2012 Starts now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:Gone as in delisted and afl careers over
Baker, Blake,mcqualter, Clarke, dumpster, kosi

Dempster was one if our few 4 quarter players today.
Dempster was awful today, utterly awful. His amount of direct turn overs for Hawk goals was embarrassing - slow mo decision making, treacle run and carry and the amount of times he hung on to the ball only to have it half smothered for a turn over left me shaking my head.

This guy is in the side cause Ross likes him - nothing more.

IF Lynch can't come in and at least break even (minus the turn overs) of a Dempster I'll go hee.
Did you get to the game today because he was easily in our best 6. Sometimes people need to watch the game and not remember the name.
Yer I was at the game.

IF Dempster was top 6 we are in total dissaray - I sense you're ok with that, Im not.

The guys mistakes/turn overs time and again were a joke. Decision making and basic disposal is rooted -not to mention NO run (he tried this several times and was run down....hes never gonna be an attacking defender thats for sure..)

The fact you thought he was good today says more bout you than anything.

Time to get your eyes checked....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Dempster was awful today, utterly awful. His amount of direct turn overs for Hawk goals was embarrassing - slow mo decision making, treacle run and carry and the amount of times he hung on to the ball only to have it half smothered for a turn over left me shaking my head.

IF Lynch can't come in and at least break even (minus the turn overs) of a Dempster I'll go hee.
Did you get to the game today because he was easily in our best 6. Sometimes people need to watch the game and not remember the name.
Yer I was at the game.

IF Dempster was top 6 we are in total dissaray - I sense you're ok with that, Im not.

The guys mistakes/turn overs time and again were a joke. Decision making and basic disposal is rooted -not to mention NO run (he tried this several times and was run down....hes never gonna be an attacking defender thats for sure..)

You have convinced me. He was terrible today. But he was easily in our best 6. Maybe you should check out the votes because it seems we have a few here who need their eyes checked.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Yer I was at the game.

You have convinced me. He was terrible today. But he was easily in our best 6. Maybe you should check out the votes because it seems we have a few here who need their eyes checked.
On a day like today you don't necessarily need to be good to be in the "best 6" :wink:

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

WE need to find out who can play.

The horrible reality is that whatever youngsters we have picked up in last year's draft and those we'll pick up in this years draft will take three years to mature, and the bulk of our better players are between 27 and 30. This means that when our new guys mature, our current regulars will be either gone or almost gone. The gaping hole in our list will take years to fill.

From what I've heard, our coaches are very confident that the following players have what it takes:

Cripps
Crocker
Curren
Siposs
Ledger
Ferguson

They also think Winmar has the raw ability, but I'm not sure if his heart is at St Kilda.

If they are right in their assessment of these guys, then the real issue for 2012 to 2014 is key position players and ruckmen

Currently we have:

Dawson - C grade
Riewoldt - A Grade, 28 years old
Koschitzke - B Grade 28 years old
Archer - D Grade
Johnson - D Grade
Stanley - C Grade
McEvoy - C Grade currently, potential for B Grade
Walsh - B Grade

God help us if none of those players improve from 2012.

There may be the need to take some drastic action during the trade period, and for the first time in many years the club may need to consider trading one of it's highly rated senior players.

WE have hit the wall, and a major rebuild is required. The drafting from 2004 to 2009 is now biting us firmly on the arse.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:WE need to find out who can play.

The horrible reality is that whatever youngsters we have picked up in last year's draft and those we'll pick up in this years draft will take three years to mature, and the bulk of our better players are between 27 and 30. This means that when our new guys mature, our current regulars will be either gone or almost gone. The gaping hole in our list will take years to fill.

From what I've heard, our coaches are very confident that the following players have what it takes:

Cripps
Crocker
Curren
Siposs
Ledger
Ferguson

They also think Winmar has the raw ability, but I'm not sure if his heart is at St Kilda.

If they are right in their assessment of these guys, then the real issue for 2012 to 2014 is key position players and ruckmen

Currently we have:

Dawson - C grade
Archer - D Grade
Johnson - D Grade
Stanley - C Grade
Walsh - B Grade

There may be the need to take some drastic action during the trade period, and for the first time in many years the club may need to consider trading one of it's highly rated senior players.

WE have hit the wall, and a major rebuild is required. The drafting from 2004 to 2009 is now biting us firmly on the arse.

Good post...food for thought

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:WE need to find out who can play.

Cripps
Crocker
Curren
Siposs
Ledger
Ferguson

Currently we have:

Dawson - C grade
Archer - D Grade
Johnson - D Grade
Stanley - C Grade
Walsh - B Grade

Walsh B grade, Surely you are joking. Kosi B grade another joke. Anyway talls arent the problem. Our midfield is where games are won and lost. This year the mids have been terrible and we arre losing. Previous years the mids were strong and we won. We need more mids if we are going to improve but like you said it takes 3 years for the young guys to come on. To late for our current stars then.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think we need quality mids and quality talls so it might take longer than we'd like....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Walsh B grade, Surely you are joking. Kosi B grade another joke. Anyway talls arent the problem. Our midfield is where games are won and lost. This year the mids have been terrible and we arre losing. Previous years the mids were strong and we won. We need more mids if we are going to improve but like you said it takes 3 years for the young guys to come on. To late for our current stars then.
You're right plugger but I'm not as pessimistic. This year is gone - no doubt - but I think that by next year we'll have better midfield options.

Armo as an inside mid will be better, Cripps will come on, I reckon Ledger will be in the senior team, Lenny will be back, Smith will be improved, we'll have a top 10 draft pick and a raft of other recruits some of whom may be ready to go.

I also think that Lynch and Simpkin will have replaced Baker and Blake in the back line. These aren't kids - they're young players with 50 odd games vfl experience.

It's not time to jump off a bridge just yet.