial villifivation'.
They're afraid of him, because he never forgives or forgets, and he always squares up... and in short, because of the sort of temperament that was on display for all to see.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Did you expect any different though MM?

Garry got his job on the footy show through Eddie, he is compromised.

I agree some behaviour at the footy needs to change, you probably wouldn't get many people arguing that.

I also agree with Eddie, that racism is unacceptable.

TELEVISION personality Eddie McGuire has apologised for calling western Sydney the "land of the falafel'' but has labelled the political backlash as a "beat-up''.

Mr McGuire is under fire for making the comment on his Triple M breakfast show on this morning, when he said Greater Western Sydney Giants recruits would soon get tired of living in the area.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 6004402416

dragit
Saintsational Legend

This incident encapsulates everything I hate about the pies…
They refuse to be held accountable for any wrong-doing, but demand justice at the slightest defamatory remark towards themselves…
The football world is so obsessed with the money that comes with this freak-show that every single year they are awarded EVERY marquee fixture…
The media will not even report against their president because he has so much power… If Westaway stood up and 'threatened' to evict a Collingwood supporter, the media would be all over him and us.
I'm happy to admit that not everything I yell out at the football is kosher, but it's not for some bloated f-wit to moralize me, call the security if someone is really out of line.
If every supporter that hurled 'personal' insults was tossed out, then the Collingwood crowd would instantly halve at any StKilda game. We have been putting up with this crap for years now including from their head coach, so to suddenly say 'it's unacceptable' makes me… (insert evil collingwood wish here)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:This incident encapsulates everything I hate about the pies…
They refuse to be held accountable for any wrong-doing, but demand justice at the slightest defamatory remark towards themselves…
The football world is so obsessed with the money that comes with this freak-show that every single year they are awarded EVERY marquee fixture…
The media will not even report against their president because he has so much power… If Westaway stood up and 'threatened' to evict a Collingwood supporter, the media would be all over him and us.
I'm happy to admit that not everything I yell out at the football is kosher, but it's not for some bloated f-wit to moralize me, call the security if someone is really out of line.
If every supporter that hurled 'personal' insults was tossed out, then the Collingwood crowd would instantly halve at any StKilda game. We have been putting up with this crap for years now including from their head coach, so to suddenly say 'it's unacceptable' makes me… (insert evil collingwood wish here)
Nearly all the media have said Eddie was wrong. Do you want him to be jailed?