Seaford

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Big difference between being annoyed by it and letting it be a significant factor in taking us from contenders to also-rans....

But as I've always said, the less we really know about most of these guys and how they think the better, probably.

Build a freaking bridge.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Big difference between being annoyed by it and letting it be a significant factor in taking us from contenders to also-rans....

But as I've always said, the less we really know about most of these guys and how they think the better, probably.

Build a freaking bridge.
If the bridge went from Port Melbourne to Seaford they may feel better :wink:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

What's so special about Port Melbourne, FFS?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Legendary
Club Player

The players on the list for the "transition" from Moorabbin to Seaford will always be annoyed by it.

The young guys coming through who know nothing different won't care.

Give it 10 years and no one will bat an eyelid.

Saints43
Club Player

So the next time they are getting kicked out of the Love Machine after being bashed by hairdressers where would they rather be living: inner city or near Seaford? I think it will always matter. Probably not that much though...

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:What's so special about Port Melbourne, FFS?
They must like the rats?????

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:The players on the list for the "transition" from Moorabbin to Seaford will always be annoyed by it.

Except for the fact that with free agency coming in some will up and leave and we will now be a non preferred option in attracting star players to our club.

Collingwood for example will be training at Olympic Park with elite facilities next door a stones throw from the MCG, St kilda will be rooted at Belvedere Park in fricken Seaford FFS, up Kananook Creek without a paddle.

FAIR DINKUM

Our surrender monkey board led by clown Westaway have once again in the true St kilda tradition shot themselves and our club in the foot, the one thing this club does better than anyone.

All those thinking this is a non issue are so deluded and dumbed down with their heads up their arses they wouldn't get the drum with a brass band up them.

This board have consigned this club to yet another decade of sustained failure.

The entire board should hang their heads in shame along with anyone who voted these idiots in, they have NFI, a vacant lot relocating the club to a vacant lot in the backblocks of Seaford as if that seemed like a good idea at the time!

They should all step down effective immediately.

Not only is free agency coming which will see some of our stars leave our 27th wooden spoon is just around the corner.

The membership will be struggling to track 30,000 by 2016 and the rot from this insane decision will have truly set in.

DON'T SAY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WARNED!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Legendary wrote:The players on the list for the "transition" from Moorabbin to Seaford will always be annoyed by it.

Except for the fact that with free agency coming in some will up and leave and we will now be a non preferred option in attracting star players to our club.

Collingwood for example will be training at Olympic Park with elite facilities next door a stones throw from the MCG, St kilda will be rooted at Belvedere Park in fricken Seaford FFS, up Kananook Creek without a paddle.

FAIR DINKUM

Our surrender monkey board led by clown Westaway have once again in the true St kilda tradition shot themselves and our club in the foot, the one thing this club does better than anyone.

All those thinking this is a non issue are so deluded and dumbed down with their heads up their arses they wouldn't get the drum with a brass band up them.

This board have consigned this club to yet another decade of sustained failure.

The entire board should hang their heads in shame along with anyone who voted these idiots in, they have NFI, a vacant lot relocating the club to a vacant lot in the backblocks of Seaford as if that seemed like a good idea at the time!

They should all step down effective immediately.

Not only is free agency coming which will see some of our stars leave our 27th wooden spoon is just around the corner.

The membership will be struggling to track 30,000 by 2016 and the rot from this insane decision will have truly set in.

DON'T SAY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WARNED!
C'mon..... own up all of you........ admit it. :oops:

You've all missed a "Sky Is Falling" post from B4, haven't you?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well it has been a couple of weeks now......i was starting to get worried and thought he'd gone sane

8-)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I have some sympathy with barkes4ever. The move so far south will also impact the ability to attract TOP administration people, Coaching staff and Support people.

It''s all in hindsight now.\, but it would be interesting to see the papers prepared and discussed at Board level on this decision/move. I think you will find that "money" was the key driver.

How the Club couldn't make things happen with the Moorabin Council, I will never know - exceedingly poor relationship and negotiation skills I say. :!:

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I have some sympathy with barkes4ever. The move so far south will also impact the ability to attract TOP administration people, Coaching staff and Support people.

It''s all in hindsight now.\, but it would be interesting to see the papers prepared and discussed at Board level on this decision/move. I think you will find that "money" was the key driver.

How the Club couldn't make things happen with the Moorabin Council, I will never know - exceedingly poor relationship and negotiation skills I say. :!:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I have some sympathy with barkes4ever. The move so far south will also impact the ability to attract TOP administration people, Coaching staff and Support people.

Oh Dear JO....didn't anyone tell you that you are not supposed to take anything that BarkingForEver posts as serious?

If you want a job in such a constricted field as AFL, you have to be prepared to move where the club is. Whether it is Seaford, Fremantle, West Sydney or Geelong.

Money is always a key driver.... when did a bankrupt club last win a premiership?

And as for the Moorabbin negotiations, they were reported on at length on this forum. The lack of negotiation was definately with council not us. They just plainly did not want us there.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Thanks GrumpyOne, I'll take your comments on board. :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I have some sympathy with barkes4ever. The move so far south will also impact the ability to attract TOP administration people, Coaching staff and Support people.

Hawthorn's admin is stuffed is it? Agree that we should not have moved but that is now like saying we shouldnt have got rid of Plugger. Its happened so lets get on with it. The players have but for some reason we think they havent.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Admin staff?

I'd reckon they'd be ok with the move out of everyone, did anyone ever look up at the offices when watching training?

As for Barks point, I think it's over reactive ( :wink: )

Not everyone can play for Collingwood...

There is what, something like 800 guys on lists in the AFL? Not everyone who dreams of playing AFL, is going to end up at the rich clubs. Still 700 or so that have to go somewhere....

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

we want to attract the cream. not the leftovers.
i think that is b4e's point.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:we want to attract the cream. not the leftovers.
Exactly!

Our cream will leave and cream it elsewhere, while new cream will not cream their jeans for our team and we will end up being creamed by the cream leaving a big lean mess to clean.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Exactly!

Our cream will leave and cream it elsewhere, while new cream will not cream their jeans for our team and we will end up being creamed by the cream leaving a big lean mess to clean.
With Nutters like you hanging around, wouldnt blame them.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The sad thing is, that if they hate Seaford so much they have become disaffected and petulant, they may have cost themselves their football careers. That will show everyone when they are telling football stories at the tool counter at Bunnings while waiting for a promotion to the garden centre.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Exactly!

Beam me up Scotty. :shock: