Half-time push & shove

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kate
Club Player

Half-time push & shove

I was on the other side of the ground. Does anyone know what sparked it this time? It seems to be becoming a regular event.

georgie girl
Club Player

Re: Half-time push & shove

Kate wrote:I was on the other side of the ground. Does anyone know what sparked it this time? It seems to be becoming a regular event.
They showed it on Before the Game. Nathan Jones went over and gave Milne a hefty elbow as Milne was bending over doing his shoelaces or something similar. Milney must have seen him coming at the last minute and grabbed his leg and pushed him away. They asked him why he did that to Milney and he said bc he had a good first quarter but wasn't so good in the second, and Jones had wanted to 'spark' things up a bit. Sounded like an idiot. Hope they at least hit him with a fine!

goddardisgod
Club Player

Jones being a twat.

Milney was a cunning twat.

BRAWL!!!!!!!!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Milney should say he was tending to his injured foot and trying to make his way off the ground. 1 week suspension to jones :shock:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Half-time push & shove

georgie girl wrote:
Kate wrote:I was on the other side of the ground. Does anyone know what sparked it this time? It seems to be becoming a regular event.
They showed it on Before the Game. Nathan Jones went over and gave Milne a hefty elbow as Milne was bending over doing his shoelaces or something similar. Milney must have seen him coming at the last minute and grabbed his leg and pushed him away. They asked him why he did that to Milney and he said bc he had a good first quarter but wasn't so good in the second, and Jones had wanted to 'spark' things up a bit. Sounded like an idiot. Hope they at least hit him with a fine!
http://one.com.au/video.htm?movideo_m=1 ... ame!Before the Game

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Jones may get looked at, didn't someone get looked at for knocking Barry over when he was doing up his shoe?

georgie girl
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Jones may get looked at, didn't someone get looked at for knocking Barry over when he was doing up his shoe?
Someone had a go at Sam Gilbert too later in the game. He was either injured or more likely suffering from cramp and when he was stretching, someone came up and bumped him. Not much in it but I am sure if the roles were reversed they would find something.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

That didn't stop the idiot Melbourne supporter behind me using it as an excuse to getting into our captain, who basically came to defend young Nick Winmar who found himself being roughed up by Baldy Jones.

Mind you about twelve Saints players had already got into before Nick turned up to show the flag, but it didn't stop the idiot behind me saying a smart arsed comment, so even though we were in the Medallion Club for the day, it didn't stop me from correcting the idiot.

St Lenny
Club Player

Was it Jones that threw Winmar into the ground on his sore shoulder. Surely thats not in the "spirit of the game". Or it wasnt when Joey did it.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

St Lenny wrote:Was it Jones that threw Winmar into the ground on his sore shoulder. Surely thats not in the "spirit of the game". Or it wasnt when Joey did it.
Stefan Martin. I was in row C aisle 15 tight in front of the interchange bench. Saw the whole melee clear as day. Great seats by the way.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Was it Jones that threw Winmar into the ground on his sore shoulder. Surely thats not in the "spirit of the game". Or it wasnt when Joey did it.
Stefan Martin. I was in row C aisle 15 tight in front of the interchange bench. Saw the whole melee clear as day. Great seats by the way.
Surely Martin should have been aware that Winmar was sore and in some way incapacitated and therefore was obliged to exercise something more than the usual duty of care to protect Winmar from further pain/discomfort.

That is, after all, what the AFL wants.

Martin - 1 week.

Therein the ridiculousness of things...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'