Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
meher baba wrote:I've only just caught up with this really intersting thread.

Mr Siposs:  your intervention was perhaps a little unfortunate, but understandable. Like you, I would never hesitate in fighting back if someone publicly criticised my son's character. As an outsider, BM's comments didn't seem so bad to me, but I'm sure I'd feel differently if it was my son he was talking about.

BM's response was classy and I hope you two can bury the hatchet now.

Finally, I must say I wasn't too impressed with those of you who rushed to put the boot into BM after Mr Siposs's post. BM is one of the posters who makes this forum worth coming to IMO.

BM has more interesting things to say about football than most of you.  I sometimes don't agree with him, and he's had a go at me on several occasions.  But generally I like his style.

So, those of you who want to bag him can go stuff yourselves AFAIC.
Couldn't agree more.  
And personal threats have no place on an Internet forum..........
Is "go stuff yourselves" a threat  :?
Maybe not a threat, but it's not a nice thing to say is it? There, I've edited my post. Don't fully agree with MB.

Still it's not as bad as calling someone a 'dick' and saying ".....and hope like hell you don't cross my path...." Takes a fair bit of courage to write that doesn't it :shock:

And BM didn't respond in kind, just like when he's often insulted by the Great Oracle and others

Stand your ground :shock:
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am impressed with young Cripps too. The way he put himself into position for that last goal show he has a real footy brain.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:i find it funny that mr sip has 5 posts on this forum (or there abouts) has put in nothing to it because he hangs about at that other prats site and facebook page
you know
the guy here who had a breakdown banned people, spat the dummy and lied about illnesses and his positions in jobs etc
everyone remember him???
the guy who stole the name saintsfooty and said he was getting a site foing using that name etc when he didnt even own the name saintsfooty

we all remember him right???

maybe mr sip you will see the light...hopefully you already have and have nothing to do with him and his bulls***

i think your boy is going alright
looks good, doesnt panic, great leg, lets hope he can play plenty of games for us and kick plenty of goals from FF
congrats on being proud of your boy. 8-)

Hang on isnt it SaintsFooty's Arryn Siposs. Im pretty certain he bought Arryn and now owns him exclusivly. the footy club has to pay royalties to SF for any interviews and crap he does... :roll: :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol

well said

the old man must be proud as punch in sippo getting a gig at the saints.
imagine playing for the club you and the family supported...itd be fantastic and a dream come true.
grab it with both hands and run!

8-)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Was wondering why this thread was stretching out to so many pages!
I've been reading what BigMart said about Sippa in recent days (and just after the draft) and thought they were just an honest critique of Arryn's strengths and weaknesses.
I found it refreshing to hear the full story about someone for once, not just the positives, seen through rose coloured glasses.
It sure beats getting your hopes up that someone is "perfect", only to find out later that they aren't, after they've been built up to be something they aren't. Often that gets taken out on them, too, as if it was them themselves that was talking themselves up as being full of positives, with no negs. As an extreme example, things may have turned out very differently for Fev, had his negative traits not been covered up for so long. He may have gotten better/more help with them from early on and been better off for it, avoiding all the s*** that ended up going down.
I'd much rather have the full story on someone than only the positives, or only the negatives, unless of course they're perfect in every way and have nothing that needs work.
And if Mr Siposs is going to be threatening anyone who says the sort of things BigMart said (which were balanced, if not well outweighed by the positives), he'd better get his gloves on and be ready for years of fighting, if Arryn has any sort of long career. He's going to hear FAR FAR worse and most likely less true things than what MB said, especially if he goes to games and hears what the fans of the other team have to say. He'll need to either develop a thick skin, or be ready for LOTS of fighting.
If you're prepared to hear the positive stuff, you have to be able to wear the negative stuff. It's the yin/yang of life. It's called being able to take the good with the bad. If you're not prepared to take one, you'd better forget about the other.

As for what I've seen of him so far, watching the game from '97 against North last night (with Heatley kicking 9), it got me thinking that Arryn is probably already the best kick for goal we've had since Heater (special mention to Milne of about 7 years ago, when he was deadly). Apparently only 1cm difference in their height's, too, so there's no reason Arryn can't kick a lot of goals for our club, if the chips fall the right way. Fingers crossed! (no pressure, though!)

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Great to have BigMart's personal insights on him. They are always an objective read. BM has always been a good analyser of talent, I can't remember him getting too many wrong.

Also fair enough to have his Dad come on here and have his say. It's a natural thing for a father to protect his son.

However, it's part and parcel of AFL footy that one day, Arryn will probably be criticised. He actually recieved praise from Mike Sheahan on On The Coach the other day, so he's off to a good start.

Part of being in public life is that you have to accept criticism and praise. It can be unfair when you are being criticised, but it can also be premature.

As for Arryn at the moment, I'm just enjoying watching him and think he's got a great future with the Saints.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Can't remember when a young Saints player has looked so good in his second game..
Luke Donald
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 00818.html

Brodie Atkinson (1st game actually)
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 30612.html

Dean Grieg 1st game
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 10810.html
Same game Tim Allen's 2nd

Neil Park
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 20821.html

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re the last couple of posts before the one by kosifantutti23

Without commenting on BM or Attila, as I know neither, and without commenting on who is right and who is wrong, because I wouldn't know, I would just make the following point.

Yes players cop criticism from fans and journos etc and yes the players, their families and their friends need to be able to wear this. I'll never forget the banner "Paul Temay cannot play" on the outer fence at Moorabbin.

However the main issue here was someone who knew the player making comments regarding his involvements with that player.

Once again I make no comment as to who is right and who is wrong. But I do distinguish BM's remarks from anonymous fans simply bagging Raph or Kosi etc. Therefore the advice that Dad simply has to put up with it, because it comes with privilege of having a son play AFL, is not relevant in this instance.

IMO of course.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Can't remember when a young Saints player has looked so good in his second game..
Luke Donald
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 00818.html
From looking at those stats, all our young players did well that day.

Cummings, Dipetta, Donald and Sexton all had an influence.

Point shouldn't been lost on anyone that not one of those players went on to play more than 14 AFL games

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
attila_Siposs
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Was wondering why this thread was stretching out to so many pages!
I've been reading what BigMart said about Sippa in recent days (and just after the draft) and thought they were just an honest critique of Arryn's strengths and weaknesses.
I found it refreshing to hear the full story about someone for once, not just the positives, seen through rose coloured glasses.
It sure beats getting your hopes up that someone is "perfect", only to find out later that they aren't, after they've been built up to be something they aren't. Often that gets taken out on them, too, as if it was them themselves that was talking themselves up as being full of positives, with no negs. As an extreme example, things may have turned out very differently for Fev, had his negative traits not been covered up for so long. He may have gotten better/more help with them from early on and been better off for it, avoiding all the s*** that ended up going down.
I'd much rather have the full story on someone than only the positives, or only the negatives, unless of course they're perfect in every way and have nothing that needs work.
And if Mr Siposs is going to be threatening anyone who says the sort of things BigMart said (which were balanced, if not well outweighed by the positives), he'd better get his gloves on and be ready for years of fighting, if Arryn has any sort of long career. He's going to hear FAR FAR worse and most likely less true things than what MB said, especially if he goes to games and hears what the fans of the other team have to say. He'll need to either develop a thick skin, or be ready for LOTS of fighting.
If you're prepared to hear the positive stuff, you have to be able to wear the negative stuff. It's the yin/yang of life. It's called being able to take the good with the bad. If you're not prepared to take one, you'd better forget about the other.

As for what I've seen of him so far, watching the game from '97 against North last night (with Heatley kicking 9), it got me thinking that Arryn is probably already the best kick for goal we've had since Heater (special mention to Milne of about 7 years ago, when he was deadly). Apparently only 1cm difference in their height's, too, so there's no reason Arryn can't kick a lot of goals for our club, if the chips fall the right way. Fingers crossed! (no pressure, though!)

I understand what you are all saying. It's not what is said it's just by who. As for getting into physical altercation's with anyone it's not going to happen. I never mentioned anything about physical threats. I was just meaning that i would give bigmart a piece of my mind and tell him where to get off. I ask you all this were you the same person at 18 that you were when you were 14. And if any of you have the opportunity to ask arryn who his biggest critic has been you might just be surprised what the answer may be

markp
Saintsational Legend

Is it true that Heater is his godfather?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Is it true that Heater is his godfather?
Brivis?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Brivis?
Could do with one at the moment.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Brivis?
Nobo!

St Igmata
Club Player

attila_Siposs wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Was wondering why this thread was stretching out to so many pages!

I understand what you are all saying. It's not what is said it's just by who. As for getting into physical altercation's with anyone it's not going to happen. I never mentioned anything about physical threats. I was just meaning that i would give bigmart a piece of my mind and tell him where to get off. I ask you all this were you the same person at 18 that you were when you were 14. And if any of you have the opportunity to ask arryn who his biggest critic has been you might just be surprised what the answer may be
Look just let it go.
Your son is playing AFL footy now,
I'm sure he would be cringing that daddy is here to rescue him and his team mates will be having a giggle.
Cant play big daddy at this level.
Your son will have some ups and some downs.
It comes with the territory.

If you can't stand the heat of a football forum get out of the kitchen.
Or at least hire a lawyer and test it in court.

Arryn was pick 70 to 80.
There were reasons for this.

Getting picked up by any club is an honour.
But not everybody comes as a whole package.

He has the opportunity to prove himself with a strong showing both on and off the field.He certainly does not need your interference.
LOL

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I won't get involved in the back and forth, but surely not everyone is so easily :oops: by their parents?