Before YOU give up on 2011.....!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Before YOU give up on 2011.....!!

.......Think about the consequences in 2012.

If our crowds and TV support drop off dramatically between now and the end of 2011 our FIXture in 2012 will be horendous. Essendon & Carlton are on the up and will be demanding better exposure and better time slots in 2012 and the AFL will have to take them off someone (not Collingwood) to accomodate this.

So, if you want to see us playing lots of twilight games against low drawing clubs in 2012 GIVE UP NOW.

If you are hoping for a FIXture somewhere near what we got this year (especially from a commercial aspect) you are going to have to do your bit.

THAT'S THE CHOICE THAT WE ALL HAVE

I'll be sticking by MY CLUB !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saints Angel
Club Player

[color=black][/color]

I will be sticking by my club. Been a member for 59 years and will not give up on them anytime soon. I have seen harsher years than this. Now is the time to get behind the club as a member and not be a front runner.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Happy to do that Tom. All I ask of the players is that they have a real crack ...

Wait a minute ... :roll:

It's a 2 way street. I can cop losing to a better side if we've given it a genuine shot ... but that rubbish on Sunday was just weak. No heart shown at all, a couple of players excepted. They should be embarrassed with that effort.

Ross sure looked embarrased ...

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Can't believe the level of whinging, whining and bleating on this site. I will continue to turn up every week with my family as I have done for nearly 40 years to watch my sainters! Even in dark days there are always reasons to go, right now it's watching the young blokes coming through. Loving Sipposs at the moment

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Before YOU give up on 2011.....!!

Eastern wrote:.......Think about the consequences in 2012.

If our crowds and TV support drop off dramatically between now and the end of 2011 our FIXture in 2012 will be horendous. Essendon & Carlton are on the up and will be demanding better exposure and better time slots in 2012 and the AFL will have to take them off someone (not Collingwood) to accomodate this.

So, if you want to see us playing lots of twilight games against low drawing clubs in 2012 GIVE UP NOW.

If you are hoping for a FIXture somewhere near what we got this year (especially from a commercial aspect) you are going to have to do your bit.

THAT'S THE CHOICE THAT WE ALL HAVE

I'll be sticking by MY CLUB !!
All games will be live on Foxtel next year.

Why should I go out and watch us get belted when I can do it from the comfort of my lounge room?

Can only have your devotion unrequited for so long before you admit that it isn't worth it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Munga
Saintsational Legend

I still think we are more than capable of making the finals, easily. Right now it's the attitude of the players that won't make it happen.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

the more we "push on" the more we are digging a hole for then future.

question: whats the first thing you should do when u have dug urself in a hole?
answer: stop digging.

soldiering on and finishing 9th or 10th will just see us in deeper next year.

stop the rot and re-jog for 2012 and start it now. short term pain for medium term gain.

who cares about the draw.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:the more we "push on" the more we are digging a hole for then future.

stop the rot and re-jog for 2012 and start it now. short term pain for medium term gain.

Why are we more hope next year if we win 6 games this year than if we won 10? It is illogical to think that way.

Royston
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:the more we "push on" the more we are digging a hole for then future.

Why are we more hope next year if we win 6 games this year than if we won 10? It is illogical to think that way.
Agree - would it be a better learning environment for the young tiros...shyte draft picks anyway due to GWS and and compensation picks that may be exercised.
You either make the 8 or you don't.

St Igmata
Club Player

Draft concessions wont come easy.
Being belted each week for second tier draft picks will not do anything for the morale of this club.
What we need is for the players to fight it out and slowly turn things around.
They were graet the last couple of years noone can tell me they cant turn it around to be competitive at least.
Being smashed will send us hutling back at a rate of knots into the eighties.
Players need to take pride in their performances and as a group they can turn things around slowly.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:Draft concessions wont come easy.
Being belted each week for second tier draft picks will not do anything for the morale of this club.
What we need is for the players to fight it out and slowly turn things around.
They were graet the last couple of years noone can tell me they cant turn it around to be competitive at least.
Being smashed will send us hutling back at a rate of knots into the eighties.
Players need to take pride in their performances and as a group they can turn things around slowly.
Spot on St Ig.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Happy to do that Tom. All I ask of the players is that they have a real crack ...

Wait a minute ... :roll:

It's a 2 way street. I can cop losing to a better side if we've given it a genuine shot ... but that rubbish on Sunday was just weak. No heart shown at all, a couple of players excepted. They should be embarrassed with that effort.

Ross sure looked embarrased ...
+1

I hope some of those lazy players get belted on the track this week.

Swim a few extra metres at recovery in the COLD ocean.

They need to harden up.

It's their job not some fun pastime.

They are lucky we can't sack them on the spot now as there is no recourse to replace them mid season.

But their time will come and they will fall HARD :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Not quite sure what pulling crowds to games has to do with our 2012 Fixture

If we keep kicking 8-10 goals a game and finish bottom 4, we'll be back on Sunday twilight Foxtel no matter whether we pull 50,000 or 20,000 crowds to our games

Just on the Fixture, I reckon the GF replay will go back to Round 1 next year. Last year Round 13 a drizzly cold Fri night only drew a barely half full MCG. This year looks like being a mismatch of horrendous proportions by the time we get to it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Not quite sure what pulling crowds to games has to do with our 2012 Fixture

If we keep kicking 8-10 goals a game and finish bottom 4, we'll be back on Sunday twilight Foxtel no matter whether we pull 50,000 or 20,000 crowds to our games

Just on the Fixture, I reckon the GF replay will go back to Round 1 next year. Last year Round 13 a drizzly cold Fri night only drew a barely half full MCG. This year looks like being a mismatch of horrendous proportions by the time we get to it
Can we forfeit? :lol: :idea:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Not quite sure what pulling crowds to games has to do with our 2012 FixtureIf we keep kicking 8-10 goals a game and finish bottom 4, we'll be back on Sunday twilight Foxtel no matter whether we pull 50,000 or 20,000 crowds to our games

Its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Crowds & TV audiences = $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ask Mr Demetriou !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saint66au wrote:Not quite sure what pulling crowds to games has to do with our 2012 FixtureIf we keep kicking 8-10 goals a game and finish bottom 4, we'll be back on Sunday twilight Foxtel no matter whether we pull 50,000 or 20,000 crowds to our games

Ask Mr Demetriou !!
Yep and thats why you get 1.2 Billion for TV rights and nearly all the best young kids in most parts of Australia wanting to play our great game. The TV rights equals great pay to the players.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Ask Mr Demetriou !!
Yep and thats why you get 1.2 Billion for TV rights and nearly all the best young kids in most parts of Australia wanting to play our great game. The TV rights equals great pay to the players.
Thats a different arguement alltogether. 17 year old kids DON'T control the FIXture. If you want to go down that path, how many other execs have had a salary increase from $400,000 to over $2Mill in 5 years for doing the same job? !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Ask Mr Demetriou !!
Thats a different arguement alltogether. 17 year old kids DON'T control the FIXture. If you want to go down that path, how many other execs have had a salary increase from $400,000 to over $2Mill in 5 years for doing the same job? !!
I would think many if the profits increase. As for the fixture, the AFL have said it is about maximizing attendances. What ever way you do the fixture it is unfair unless we play 34 games next year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Ask Mr Demetriou !!
I would think many if the profits increase. As for the fixture, the AFL have said it is about maximizing attendances. What ever way you do the fixture it is unfair unless we play 34 games next year.
BUT as your hero, Mr Demetriou likes to bang on about, the AFL is a NOT FOR PROFIT organisation.

That of course doesn't mean they can't make a profit, but it should also follow that the CEO doesn't get a 500% pay rise is 5 years either!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Ask Mr Demetriou !!
BUT as your hero, Mr Demetriou likes to bang on about, the AFL is a NOT FOR PROFIT organisation.

That of course doesn't mean they can't make a profit, but it should also follow that the CEO doesn't get a 500% pay rise is 5 years either!
I suppose you can be positive about the best run competition in Australia or think everything they do is wrong even though the game just gets bigger and bigger. They make bigger profits which then go back into the game. Maybe that is to hard to understand for some.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'd be happy to give up the Friday night games.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Before YOU give up on 2011.....!!

joffaboy wrote:
All games will be live on Foxtel next year.

Why should I go out and watch us get belted when I can do it from the comfort of my lounge room?

Can only have your devotion unrequited for so long before you admit that it isn't worth it.
You prefer to watch it on television? Personally, I can't stand watching the game on television. The commentary is unprofessional, it is broken up by advertising, you can't smell the grass, hear the crowd, feel the emotion, smell the piss...

If we get belted, you don't have fellow supporters around you to commiserate with. What a dull experience.

Each to their own, I guess...

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

couldnt care less. i go to every game anyway.

buy foxtel if your not happy with next years fixture. problem solved

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Foxtel will kill the long term growth of our game. It is still and always will be a small market and with internet tv will be gone in a decade. If Dimmy wanted to build his brand he would have demanded extra free to air coverage and taken less money now. Dumb and short sighted stuffing the coffers for current book balancing to justify pay bonuses. Big business started it, government followed and now the afl wants in.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Foxtel will kill the long term growth of our game. It is still and always will be a small market and with internet tv will be gone in a decade. If Dimmy wanted to build his brand he would have demanded extra free to air coverage and taken less money now. Dumb and short sighted stuffing the coffers for current book balancing to justify pay bonuses. Big business started it, government followed and now the afl wants in.
The thing is the free to air stations dont want extra games, they want the games that give you ratings so there wasnt much choice. Also it may be a small market but most people who have it love sport.