Finally, the AFL fix the nab cup!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
stevie wrote:No, I left because the novelty of living there wore off. It was a great place in the 80's, even with the heat and humidity.
But too many people moved there and it became too much like a city instead of a big country town
You're the first person I've heard that has said that and that has moved from Cairns to the Gold Coast. Usually they move to Cooktown or Weipa.

Where do you go to wrestle crocs and nuts down there?
Cavill Avenue seemed a likely location last time I was up that way :!:
More chance of wrestling dragons on Cavill Ave these days. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Your Freshwater CM , isnt far from Redlynch. That place has been decimated by development.
We used to love going up the Cascades then back to the Red hat for a beer.

Now it's as busy as Bourke St

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Your Freshwater CM , isnt far from Redlynch. That place has been decimated by development.
We used to love going up the Cascades then back to the Red hat for a beer.

Now it's as busy as Bourke St
Yeah it certainly has changed in the 20 years I've been here. Redlynch though is still beaut country side for most parts. Especially on the hill slopes. Those concrete Lego block things they jam in tight on subdivides made up of 400sqm or less parcels and roads that are only 6m wide. Hey but I've just described most subdivisions throughout the country. You can blame the snot nosed town planners that live in the big smoke from Melbourne and Sydney for that. You know the type the ones that wear sleek designer optometry and drink cafe from glasses neatly wrapped in a linen cloth.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Are you involved in footy up there, CM?

I played 110 senior games with Souths Balaclava, who are now South Cairns Cutters. Played in afew rep teams as well.

It was a good comp to play in, as there were some top players amongst the clubs, guys who would travel to Cairns each season. You go out on the turps and run into opposition players and end up getting blind with them.
One of my best mates played for Centrals - we hit it off as he was a Saints fan - his old man played for them in the 50's (Harold Davies).

When Harold died in 2002, the first home game the next year, I flew down to Melbourne with him and his family. The Saints wore armbands for him and other ex players who had died in the off season.

That was Rd 2 of 2003 - the bous beat Adelaide at the Dome. I remember Gtrain playing at full back on Carey, the young Roo running rampant on a wing. We were 50 pts up but the Crows came back but we hung on to win by 9 points. Awesome experience and naturaly I was s*** faced and got asked to leave Crown later that night!