Will Johnson & Arryn Siposs... Our Key?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintingIN

Will Johnson & Arryn Siposs... Our Key?

These boys have really come out of knowwhere... Johnson who i support through sandringham drafted as a key defender at pick 77 in last years draft is now a power forward and Siposs as a likely forward who was kicking bags of goals in the suburban leagues at pick 75... Did they both slip under the radar?
Been watching Siposs who went in for Johnson and he is performing very well. Johnson coming back from injury played very well against boxhill and werribee... thoughts on these to up and coming kids....?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Good point, the only thing i would add onto that is that Sippos is the most natural kick i have seen! and that the only problem with big Will is his kicking.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Will is kicking bags at sandy, just needs to get a bit more of it at AFL level, same with Siposs. Once those two have 25 games or so the nerves will ease and they should take off. Will was a mature age recruit, so didn't slip under the radar, more just matured later. There are some gems at lower levels for various reasons, I know a guy who plays at the Caulfield Bears who missed TAC cup with a collar bone, (his dad played at collingwood) and because he missed the TAC he was up against it. Now his life has moved in a different direction and afl is off the cards. He is still a really good player, just won't get a go at the big league, and there are thousands of others like him.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Will is kicking bags at sandy, just needs to get a bit more of it at AFL level, same with Siposs. Once those two have 25 games or so the nerves will ease and they should take off. Will was a mature age recruit, so didn't slip under the radar, more just matured later. There are some gems at lower levels for various reasons, I know a guy who plays at the Caulfield Bears who missed TAC cup with a collar bone, (his dad played at collingwood) and because he missed the TAC he was up against it. Now his life has moved in a different direction and afl is off the cards. He is still a really good player, just won't get a go at the big league, and there are thousands of others like him.
"thousands"?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think you would find thousands of guys who had played football only to miss spot in the TAC cup maybe not all afl standard, but once you miss that system you are up against ever getting drafted. Not saying there are thousands to choose from but Gwilt and Andrew Thompson are both guys from outside even the vfl or interstates that have gone on, how many more are out there?