Zac Dawson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
The Sainter wrote:Why does he keep getting a game? We must start trying someone else there for god's sake. We would have been in front at half time only for him. It is getting beyond a joke now Ross, you only have to read the comments here. Most of us here are fair minded supporters but enough is enough, if he gets selected next week then I will have lost complete faith in your judgment as it will be a complete idiotic selection and if so then you are treating us as fools.
Goood...dont bloody turn up if he gets a game next week...

Treating us as fools eh?? I think this post has proved that you are without doubt

Have an opinion but dont just spout rubbish
+1

stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I've been a supporter of Zac over the last thee years, but there is one thing about his game that I hate and I reckon it cost him tonight. Before the game even started, he came down to take Travis Cloke and started the elbowing and whacking. This is moronic stuff. If you can't win the ball fairly, leave the game. All that happens is that he risks giving away a free or gets a double confidence whack if he is subsequently beaten in a contest - which happened about five times tonight. The moment a player takes his concentration off the ball and focuses on his opponent he is beaten. He needs to remove this part of his game pronto - and go for the ball - and do weights 23 hours a day.

yep...it just annoyed cloke who told him to f*** off....he's about as tough and menacing as your average little sister.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

stinger wrote:
The Sainter wrote:Why does he keep getting a game? We must start trying someone else there for god's sake. We would have been in front at half time only for him. It is getting beyond a joke now Ross, you only have to read the comments here. Most of us here are fair minded supporters but enough is enough, if he gets selected next week then I will have lost complete faith in your judgment as it will be a complete idiotic selection and if so then you are treating us as fools.
well...we would have been in front at half time only for cheating umpires who gifted the last two goals of the second quarter to the filth.........bj did not throw the ball.....and polo marked it.....two goals from those efforts ...maggot assists should show up on team stats..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:
Don't forget the Swan "in the back" one at the start of the 2nd. Thus, all Collingwood's goals in the 2nd came from dodgy umpiring.

*I didn't see a replay of the BJ one, will take your word for it.

The Saints are coming!
starsign
Club Player

I know the stocks are low for tall defenders but he should have stayed in the VFL after his last pathetic suspension
Last night was the final straw for me with regards to him in our side
Pity now Cloke didn't kick straighter
Get him out of there

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope all supporters from every club are the same otherwise it is embarrassing. Zac and Armo this week. Who is next game? I people have a go at the media for changing their mind weekly.

kaos theory
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I hope all supporters from every club are the same otherwise it is embarrassing. Zac and Armo this week. Who is next game? I people have a go at the media for changing their mind weekly.
agreed.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood have three very big forwards that can all mark well. We only have Zac as that kind of old school stand your man defender. Fisher, Gilbert etc. are given a bit more of the runner,creator type role. Simpkin went off leaving us further stretched by their talls and we got goals piled on. The ball spent too much time in their forward half putting extra pressure on us. We fell down because we had no one capable of pulling in a mark in our forward line. Kosi would have helped as he could have possibly contested in the air, but we need to practice exactly what the pies do pass lace out in front to the leading player, NO ONE can defend that. We either sit it on Roos head or blaze from 70 meters and hope it dribbles through.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Do people actually watch our mids or it does it down back because we are just unlucky.
English please.
He struggles to make sense doesnt he?

Odd.
If our forwards had the same delivery Reid etc would probably struggle to.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Mind you, Cloke would look pretty ordinary in most other teams. We really needed to recruit a couple of bigger bodied backs a few years ago. Zac is under a lot of pressure with the pathetic efforts of our midfield causing the ball to continually be pounded down back (their forward line)by the opposition

ando051
Club Player

saint66au wrote:OK you bunch of football genuises

I knew there'd be a Zac thread ASAP after the game..

Who else would you have played on Cloke.. Simpkin? Bakes?

We need Gwilt ( who played very well but was outbodied by Dawes twice that I saw) and Chips to be our rebounders, cant afford to have them purely as a KPP stopper

We had noone else, our defence is light and underbodied right now

Tommy Walsh would of done a better job on Cloke tonight at least he jumps. Why does every time Zac gets the ball he looks for a handball,(3 kicks 10 handball last night) he has got a pretty good left foot to use.

We did miss Blake last night, with Cloke, L.Brown and Dawes they were just to tall.

ando051
Club Player

We need Gwilt ( who played very well but was outbodied by Dawes twice that I saw) and Chips to be our rebounders, cant afford to have them purely as a KPP stopper

Tommy Walsh would of done a better job on Cloke tonight at least he jumps. Why does every time Zac gets the ball he looks for a handball,(3 kicks 10 handball last night) he has got a pretty good left foot to use.

We did miss Blake last night, with Cloke, L.Brown and Dawes they were just to tall.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:

Have you seen Walsh play?

ando051
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ando051 wrote:

Seen Sandy twice this year and going again today, the games i have seen, Walsh has done well, He has a good size about him and is great at spoiling. He is a good decision maker but his disposal needs a lot of work. He is only 23 where Zac is 25 and i can see Tommy improving, i can not see that coming from Zac as a FB

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ando051 wrote:

Seen Sandy twice this year and going again today, the games i have seen, Walsh has done well, He has a good size about him and is great at spoiling. He is a good decision maker but his disposal needs a lot of work. He is only 23 where Zac is 25 and i can see Tommy improving, i can not see that coming from Zac as a FB
Does Tommy play on very good AFL players each week? Maybe one that would be AA at the moment.

ando051
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ando051 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ando051 wrote:

I don't think Zac was playing on him either, most of the time he was 6 metres behind Cloke. Tommy will get the job on Fev today we will see how he goes.

Does Tommy play on very good AFL players each week? Maybe one that would be AA at the moment.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He was humiliated

ando051
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ando051 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ando051 wrote:

I don't think Zac played on him either, most of the time he was 6 metre behind Cloke. Tommy will play on Fev today we will see how he goes.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I think Zac is very much a confidence player and his form since becoming a Saint has been a roller coaster.

09 - Great form for the majority of the home and away season, fell flat just before the finals.

10 - Horrible form for the majority of the home and away season, improved dramatically in time for the finals.

11 - So far, his form isn't terrible, just very average.

Bad management is bad management
saint tash
Club Player

When Zac tries to employ the tough guy image and intimidate and man handle his opponent I think this distracts him from his game.

He needs to just focus on what he needs to do and elminate the antics from his game and might make the world of difference.

Just a thought.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Imagine if we could get Roo isolated one-on-one with anybody as much as Collingwood did Cloke on Dawson. I though Dawson held up pretty well. Cloke had to earn pretty much everything he got. There aren't many defenders who would have shut down cloke the way he was playing last night.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Forget the zac bashing, the problem with the saints defence is we don't have anyone who is strong enough to play on opposition power forwards, since max retired every team we play with strong forwards like cloke are always able to take at least 6 contested marks in their forward 50 , last night there was 27 contested mark for the match with almost half being inside their 50, whilst we had hardly any in ours. Next weeks game against the dogs should be better for us , as the dogs wont have hall and unless lake plays forward , shouldn't have the big power forward they'll to expose our defence, and if our midfield beat theirs then will win

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
well...we would have been in front at half time only for cheating umpires who gifted the last two goals of the second quarter to the filth.........bj did not throw the ball.....and polo marked it.....two goals from those efforts ...maggot assists should show up on team stats..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:
Spot on.

Bloody McLaren or whatever that bald pricks name is

Another opportunity awaits!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i am a big fan of zac but he got toweled up last night. hes no longer a young player. needs to do more gym work and get on some protein powder quick smart. doesnt seem to change body shape after several pre seasons which worries me a bit.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

How did Mayne go against him last week, and the Melb match :shock:
Does need to shaft that push and shove at the start, and bulk up if possible

Stand your ground :shock:
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I just never EVER feel safe when the ball is flying toward an opposition forward in our fifty and Dawson is the guy I pin my hopes on of stopping/eliminating the threat. Simple as that! I have little confidence in him. However, IF we were to get another BIG SOLID fullback there with him, who knows?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)