Gilbo & GWS - mitigation strategy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo & GWS - mitigation strategy

I hope we have learnt from the Luke Ball episode.

I hope that if Gilbo is going to GWS then we should maximise our return for him. I sure hope this means we rig the B & F voting to pump him into the top 5 to improve our compo in the draft.

Headline:

"Surpise as Gilbert finishes in Saints B & F top 5"

longtimesaint
Club Player

The last time he was interviewed he said he was very happy at the saints and not wish to move.

One year will be our year
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

longtimesaint wrote:The last time he was interviewed he said he was very happy at the saints and not wish to move.
Would you expect him to say he was totally pissed off and couldn't wait to see the back of the place?

Money changes everything.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

This year's B&F will go.......

1. Kosi
2. Gilbert
3. McQualter
4. Clarke
5. Eddy

Congrats to the guys above. Good luck with your future endeavors.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

IS he going?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo's not the one. I'd be more worried about Goddard.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Who runs out of contract at the end of this year?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Who runs out of contract at the end of this year?
Channel 10.

busso mick
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:Who runs out of contract at the end of this year?
Channel 10.
I'll pay that P66 :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bj's not going anywhere....and despite what some posters say....money is not f****** everything....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo is definitely the biggest concern... If Goddard is going anywhere it wont be at the end of this season, it will be at the end of the next, it would be a gamble for GWS to make a deal with Goddard two years before they pick him up.

I must agree though if Gilbert is going we must have him finish second in the best and fairest, I really don't like the idea of tainting our best and fairest trophy but we need to get a first rounder for him.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Gilbo is definitely the biggest concern... If Goddard is going anywhere it wont be at the end of this season, it will be at the end of the next, it would be a gamble for GWS to make a deal with Goddard two years before they pick him up.

I must agree though if Gilbert is going we must have him finish second in the best and fairest, I really don't like the idea of tainting our best and fairest trophy but we need to get a first rounder for him.
Surely the guy who started this thread was joking as hopefully you are. As if they are to completely rig a B&F just to get a better pick especially as the money they are contracted for is part of the deal as well.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

dcstkfc wrote:Gilbo's not the one. I'd be more worried about Goddard.
Goddard is signed until the end of 2012.

Gilbert signed until end of 2011 back in 2009, but was he one of the guys last year that signed extensions? http://www.saints.com.au/News/NewsArtic ... fault.aspx

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Gilbo's not the one. I'd be more worried about Goddard.
Goddard is signed until the end of 2012.

Gilbert signed until end of 2011 back in 2009, but was he one of the guys last year that signed extensions? http://www.saints.com.au/News/NewsArtic ... fault.aspx
"…and signed on at least until the end of 2011."
surely it is either the end of 2011 or another year?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 5923299863
St Kilda have confirmed the bulk re-signing of 14 players, most of which had already been made public.

Nick Dal Santo is tied up until the end of 2013, Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Jason Gram, Adam Schneider, James Gwilt, Leigh Montagna and Brendon Goddard until 2012 and Jason Blake and Steven Baker for 2011.

Youngsters Ben McEvoy, Rhys Stanley, Jack Steven and Alistair Smith have also signed new deals.

So makes it Baker, Blake, Gilbert that we know off. Didnt Armitage only sign a 1 year deal?

Issue could be next year as GWS can get out of contract players in 2011 & 2012

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Where is the sugestions that bj is going to be traded coming from, that would be madness, I can understand that there could be rumors about Gilbo after the preseason nonsense, but I don't want h going anywhere either

I love this club
Megsie
Club Player

BJ will be our next captain.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:IS he going?
I genuinely have no idea. I just said IF he goes.

I do know he has not signed with us for 2012. So you know...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Gilbo is definitely the biggest concern... If Goddard is going anywhere it wont be at the end of this season, it will be at the end of the next, it would be a gamble for GWS to make a deal with Goddard two years before they pick him up.

Surely the guy who started this thread was joking as hopefully you are. As if they are to completely rig a B&F just to get a better pick especially as the money they are contracted for is part of the deal as well.

How predictable plugger potting me. You probably also supported our stance getting nothing for Ball in the name of some abstract concept that Ive already forgotten?

Im dead serious. We know the rules and we know the system and yes we should bend it to suit ourselves. Thats the point of the thread. That there is no room for taking the moral high ground as it gets you nowhere in footy.
We took the moral high ground on Ball and for what end?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How predictable plugger potting me. You probably also supported our stance getting nothing for Ball in the name of some abstract concept that Ive already forgotten?

Im dead serious. We know the rules and we know the system and yes we should bend it to suit ourselves. Thats the point of the thread. That there is no room for taking the moral high ground as it gets you nowhere in footy.
I didnt support getting nothing for Ball. Stupid if you ask me but that is completely different to what you are saying. You are saying stuff other players who have contracts based on where they finish in the B&F and give Gilbo a pay rise by cheating and making him come top 5 in the B&F. Why not just make him win it. If you are going to say stuff the players you may as well go the whole way. There is such thing as integrity. And yes I have potted you for this because I obviously thought it was joke. Who wouldnt. And I potted you for also thinking we could lose every game this year and then magically win the flag next year. Luckily the club didnt see it your way in the last 2 weeks.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 30 May 2011 8:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Bend the BnF count. Oh God :roll: :roll: :roll: Football nutters at its finest.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

My God you actually ARE serious :shock:

Don't worry about the integrity of our B&F and what it actually means to place in it - to the players, and our supporters.

Come on Con, has it really come to this? As a club are we really that desperate? Maybe we should see about bribing the AA selectors as well, that's pretty coveted. hmmmm how are we going to get to those pesky umpires though and rig the brownlow? :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

It seems like just yesterday people were calling for Gilbo's immediate resignation on account of being stoopid.

Oh what a solid fortnight can do...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have a novel idea re Gilbo;

If we decide we want to keep him on our list beyond 2011 how about we go about convincing him that his future is with us !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah thunda
i reckon armo signed for a year