Sponsorship Function - Absolute Crap

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:[ROFL.

You have swallowed the Club's PR hook line and sinker Bratty.

Try doing the arithmetic on production costs instead of hyper-inflated retail.

How much would I get on ebay for say a signed photo of Sam Crocker?
welll done GO on letting the club know- they are not going to know with out someone actually putting the information down clearly and concisely.

- have you recieved one of the memorabilia pieces before? checked out the size?- I have had pieces framed and it can cost anything from $200- last years and presvious years ( not 2009) where quite large pieces.

as stated above you keep quoting $1,000 the cost per ticket/ seat was $130- take away the $40 for seat on level 2 and the food/ room cost was $80-$90.

I listed the items included to show how the value is there

maybe a check of other clubs will put some perspective into it.
check the comparison
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/members ... fault.aspx

or carlton
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/guernsey%20 ... fault.aspx

or Richmond
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/portals/0/ ... %20(E).pdf

it really is personal choice
- if you wish to be just a football follwer then attending is enough
if you wish to commit to a team then membership each year is the choice
if you wish to partake of some of the extras- then player sponsorship is one way to go..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:once more these clowns have to play the man and not the issue itself...

i put money into the saintsational sponsorship fund to ..well...sponsor players....i don't do it to get a free lunch....last thing from my mind.....this year i won two tickets for one of my $15.00 shares.....if the actual cost of the reserved seat on level two and the lunch itself came out at 70 to 80 bucks a ticket ...then i'm still miles in front....

...if anybody sponsors a player hoping to to get their money back in freebies, then thy need to take a backward step and a deep breath.....it ain't going to happen...
Not sure I said anything about you but if you want me to I can.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:once more these clowns have to play the man and not the issue itself...

i put money into the saintsational sponsorship fund to ..well...sponsor players....i don't do it to get a free lunch....last thing from my mind.....this year i won two tickets for one of my $15.00 shares.....if the actual cost of the reserved seat on level two and the lunch itself came out at 70 to 80 bucks a ticket ...then i'm still miles in front....

...if anybody sponsors a player hoping to to get their money back in freebies, then thy need to take a backward step and a deep breath.....it ain't going to happen...
Typical Lawyer double-speak...... and a cheap Lawyer at that.

I'm not talking a $15 raffle.

I cannot believe how miserly you are for one who professes to love the Saints and has assets up the wazoo and is on a lawyers wage.

I paid over 100 times that, and not on a flash salary either.

I paid that knowing full well I would never get my money back in free lunches or other freebies. I paid that because I love the club and wish to support a particular player. I paid that of my own free will, separate to the SS Sponsorship.

All I ask is that myself and my guests are not treated like we stepped in something in the dog enclosure, and given some consideration and courtesy for what to everyone but you Stinger is a not inconsiderable sum.

Go peddle your demented ramblings somewhere else old son, you are not worth the last drop of piss on the end of my dick.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:[ROFL.

You have swallowed the Club's PR hook line and sinker Bratty.

Try doing the arithmetic on production costs instead of hyper-inflated retail.

How much would I get on ebay for say a signed photo of Sam Crocker?
welll done GO on letting the club know- they are not going to know with out someone actually putting the information down clearly and concisely.

- have you recieved one of the memorabilia pieces before? checked out the size?- I have had pieces framed and it can cost anything from $200- last years and presvious years ( not 2009) where quite large pieces.

as stated above you keep quoting $1,000 the cost per ticket/ seat was $130- take away the $40 for seat on level 2 and the food/ room cost was $80-$90.

I listed the items included to show how the value is there

maybe a check of other clubs will put some perspective into it.
check the comparison
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/members ... fault.aspx

or carlton
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/guernsey%20 ... fault.aspx

or Richmond
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/portals/0/ ... %20(E).pdf

it really is personal choice
- if you wish to be just a football follwer then attending is enough
if you wish to commit to a team then membership each year is the choice
if you wish to partake of some of the extras- then player sponsorship is one way to go..

well said bratty....as usual... :wink: :wink: :wink:

although i don't know why you would try to reason with the bogan riff raff..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: i put money into the saintsational sponsorship fund to ..well...sponsor players....i don't do it to get a free lunch....last thing from my mind.....this year i won two tickets for one of my $15.00 shares.....if the actual cost of the reserved seat on level two and the lunch itself came out at 70 to 80 bucks a ticket ...then i'm still miles in front....

Pretty much agree completely with this :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i sponsor Milne, not for the freebies or level 2 seats etc, but because i know 100% of the money is going to the club, and i love milney.

plus i usually drink my money back at the B&F so its a win win situation all round.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
stinger wrote: i put money into the saintsational sponsorship fund to ..well...sponsor players....i don't do it to get a free lunch....last thing from my mind.....this year i won two tickets for one of my $15.00 shares.....if the actual cost of the reserved seat on level two and the lunch itself came out at 70 to 80 bucks a ticket ...then i'm still miles in front....

+1

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

thanks mate...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
saint66au wrote:

+1

and you too.....sanity prevails... :wink: 8-)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

That's not to say the club couldn't do more though.

Interestingly I found my most enjoyable hands-on experience with the club to have been when I went down to Seaford in February. Completely free other than the petrol. http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... en&start=0

I've been to a few functions, and whilst some have been a bit averae, generally just being there and knowing that you're supporting the club gives you adequate satisfaction.

If you want to have an authentic club experience outside match-day, organise a trip to the Heritage Museum, Georgie Day is a legend and will give you plenty of time of day (no pun intended).

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
matrix
Saintsational Legend

mehhhh
clubs in it for the cash
simple

they dont care about you grumps

asiu
Saintsational Legend

they don't care about you grumps
AND ... this is where the club has their head screwed on the wrong way.

... preaching long term but acting short term is a conflict of intent.

Intent , is everything.
OBVIOUSLY.

it's not hard.
:roll:

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:mehhhh
clubs in it for the cash
simple

they dont care about you grumps
Dead right.

They don't realise that the little kid scrambling around their feet to get an autograph is probably a future company director who will say where his company's sponsorship dollars go.

What is he going to remember?

Going to his grandfather's club functions where he got f***-all, or his dad's Carlton functions where he got a mini-footy signed by the whole team.

They just do not get it.

Idiots and PR Morons. :cry:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Dead right.

They don't realise that the little kid scrambling around their feet to get an autograph is probably a future company director who will say where his company's sponsorship dollars go.

Going to his grandfather's club functions where he got f***-all, or his dad's Carlton functions where he got a mini-footy signed by the whole team.

They just do not get it.

can you explain the Carlton Function and it's context?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Dead right.

They just do not get it.

can you explain the Carlton Function and it's context?
Don't know a lot about it to be honest, as for family harmony we have both agreed not to discuss each others allegiencies, but my grandson tells me it is in the room we call the Robert Harvey Room, two course meal, much the same format: compere, player interviews etc.

But that is not the point........ how much extra would it cost for a couple of pieces of signed memorabilia on each table?....... Something the kids (and some adults too) could take home and treasure. A signed $2 football would be all it takes. $300, and ten minutes of each players time would have catered for the whole room!

My Grandson tells me that the best part of the day was meeting Gilbert McAdam at the lift entrance, getting his autograph and finding out they were both #5.

It only takes a little thought and less money to turn an average event into something a kid will remember for the rest of his life.

The club should get a clue.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that would be fun....not......dividing up a couple of pieces of memorabilia between twelve prefect strangers.....

...lets face it g o....you were born to whinge...can't help it...in your genes....so to speak....

...why would anyone be surprised.... :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.. dividing up a couple of pieces of memorabilia between twelve prefect strangers
yea , but its for the kids of the strangers
(if they cant get there shite together over footy and kids ... well , give the **** up)

one 'piece' for each pair of strangers makes the job easier and the future brighter ... surely

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:that would be fun....not......dividing up a couple of pieces of memorabilia between twelve prefect strangers.....

...lets face it g o....you were born to whinge...can't help it...in your genes....so to speak....

Thank you for elightening me Stinger.

To think I have gone through six decades of life assuming nothing approaches perfection.

Then I encounter you.

The perfect d**khead.

Of course there would be enough for everyone on the table, unless of course you were organising the function, you dessicated lump of donkey droppings, sitting back there in all your lawyer wealth and income, professing your love for the Saints but contributing no more in sponsorship than some of our unemployed young SS sponsorship contributors.

Tighter than a goldfish's arse, thats what you are.

Go chase another ambulance and extort some money out of the victim. Wouldn't put it past you to prise open some coffin lid, and manipulate the corpse's hand into signing off their estate to you.

You are so low that if lawyers screwed dogs, you'd be salivating over a miniature poodle.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:that would be fun....not......dividing up a couple of pieces of memorabilia between twelve prefect strangers.....

Thank you for elightening me Stinger.

To think I have gone through six decades of life assuming nothing approaches perfection.

Then I encounter you.

The perfect d**khead.

Of course there would be enough for everyone on the table, unless of course you were organising the function, you dessicated lump of donkey droppings, sitting back there in all your lawyer wealth and income, professing your love for the Saints but contributing no more in sponsorship than some of our unemployed young SS sponsorship contributors.

Tighter than a goldfish's arse, thats what you are.

Go chase another ambulance and extort some money out of the victim. Wouldn't put it past you to prise open some coffin lid, and manipulate the corpse's hand into signing off their estate to you.

You are so low that if lawyers screwed dogs, you'd be salivating over a miniature poodle.

...sticks and stones....sticks and stones.....you wanna watch that temper...might bring you undone....i know plenty of cranky whinging old sods from the motherland... :roll: :roll: not unusual to get themselves involved in litigation....usually with the neighbours.......but you're one i have no intention of ever meeting.....you might have the certifcate....but not the breeding....true blue aussies see more to life than simply whinging all the time.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :wink: 8-) :D

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

at the very least ... you two are talking to each other.

thank god i'm an optimist

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote::)

nah...finished now...think i will report his abuse to the mods.....be glad to see the back of him... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
gazrat wrote::)

nah...finished now...think i will report his abuse to the mods.....be glad to see the back of him... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That would sum you up perfectly. Sound like the big tough man but then act like a 5 year old kid. And I thought old cleaners could take anything. Maybe you were sacked from your job.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Before the mods spoil our entertainment, plugs, Stinger and GO, please get a room.

May I suggest near where GO lives in Cranny, its cheaper there, cause it's all about getting a deal eh???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Before the mods spoil our entertainment, plugs, Stinger and GO, please get a room.

May I suggest near where GO lives in Cranny, its cheaper there, cause it's all about getting a deal eh???
I have a couple of rooms at my house. And I have memorabilia as well and could put on a 3 course dinner. Cost $120 plus GST.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Before the mods spoil our entertainment, plugs, Stinger and GO, please get a room.

i resent that.....i was mainly posting on the subject until g o came in with his nasty comments...which i actually find highly amusing.....the other creep i just ignore.... :roll: :evil: