Our forward line is a disgrace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ajer
Club Player

Our forward line is a disgrace

Just taking a look at ladder. We are the second worst scoring team in the competition with 536 pts from our 7 games, with only the Gold Coast on 531 who are lower. The winless Lions are on 564 points.

We also scored to consolation goals in the final minute of todays game when the game was done and dusted, so could quite easily have been ranked #17 for scoring had that not happened. To of scored 5 more points than Gold Coast at this stage of the season is a disgrace.

I reckon we need to start recruiting good players who know how to score, it will be one step to solving the problem.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

our fwd line aint good. but sheesh. what did we have today?
like no fwd 50s in 3 quarters. i think we went an hour where the ball never went past half way.
so who knows. our fwd line must just get bored. maybe we should let them take ipods on the ground from now on.

realdeal
Club Player

Re: Our forward line is a disgrace

Ajer wrote:Just taking a look at ladder. We are the second worst scoring team in the competition with 536 pts from our 7 games, with only the Gold Coast on 531 who are lower. The winless Lions are on 564 points.

We also scored to consolation goals in the final minute of todays game when the game was done and dusted, so could quite easily have been ranked #17 for scoring had that not happened. To of scored 5 more points than Gold Coast at this stage of the season is a disgrace.

I reckon we need to start recruiting good players who know how to score, it will be one step to solving the problem.
Change 'fwd line' to 'our midfield' and I think you'll be onto something.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

realdeal wrote:
Ajer wrote:Just taking a look at ladder. We are the second worst scoring team in the competition with 536 pts from our 7 games, with only the Gold Coast on 531 who are lower. The winless Lions are on 564 points.

+100000

Our midfield is just not up to it at the moment. 2 inside 50s in the second quarter. TWO!!!

BallBanger
Club Player

Our forwards/midfield/rucks/backs all not up to it...

How did we make the grand final and what have we been drafting/trading...

Who what have we done with our 1st 3 draft picks each year over the last several yrs???

sick of trading no one gives away a potentail gun unless given more than their worth

SaintWal
Club Player

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
realdeal wrote:

+100000

Our midfield is just not up to it at the moment. 2 inside 50s in the second quarter. TWO!!!
+ More