Lyon still confused

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:depends how u lose.
Pretty sure West Coast finished bottom last year and are "turning it on" now. So hardly Disneyland.
Pretty sure they wont finish top 4 though and secondly they are on the up. 2nd, last and again top 4 will not happen. Maybe not Disneyland, more like Dreamworld.
wet n wild? i love that place.

ok ill fall in line with you blokes.

Lyon is the best coach in the world
He is all knowing, all seeing and always right
The end

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Pretty sure West Coast finished bottom last year and are "turning it on" now. So hardly Disneyland.
Pretty sure they wont finish top 4 though and secondly they are on the up. 2nd, last and again top 4 will not happen. Maybe not Disneyland, more like Dreamworld.

The end
I dont know who you blokes are because I certainly have never thought that about RL.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Im disappointed Archer wasn't recalled to play the 2nd ruck position Blake will be used in..

Between Archer and Stanley, there is no point in Blake being in the side from this point onwards...

He won't play key defence anymore (if he were picked for that, I'd prefer to see Lynch in a defensive running role, or Simpkin), and as a ruck he has no upside at all...

I just dont see the point in playing him... Archer has his limitations and critics, but he competes very hard, and his upside may well be fast tracked at AFL level...

So, in that, I pretty much agree with the OP....

Ross is trying to be bold and create change, with one eye still on the past... I don't think he has yet acknowledged that his way didnt work, and he must move with the times...

That stubborness is hard to shake...

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

You've got to be careful though. Young guys in their first year at the club (or even their 2nd) can't be taught that getting games is simple.

Some of them may be bludging for all we know. They can't get games if that was to be the case.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I think that this week's team is about "balance."
The Club and supporters are desperate for a win, the team leaders want a win. It's our best opportunity to win, so pick a potentially winning team, irrespective of "new opportunities" to try - the next 4 weeks will be very tough!

On McEvoy, I have a feeling that he is being rested for the next 4 big games. Melbourne has no rucks to speak of. His rucking form is down (to put it lightly), yet he has done reasonably well around the ground.

On Gram, the players live in each others pockets and are very close. To think of telling a guy this early, that he will be traded, would be "suicide" to team morale.

The penny has dropped with Ross about new blood. With 14 games to go after this week, there is plenty of time to give the young guys a go - 3-4 consecutive matches needed each IMO, to see what they can deliver.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Not unheard of in the modern era...
Melbourne 1998 - 4th
Melbourne 1999 - 14th/16
Melbourne 2000 - 3rd (and a Grand Final appearance)
Melbourne 2001 - 11th/16

Collingwood 2003 - 2nd (and a Grand Final appearance)
Collingwood 2004 - 13th/16
Collingwood 2005 - 15th/16
Collingwood 2006 - 5th
Granted that was over two years but they were cruelled with injuries at that time.

Port Adelaide 2004 - 1st
Port Adelaide 2005 - 8th
Port Adelaide 2006 - 12th/16
Port Adelaide 2005 - 2nd

It can be done.

saint58
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:The other side to giving our list cloggers games is to see if they can play some games that look atractive to other clubs and maintain some trade value.
you guys have to be joking me.
if you think blake and peake will keep us competive, help us win games or even more funny be potenial trade bait. well im not sure i need keep arguing against such nonsense.
I could not agree more clarke is another one.I said the same thing to dermy on sen this morning.About smith who has been playing really well for Sandy the last couple of weeks, but only got a few games in the seniors.

And stanley he has been playing well for sandy as well but the dont rate him,they rate blake a better ruck man the stanley.

I carnt see us win the flag with blake clarke peake but i can with the other guys stanley is very versatile and he brings balance to our side either in the ruck or as a forward.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:The other side to giving our list cloggers games is to see if they can play some games that look atractive to other clubs and maintain some trade value.
So we know there list cloggers but a professional club would know that?
Well numb nuts if I was a club on the cusp of a premiership I'd pick up one of our list cloggers because of the fact they have come from our club; the club has just shown some professionalism by playing off in the past two GFs. It's like red or black on the roulette table isn't it.
Well then maybe they arent list cloggers. Be interested to who think are list cloggers and what their trade value is. Do you honestly think Blake and Peake have any value at all outside our side?
Blake has none. Peake could have some(ish). Gram and Dalsanto could be great bait. If BJ doesn't get a hurry up then he'll be worth less than both of those.
Your posts add no value to this site.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
if you think blake and peake will keep us competive, help us win games or even more funny be potenial trade bait. well im not sure i need keep arguing against such nonsense.
I could not agree more clarke is another one.I said the same thing to dermy on sen this morning.About smith who has been playing really well for Sandy the last couple of weeks, but only got a few games in the seniors.

And stanley he has been playing well for sandy as well but the dont rate him,they rate blake a better ruck man the stanley.

I carnt see us win the flag with blake clarke peake but i can with the other guys stanley is very versatile and he brings balance to our side either in the ruck or as a forward.
So what else is said at selection committee meetings?
You obviously are privy to the conversations and know all the inside information.

Or are you just another one of the many who view things from the outside adn make categorical statements based on zero actual knowledge.

I'm pretty sure that Smith didn't play at all 2 weeks ago after being dropped/rested? from the seniors?

As for not winning a premiership with Clarke, BLake and Peake you are correct -but only because of an errant bounce and some wayward kicking at goal.

What would you have been posting if the footy had bounced straight or we's slotted a couple of those misses?

It's an absolute nonsense that I keep reading on here - no Club can field an All Australian equivalent team.
The salary cap ensures you must have a number of GOP players in our team.
You (and others) keep bemoaning our bottom 6 as if they were/are an 'infectious disease' on our team when in fact they all played a role in our side over the past 3 years which saw us desperately unlucky to lose 2 premierships. MAybe the game has now passed some of them by, but the disrespect hurled at these players is disgraceful (IMO).

Similarly at the people in charge who have been in charge whilst we had the opportunity to play off for the last 2 premierships.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well numb nuts if I was a club on the cusp of a premiership I'd pick up one of our list cloggers because of the fact they have come from our club; the club has just shown some professionalism by playing off in the past two GFs. It's like red or black on the roulette table isn't it.
Well then maybe they arent list cloggers. Be interested to who think are list cloggers and what their trade value is. Do you honestly think Blake and Peake have any value at all outside our side?
Blake has none. Peake could have some(ish). Gram and Dalsanto could be great bait. If BJ doesn't get a hurry up then he'll be worth less than both of those.
Clearly they do because it gives children of second generation migrants like yourself an opportunity to express yourself in a free and open way that wouldn't otherwise not be possible in the family home.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Smith is not in because he can't kick..he's woeful from what i've seen

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The end
The great and almighty OZ?

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Clearly they do because it gives children of second generation migrants like yourself an opportunity to express yourself in a free and open way that wouldn't otherwise not be possible in the family home.
Trade BJ. How's that one usless idea gong for you rascist pig.

You really are a racist dumb f-ck blog clogger.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 21 May 2011 9:54am, edited 5 times in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon still confused

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Seriously Lyon is trying to have a bob each way.

He is saying oh look at all the debutants - he gives them 1 or 2 games at a time - but he goes back to Blake and Peake. Like he is still hoping that somehow 2009 clicks in to gear.

What is the point of playing Peake and Blake? Backwards looking not forward. He also looks so weary and tired and the players are following that lead.

Maybe he needs a holiday and come back and start again.
So should we play 3 new players, even if we have none for those positions, and lose by 10 goals this week. The club needs to stay competitive. You seem to think we can lose every game this year and magically make the top 4 again next year. Well that just will not happen. To have any hope at all next year we must somehow get our form back this year and the best way to do that is mix youth and experience.
I dont necessarily disagree but still me thinks - why couldnt we lose games this year and make top 4 next season?

Does 1 seasons form have a direct correlation to the following year.....Im not so sure. Did 07's form have a direct link to 08......I mean in 07 many said we were the new Sydney, going backwards and finished.......

I think the reason we have to play a Blake (occasionally) or a Peake is more about mature bodies around kids....and not an over abundnace of kids all at once which is detrimental to development.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Many posters going off about Blake, Peake, Clarke, Mini etc. Don't play them! Trade them! No, can't trade them, just give them the flick.

Now no doubt some, if not all of these players will not be with us next year.

However with a bit of luck they may have been premiership, or perhaps dual premiership players. And then they would have been club heroes.

So give them a break.

If Ross wants to play them from time to time in what will be a transitional year then good luck to them I say. They've all got far more to lose than any of us!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon still confused

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Seriously Lyon is trying to have a bob each way.

He is saying oh look at all the debutants - he gives them 1 or 2 games at a time - but he goes back to Blake and Peake. Like he is still hoping that somehow 2009 clicks in to gear.

What is the point of playing Peake and Blake? Backwards looking not forward. He also looks so weary and tired and the players are following that lead.

Maybe he needs a holiday and come back and start again.
So should we play 3 new players, even if we have none for those positions, and lose by 10 goals this week. The club needs to stay competitive. You seem to think we can lose every game this year and magically make the top 4 again next year. Well that just will not happen. To have any hope at all next year we must somehow get our form back this year and the best way to do that is mix youth and experience.
I dont necessarily disagree but still me thinks - why couldnt we lose games this year and make top 4 next season?

Does 1 seasons form have a direct correlation to the following year.....Im not so sure. Did 07's form have a direct link to 08......I mean in 07 many said we were the new Sydney, going backwards and finished.......

I think the reason we have to play a Blake (occasionally) or a Peake is more about mature bodies around kids....and not an over abundnace of kids all at once which is detrimental to development.
Well I think it does, at least for confidence. I believe last years loss or probably the draw is having a huge effect on this year. Players cant all of sudden win 16 games after winning 2 especially with an ageing side. We must turn this year around if we are to have any hope next year. It will at least give confidence to the older players who are completely lacking that at the moment.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Trade BJ. How's that one usless idea gong for you rascist pig.

You really are a racist dunb f-ck blog clogger.
What's up Pavlova? You don't mind dishing out the insults but can't cop it yourself. Grow a brain and keep away from my posts if you don't like it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So you are saying Dal and BJ are list cloggers. Surely not. I reckon Peake has no value at all and unless Gram shows some more this year he as none either. 27 years old and playing like he is over 30.
You need to have something worthwile to trade and Dal and BJ would still be attractive however BJ may reduce his value if he plays out the remaider of the season based on his performance to-date. My point about bringing the dropped players back, i.e. Gram would be so they help out the team for the reasons you point out which gives them an opportunity to play well, look attractive to potential suitors. So possibly, players like Gram might have already been told that they will be offered up at the end of the year. So the meeting would go something like, Grammy, we are offering you up come seasons end, but we will drop you for the odd game to bring in new players, but when you come in it's your time to show the suitors that you have still got something. Does that make sense?
Another useful post by the decrepit bogan redneck called Cairnsman. God, you realy are a dumb arse.

Don't worry, your posts are good laugh value.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So you are saying Dal and BJ are list cloggers. Surely not. I reckon Peake has no value at all and unless Gram shows some more this year he as none either. 27 years old and playing like he is over 30.
You need to have something worthwile to trade and Dal and BJ would still be attractive however BJ may reduce his value if he plays out the remaider of the season based on his performance to-date. My point about bringing the dropped players back, i.e. Gram would be so they help out the team for the reasons you point out which gives them an opportunity to play well, look attractive to potential suitors. So possibly, players like Gram might have already been told that they will be offered up at the end of the year. So the meeting would go something like, Grammy, we are offering you up come seasons end, but we will drop you for the odd game to bring in new players, but when you come in it's your time to show the suitors that you have still got something. Does that make sense?
Another useful post by the decrepit bogan redneck called Cairnsman. God, you realy are a dumb arse.

Don't worry, your posts are good laugh value.
KaleeMEra Pavlova! I thought you'd be in the front yard tending to the tomatos this moring.