Is 2012 a realistic chance?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think we are a chance if we take up planking.
Whack a "W" in front of it and I reckon you've been doing it for years... :shock:
Wplanking. Is the W silent? Sorry for the spelling mistake.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

borderbarry wrote:if a club has delisted them or doesn't demand anything for them, don't draft them. Yes, that's you Gamble, Begley, Attard, Clarke, C.Gardiner, McQualter, Eddy, M.Ferguson, Pattison, L.Fisher, J.Smith, Howard and Attard.
Wow, Attard so bad you had to list him twice.

Anyway - all clubs make trades, plenty of those traded don't work out or make significant contributions.

I suppose you'd rather Lyon had gone for the tank and rebuild as soon as he arrived? I can just imagine how that would have gone down.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
saint58
Club Player

Re: Is 2012 a realistic chance?

Teflon wrote:Our seasons shot. We'll struggle to make the 8 and Im not sure we want to.

For all the talk of "start pre season now" Im concerned that 2012 may not be a realistic "shot" at a flag. Reality is we'd need to find a ruck option who is ready made NOW. McEvoy isnt a number 1 and certainly not a GF winning ruck....he looks a way off it to me.

Our kids appear ok.....Sippos enouraging, Cripss allright, Smith avge, Lynch? - who knows, Winmar ?...see Lynch....point is even if these kids and others are good enough is there really enough time in 1 pre season to expect them to rise in maturity/ability level to ably assist our current mids for a genuine shot at a flag?

I really fear at 28 we are starting to see a drop from Roo...Hayes with another knee and year older should be the ceam at this stage...not the engine.....

So if we trade a star for GWS kids - then surely we are admitting the likes of Riewoldt and Co wont see a flag. This group has missed out if so.

Either way, 2012 might be a pipe dream is all I fear - and the worry is we will innevitably become one of those mid table sides (or worse) who delude themselves that if "everything goes right" we can win the thing.

We should play more young guys like walsh put him on the list,and winmar smith archer ledger,stanley and a host of others.

But i feer that mini will still get a game as with blake and peake he was named in the best for sandy.

To me this is impeading the young guys development and this is what we should have done in 2009/10 when we knew we were making the finals.

Other teams did this and now they have gone past us in development we will be able to relode for next year if we play the young guys.Not for 1 or 2 games than drop them give them 5 or 6 games we need to know if they can play now not next season.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think we are a chance if we take up planking.
Whack a "W" in front of it and I reckon you've been doing it for years... :shock:
Wplanking. Is the W silent? Sorry for the spelling mistake.
If you prefer it silent thats up to you.....or you could moan.....thats also up to you....its your "stuff".

“Yeah….nah””