The "Time to go" thread...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wraiyth
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
wraiyth wrote:Thought Dempster was good today, I wouldn't be stamping his papers anytime soon.
Are you serious...

Watch the match again... Especially the last quarter... EVERY single possession in the last resulted in a Hawk score...

Probably the worst individual peformance of the year...

Joke of a player, joke of a post...

Just get rid of this enormous waste of space dud...

:roll: :evil:
Goddard was poor today. Lets dump him.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

deleted
Last edited by joffaboy on Sun 15 May 2011 5:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

wraiyth wrote:Goddard was poor today. Lets dump him.
Yeah, the truth hurts... there was at least one media comparison of Goddard to Hodge, asking which of them would fire. Well - it sure wasn't Goddard.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

McQualter and Jones aren't AFL players. Dempster tried his guys out and did some good things but he's just so dumb when he gets the footy. Shouldn't be playing ahea of Lynch or Simpkin. Bakes should get his 200th and retire. Poor old Blakey is done; can do a job but is holding the kids back.

What we desperately need is a few fast midfielders who can win clearances and kick properly. Ledger looks like he could be one and Cripps may be when he bulks up a bit. Smith deserves some more time as well.

But we really did lose the heart and soul of the team when Lenny went down. Fisher continues to stand up but that's the only ounce of leadership anyone in the side has shown. Roo is sulking, Goddard is miles off, Dal Santo can't break the hard tag every week and Montagna is in and out of form. McEvoy is doing everything right except win taps...his contested marking and second efforts are superb, he just doesn't have the strength, timing or leap to give us first use.

My team for the rest of the year

B: Gwilt, Dawson, Simpkin
HB: Gram, Walsh, Fisher
C: Smith, Armitage, Montagna
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Steven
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Siposs

Foll: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Goddard
Int: Ray, Gilbert, Lynch, Ledger

Emg: Stanley, Cripps, Archer

Bye bye: Baker, McQualter, Jones, Dempster, Blake, Peake, Eddy, Gamble

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
sasaint wrote:Midfield coaching department should be sacked.
Yeah, that friggin' hack Harvey! Dump him!
He's not untouchable.

Our clearance and general midfield work is shamefully s***.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
wraiyth wrote:Thought Dempster was good today, I wouldn't be stamping his papers anytime soon.
Are you serious...

Watch the match again... Especially the last quarter... EVERY single possession in the last resulted in a Hawk score...

Agree with the person who said Dempster was good. Easily in our best 6 but lets just say the same names are no good and should go.
Yep agree with both of you - Dempster far from their worst today

Stand your ground :shock:
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Ross has taken us to two Grand Finals., but he had SOS and Tudor helping him. O wonder how much of the credit for our success should go to them and not Ross?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

And how good was Polo today? Is he worth keeping at the end of the year?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:And how good was Polo today? Is he worth keeping at the end of the year?
I would get rid of him. He has had one chance to show us something. That is plenty.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would have thought with him playing well for 20 minutes last week, that Polo would have been the perfect choice for a sub......

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:And how good was Polo today? Is he worth keeping at the end of the year?
He showed that he's a better option than Mini but he'll never be a gun. Hold onto him for now as backup, but I don't think he'll play 50 games for St Kilda

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:
He's not untouchable.

Quoted for truth! Our midfield has been just horrible all year, we have been smashed in the clearances week in week out. Some of this can be attributed to losing Lenny, but our positioning is just terrible. There is no blocking or helping out, every one is just see ball get ball, if it spills out there is generally 3 loose opposition players running goal ward and unmarked

Ajantis
Club Player

With tudor and silvagni not with st.kilda anymore and all the off feild stuff, it really has taken is toll.

But i also have to questions st.kildas performance around the ground, they seem to just kick it, with no intent or direction, what happenned to our fast/furious handballs i saw a few years ago. What happenned to playing in front ? There are lots of differences i see now, which either mean a totally different game plan, and i think that plan is in early stages with st.kilda 2011.

sasaint
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Thinline wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:
He's not untouchable.

Quoted for truth! Our midfield has been just horrible all year, we have been smashed in the clearances week in week out. Some of this can be attributed to losing Lenny, but our positioning is just terrible. There is no blocking or helping out, every one is just see ball get ball, if it spills out there is generally 3 loose opposition players running goal ward and unmarked
Can't afford sacred cows now. If you don't perform please move on.

(PS, there are more roles that an icon of the club can play then midfield coach. Fitness coach?)

ThePunter
Club Player

One of the first names mentioned is Jason Blake.

If Jason Blake had played today instead of almost anybody in the side who did play we would have been better because his effort would have been complete and entire.

I couldn't care a bloody stuff about talented wastes who run around like they are on holiday, but I know when 27 runs out for St Kilda the team is getting all he has.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Are you serious...

Agree with the person who said Dempster was good. Easily in our best 6 but lets just say the same names are no good and should go.
Yep agree with both of you - Dempster far from their worst today
Agreed.

and in quite a unique fashion, actually played 4 quarters of football.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yep, thought Dempster our best player after Chips til 1/2 time. Faded a little after that, along with 20 others though

Drifted forward for a nice long goal in junk time,but sadly like many of his teammates couldnt hit a barn door from 30m when the games on the line

Definate pass for the last 2 weeks

Mini being subbed off at half time adfter being unsighted would not bode well for him Id reckon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dempster got a fair bit of the footy, an that was his problem. He put in some good defensive efforts and tried hard, but he just kept of turning it over. Him getting so much of the footy was largely Hawthorn's doing. They left him loose when we had possession so they had a player free to capitalize once he turned it over.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

In reality, you can turn over about 6 players at the end of the season.
I can see at least 3 retirements at some point this year, Baker, Blake and Gardiner.
Of the others, well first on the hit list McQualter, has no value to the side.
2) Peake, can play a bit but just inconsistent, maybe if we had got him younger we may have been a better player.
3) Is a toss up, Raph, who sadly hasn't recaptured his form since he did his hamstring last year; Gamble, just didn't work and Gram, does not go in for the hard ball.
Which one of these goes will be up to how they respond for the rest of the season, if they really want to play for the club, then they will bust their guts to stay on the list.
I remember Frankie Peckett responding to such a challenge and to his credit he earned his right to stay on the list.
I respected him immensely for that.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

ATM Meher Baba, that would make you an attractive draft proposition. You'd beat quite a few of the incumbents in a foot race.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Without prejudice, as some have been magnificent servants. Baker, Blake, Peake, McQualter, Clarke, Gardiner(will retire), Geary. More than 7 and list management becomes an issue. We could, though, have 3 rookie upgrades at the end of the year. Archer, Walsh and the hidden gem, the boy from Mt.Eliza, Tommy Curren.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

In reality not all of these players can be delisted. There just isn't going to be value in the back end of the draft to be worth the exercise.

What we need is to secure as many trades for draft picks as is practical. There may be some bloodletting but it can't all be done in one year.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Or we find good uncontracted players and secure them in the internal draft.
In all honesty our last big draft coup was Gehrig and Hammill.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Or we find good uncontracted players and secure them in the internal draft.
In all honesty our last big draft coup was Gehrig and Hammill.
Unless the club honestly think we have one last crack left, which I certainly dont, then lets not get any players from other clubs for at least 3 years.

goddardisgod
Club Player

You're able to probably take 7 picks in the national draft without trading.

4 young draftees
1 Mature age player/Pre Season draft pick
2 Promoted rookies

If we traded for picks in the 40s, we could take more young draftees.

So if Blake, Baker and Gardiner retire, we can have 4 delistings.

Who's off the chopping block?

Mini? Dempster? Clarke? Cahill? Kosi? Geary? Peake? Gamble? Polo?