Weather Forcast Perth Sat 28th May

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Weather Forcast Perth Sat 28th May

Fremantle v
St Kilda

PS - Sat May 28, 1:10pm

Saturday Sunny. Min 8 Max 24

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

shyte that is too warm for our boys IMO.

Especially with a 1.10pm local time start.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:shyte that is too warm for our boys IMO.
Not now we're training in the sunny seaside village of Seaford :)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Note to the team managers - don't forget the Ice Vests. :roll: :roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

FFS 24 is hardly hot. In fact it's damn near perfect! I'd reckon they'd be stoked!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:FFS 24 is hardly hot. In fact it's damn near perfect! I'd reckon they'd be stoked!
Correct, it gives everyone a chance to play well. Much better than the alternative.

If blokes can't run out a game in 24 degrees at this stage of the season the fitness team would need to take a good hard look at themselves!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Thinline wrote:FFS 24 is hardly hot. In fact it's damn near perfect! I'd reckon they'd be stoked!
Correct, it gives everyone a chance to play well. Much better than the alternative.

If blokes can't run out a game in 24 degrees at this stage of the season the fitness team would need to take a good hard look at themselves!
I don't think it's that they can't run it out as such, it's that the Perth boys won't even notice it - whereas our guys will.

So there's an advantage there.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I don't think it's that they can't run it out as such, it's that the Perth boys won't even notice it - whereas our guys will.

Dry and 24.

Not humid and 30.

Come on. We're not that precious are we?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Dry and 24.

Not humid and 30.

Umm, in case you are not aware or live elsewhere, it has been about 15 to 17 degrees and either damp or cloudy for pretty much the whole of May here in Melbourne.

A fair difference to 24 and sunny!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Dry and 24.

Not humid and 30.

Umm, in case you are not aware or live elsewhere, it has been about 15 to 17 degrees and either damp or cloudy for pretty much the whole of May here in Melbourne.

All the more reason to celebrate the trip west then!

24 isn't hot.

It's PRIME.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Dry and 24.

Not humid and 30.

24 isn't hot.

It's PRIME.
Not hot as such, but enough to lose a hell of a lot more fluid than they would be training in 16 degrees.

So it will impact their bodies more than it will guys that train the same conditions as they'll be playing in.

So it's an advantage definitely.

Kris1
Club Player

It was 22c in the sun at ES last saturday!

No excuses.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Who will forget the Brisbane Bears beating us at Waverley in minus 2 degrees and hail the size of golf balls?

If the players are good enough weather won't be a factor.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Cmon now, you reckon it doesn't get cool in Perth?

It's not 24 every day in Perth. If the Saints get tired due to the "heat" then it's a fair chance Freo will be too. This thread is so ridiculous!

Dry and 24.

Not humid and 30.

If blokes can't run out a game in 24 degrees at this stage of the season the fitness team would need to take a good hard look at themselves! Make some other bulls*** up cos this one doesn't cut it!

Another opportunity awaits!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Who will forget the Brisbane Bears beating us at Waverley in minus 2 degrees and hail the size of golf balls?

If the players are good enough weather won't be a factor.
It doesn't mean we can't win.

But it's definitely an advantage.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote: If blokes can't run out a game in 24 degrees at this stage of the season the fitness team would need to take a good hard look at themselves! Make some other bulls*** up cos this one doesn't cut it!
It's all about fluid loss.

A player can lose around 5% of their body weight during a game. If you ever get towards the 10% mark, it gets dangerous and your body can't function properly.

So fitness isn't really the issue. It's hydration that's the factor.

Due to the training environments of the two teams, Fremantle players won't have a sudden increase in fluid loss on the day compared to their normal training or fortnightly games.
Our guys will.

If you're an on-baller and you've lost 8kgs of fluid by the last quarter, and your opponent has lost 4 - he has an advantage.
It doesn't mean you can't beat him on ability, but it certainly means he has an edge in fitness.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Dry and 24.

Not humid and 30.

You weren't at the Melbourne game last Saturday? It was 22 and sunny at Docklands.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:

24 isn't hot.

It's PRIME.
I don't think anyone's suggesting that 24 deg is "hot", I mean we generally get 3-4 days between 40-45deg every summer (Black Saturday got up to 48*- we were apparently the hottest place on Earth that day), and they train in 24-40deg weather all summer, but lately it's been about 15 deg and they reckon it's noticeably colder in Seaford, so their bodies will have adjusted to that sort of temp.
It's more about what your body is used to, not whether it's "hot" or not. It's all relative and has to be put into perspective.
I imagine they will certainly notice a difference if it's 24deg, but they'll have a day to get used to it and if they got through last week in 22deg, they will hopefully not be too badly affected.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I was at Jihad on Saturday and yes it was 21 degrees.

But 1pm Perth Vs 2pm Melbourne means a much higher sub angle.

Perth is 6 degrees North of Melbourne, add in an hour earlier start and Sun is close to 15 degrees higher. That is a biggie!

The temp in full Sun could well be high twenties tomorrow.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

To those who are saying 24 is nothing...

I'm assuming you haven't played footy for a while.

IMO the hotter it is the greater the advantage it is to Freo.

RL need to add "and whatever temprature " to his win any time any place motto.

St Michele
Club Player

What you need to know aob ut Perth though is at this time of the year it gets to that temperature at aobut 3pm it is not that heat all day, it will probably be a lot cooler.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I was at Jihad on Saturday and yes it was 21 degrees.

Perth is 6 degrees North of Melbourne, add in an hour earlier start and Sun is close to 15 degrees higher. That is a biggie!

Trying to justify your argument. It might stay over 20 degrees for about an hour. It shouldn't affect them, in fact if the Saints players get hot you can bet the Freo players will be also. That evens itself out. If St.Kilda loses it's because they weren't good enough on the day not because it was 24 degrees. Get a grip!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:

Trying to justify your argument. It might stay over 20 degrees for about an hour. It shouldn't affect them, in fact if the Saints players get hot you can bet the Freo players will be also. That evens itself out. If St.Kilda loses it's because they weren't good enough on the day not be

cause it was 24 degrees. Get a grip!
I have a firm grip thx.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Moccha wrote:

Trying to justify your argument. It might stay over 20 degrees for about an hour. It shouldn't affect them, in fact if the Saints players get hot you can bet the Freo players will be also. That evens itself out. If St.Kilda loses it's because they weren't good enough on the day not be

cause it was 24 degrees. Get a grip!
I have a firm grip thx.
You need to loosen the grip slighty

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's just right Moccha!