Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Is this for real?
How about you read what you write and follow your own advice.
Humour me maverick, what do you mean?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:What next... will people be called upon to appreciate that players are human beings with families and friends who should be talked about with some basic level of respect?... or worse, they'll be expected to actually get their facts right before posting?!

I bloody hope not.
Mate, you never know, I've seen it happening. This place is going to the dogs!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:Yeah, heaven forbid someone who is currently directly associated with a player un-anonymously fronts up here to clarify and clear a few things up!

What next... will people be called upon to appreciate that players are human beings with families and friends who should be talked about with some basic level of respect?... or worse, they'll be expected to actually get their facts right before posting?!

I bloody hope not.
Correct.

At least Attila doesn't hide behind some fictional TV doctor's pseudonym!

:oops:
Wait... you're not a doctor??

My post wasn't having a go at BM, or anyone in particular, by the way... but if Attila wants to post within the rules then I say welcome.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
markp wrote:What next... will people be called upon to appreciate that players are human beings with families and friends who should be talked about with some basic level of respect?... or worse, they'll be expected to actually get their facts right before posting?!

I bloody hope not.
Mate, you never know, I've seen it happening. This place is going to the dogs!
It's a shame huh.

Chat footy more often Inker, and I'll join in.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think making threats directly at Big Mart is corssing the line

Did big mart really cross the line with anything he wrote? I don't see what BM has said that is so horrible.
He said that as a junior (aka in the past) he felt he Aaryn had a few ??? in his attitude on the field but was by and large a good kid with exceptional skills.

He also phrased it in a way that clearly showed that his observation was from a few years past.

By and large I think BM has been very complimentary to Aaryn.

Comments like 'why did Marto leave that school' and you better not cross my path are way over the top.
BM was talking footy, AS was not

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Personally I think making threats directly at Big Mart is corssing the line

Did big mart really cross the line with anything he wrote? I don't see what BM has said that is so horrible.
He said that as a junior (aka in the past) he felt he Aaryn had a few ??? in his attitude on the field but was by and large a good kid with exceptional skills.

He also phrased it in a way that clearly showed that his observation was from a few years past.

Comments like 'why did Marto leave that school' and you better not cross my path are way over the top.
With due respect Skeptic, it is quite clear that there were issues between the Siposs family and BM when Arryn was at the school and according to Attila that was a reason as to why Arryn left that school and played elsewhere.

BM when talking about Arryn has repeatedly 'damned him with faint praise'.
He declares himself as someone with 'insight' on many subjects, including drafting junior footballers.
Surely it might have been more enlightening for him to mention there had been a 'personal problem' with Arryn before he impsrted his wisdom on the choice of this player?

It's just called declaring your bias upfront.

Maybe Attila felt that the rest of us should know there was an 'issue' whaich may have coloured BM's opinion?
I think that knowing there was/is an 'issue' between them certainly changes the way some (many?) may read his incisive thoughts on Arryn as a player?
Maybe not you or me, but probably others.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

you do articulate yourself very well MM

point taken

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:It's a shame huh.

Oh yeah, sure... and next you'll be banging on about that lazy Dempster bloke and what an honest and hard-working player he is!

Nuts.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:Yeah, heaven forbid someone who is currently directly associated with a player un-anonymously fronts up here to clarify and clear a few things up!

What next... will people be called upon to appreciate that players are human beings with families and friends who should be talked about with some basic level of respect?... or worse, they'll be expected to actually get their facts right before posting?!

I bloody hope not.
Correct.

What do you mean your not a real doctor? I knew there was soemthing shady when you said youwould meet me in the ally way :cry: :cry: :idea:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:It's a shame huh.

Oh yeah, sure... and next you'll be banging on about that lazy Dempster bloke and what an honest and hard-working player he is!

Nuts.
Fair enough then.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I bloody hope not.
Correct.

What do you mean your not a real doctor?  I knew there was soemthing shady when you said youwould meet me in the ally way  :cry:  :cry:  :idea:
Don't need any formal qualifications to perform the procedure we discussed thunda :wink:

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I bloody hope not.
Correct.

What do you mean your not a real doctor?  I knew there was soemthing shady when you said youwould meet me in the ally way  :cry:  :cry:  :idea:
Don't need any formal qualifications to perform the procedure we discussed thunda :wink:
8-) 8-)

attila_Siposs
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
skeptic wrote:Personally I think making threats directly at Big Mart is corssing the line

With due respect Skeptic, it is quite clear that there were issues between the Siposs family and BM when Arryn was at the school and according to Attila that was a reason as to why Arryn left that school and played elsewhere.

He declares himself as someone with 'insight' on many subjects, including drafting junior footballers.
Surely it might have been more enlightening for him to mention there had been a 'personal problem' with Arryn before he impsrted his wisdom on the choice of this player?

Maybe Attila felt that the rest of us should know there was an 'issue' whaich may have coloured BM's opinion?
I think that knowing there was/is an 'issue' between them certainly changes the way some (many?) may read his incisive thoughts on Arryn as a player?

Hi guys and gals. i would like to clear a few things up. Firstly i have no problem with what is written and will rarely respond. In general i dont have a problem with bigmart. I can wear what he has had to say but i feel he crossed the line when he mentioned that he coached him for 3 years. The school Arryn was attending at the time would have been lucky to play 6 interschool games in that time. He was not a coach he was a team supervisor. The fact that Bigmart's claim to fame is "coaching" a kid that now is on an AFL list is somewhat big noteing himself. I ay be wrong but i don't think he has posted since he was caught out.And remember one thing i come on here because my family have been Saints supporters all our lives, not just since the boy was drafted.considering 12 clubs interviewed him we are stoked that he was picked up by the SAINTS.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

attila_Siposs wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Did big mart really cross the line with anything he wrote?  I don't see what BM has said that is so horrible.

Hi guys and gals. i would like to clear a few things up. Firstly i have no problem with what is written and will rarely respond. In general i dont have a problem with bigmart. I can wear what he has had to say but i feel he crossed the line when he mentioned that he coached him for 3 years. The school Arryn was attending at the time would have been lucky to play 6 interschool games in that time. He was not a coach he was a team supervisor. The fact that Bigmart's claim to fame is "coaching" a kid that now is on an AFL list is somewhat big noteing himself. I ay be wrong but i don't think he has posted since he was caught out.And remember one thing i come on here because my family have been Saints supporters all our lives, not just since the boy was drafted.considering 12 clubs interviewed him we are stoked that he was picked up by the SAINTS.
Regardless of the history, which only you and BM know for sure, congratulations Attila on having your son picked up by the club you've followed loyally.

We are all excited by what we've seen so far and wish him all the best.

Sainterman
Club Player

It is great to have you here mate. Let's hope some of the Saintsationalists on here can show some tact and poise (long shot but hey...).

Like the look of our new number 2...seems to have some X factor and was great on the weekend. Even nicer that he comes from a Sainter background. Look forward to many years watching that magnificent kick slotting them through. If he works hard he has a big future in the game. I for one look forward to watching the kid develop. I actually got my little one to watch him kick for goal on the weekend so he can learn the correct kicking style as he sets out on his own junior career!

Be nice to see you posting every now and then on here, great to have people posting on here that are actually connected to the club...and don't worry too much about the knockers on here, most really don't have a clue!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well hello mr siposs.

Firstly, congrats on arryn for getting drafted, you must be extremely proud of him....having known him as a young boy, i am so pleased for him.

As you know, i am a huge saints fan, and am well aware arryn was a saints supporter as a kid...so when his name was read out, i just smiled and thought, well done and knew he'd be so excited.

Secondly, all my comments about arryn have been from a perspective as a junior, and what i understood from other boys who played with him. Arryn has always had sublime skills, and a ton of courage...which i have zero hesitation in saying.... As a kid, he had a few things to work on.....which he obviously did....as he was drafted. That brings me to my third point...

As i said, the best thing arryn ever did was, move to hallam sc.....and also get into the stingrays, these two things saw him get the education and professionalism that complimented his talent, and ultimately develop him in every aspect.

I wish him all the best, he has done exceedingly well thus far, and i for one hope it continues.

I have no issue with your comments or threats, i can see your pissed off, but i am not sure why my opinion should bother you so much, to you, i am just another fan, with an opinion..... If jason gram or kosi's parents ever read this site, they would feel sick....hope they dont
By the way, i left my old school due to promotion and i was in need of a change of environment after ten years....

I enjoyed my time there, and particularly enjoyed teaching arryn...who i nominated for the pe award to twice, and the sports award. A nice kid, in a tough environment. Your other child was good to work with also.

Only real shame about arryn........ He will be lost to cricket for a while.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am not sure my claim to fame was 'coaching' arryn...... I dont live through others achievements.... He earned that...... I am glad he got picked up, because he really wanted it, and must have worked hard to deserve it.....

Btw...... I gave up many lunch hours over many years (even took arryn and co. out of class) working with the boys......not for my benefit, i just loved the glint in their eyes...they loved it, unfortunately arryn didnt have enough support to overcome our stumbling block..

I will say no more on the topic.... As anonymity is not there and it is not personal

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

And Arryn Siposs won five Coleman Medals and led St Kilda to unprecedented seven consecutive premierships between 2015 and 2021 and they all lived happily ever after

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:And Arryn Siposs won five Coleman Medals and led St Kilda to unprecedented seven consecutive premierships between 2015 and 2021 and they all lived happily ever after
Followed by Marto's best selling tell all biography :wink:

St Igmata
Club Player

Re: marto your a DICK

attila_Siposs wrote:Mr martin or as you like to call yourself BIGMART. You are a dick you have no idea about arryn. he has improved in many ways as a player and a man. the reason he improved is because we got him away from you you dick. He has never played a game of 2nd division football. he played in two premierships with beaconsfield u/16's in the second pemiership against berwick he played on a kid that was named all Australian u/16 at the national carnival and towled him up. he didn't kick 99 goals by arse. You need to pull your head in and hope like hell you don't cross my path. I have been reading your posts for the last month. And by the way stupid I know him better than you as I'm his DAD :idea:
Actually, if nobody posted anything on this site aboout footballers they might know or have an opinion on in case a dad got upset we wouldnt have a site.
Probably best to stay away.
Football is emotional and players come and go but supporters and members are here forever.
Yes, i read you're also a supporter but with players changing clubs im sure your loyalties will end up elsewhere if that situation ever arose in your family.
I don't believe BM said anything that deserved your reply!
Good luck with Arryn the club certainly needs some good luck and Arryn can make a great future for himself.
BigMart cerainly doesnt deserve your outburst . lol

santazzi
Club Player

Re: marto your a DICK

St Igmata wrote:
attila_Siposs wrote:Mr martin or as you like to call yourself BIGMART. You are a dick you have no idea about arryn. he has improved in many ways as a player and a man. the reason he improved is because we got him away from you you dick. He has never played a game of 2nd division football. he played in two premierships with beaconsfield u/16's in the second pemiership against berwick he played on a kid that was named all Australian u/16 at the national carnival and towled him up. he didn't kick 99 goals by arse. You need to pull your head in and hope like hell you don't cross my path. I have been reading your posts for the last month. And by the way stupid I know him better than you as I'm his DAD :idea:
Actually, if nobody posted anything on this site aboout footballers they might know or have an opinion on in case a dad got upset we wouldnt have a site.
Probably best to stay away.
Football is emotional and players come and go but supporters and members are here forever.
Yes, i read you're also a supporter but with players changing clubs im sure your loyalties will end up elsewhere if that situation ever arose in your family.
I don't believe BM said anything that deserved your reply!
Good luck with Arryn the club certainly needs some good luck and Arryn can make a great future for himself.
BigMart cerainly doesnt deserve your outburst . lol

No No No................There is no need for anyone to stay away from this forum......Armo's bro and now Sippo's dad........we need more.......brothers, sisters, girlfriends, mothers, uncles, cousins, nieces.........come on down to sainsational.........this forum will very soon put reality shows and London tabloids out of business...........the question is how do we make a fortune out of it.............there is a bright side ........relies and friends of players who post here can form an exclusive support group..................

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sipposs

A reason to watch the Saints!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Well that was fun - cheers for BigMart and Mr Sipposs in sorting out their issues hopefully they are now having a quiet drink together and a cuddle

Now does anyone have any comments re: my comparison of Arryn to a young James Hird??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Now does anyone have any comments re: my comparison of Arryn to a young James Hird??
We can all DREAM

Sometimes dreams come true !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm rapt with what the lad has shown so far. To hell with all the worry and woe about not being flag contenders this season, I'm going to enjoy watching the development of young Arryn and "Crippa" (and hopefully more youngsters) during this significant season in our history

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)