I need a rant

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

I need a rant

as 12 years of being a stkilda supporter, 5 years a member,
im saddned by what stkilda has done this year, how can a team that played in 3 grand finals go so bad?
we cant all ban Kim Duthie for this can we?
we have to start looking at ourselves, stkilda as a club wont win a flag for ages.... Goddard what is wrong with you!
riewoldt, gram,gilbert,dempster,mcq,dawson.
we have no ruckman, thats obvious!

SainterX
Club Player

Nick definitely needs to spend less time on waxing his pills and more time on improving his skills :lol:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Nick definitely needs to spend less time on waxing his pills and more time on improving his skills :lol:
That is the funniest thing I have ever read in all the time on this forum :lol:

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Am coming over to Melbourne this coming weekend from WA and the way we are going Melbourne will beat us. I am so disappointed. Like a lot of us on here I have been a Saints fan for over 40 years. It is real hard work sometimes being a Saint. Hang in there. This year is shot, so definitely some players should be given farewell games and move them on. Unfortunately there are a few in the squad who will not get any better. We do have too many front runners.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

wasoncestkil58 wrote:Am coming over to Melbourne this coming weekend from WA and the way we are going Melbourne will beat us. I am so disappointed. Like a lot of us on here I have been a Saints fan for over 40 years. It is real hard work sometimes being a Saint. Hang in there. This year is shot, so definitely some players should be given farewell games and move them on. Unfortunately there are a few in the squad who will not get any better. We do have too many front runners.
-Blake
-Baker
-Gardiner

Then Go On from there stkilda there the lot you should retire first....

mullet
Saintsational Legend

wasoncestkil58 wrote:Am coming over to Melbourne this coming weekend from WA and the way we are going Melbourne will beat us. I am so disappointed. Like a lot of us on here I have been a Saints fan for over 40 years. It is real hard work sometimes being a Saint. Hang in there. This year is shot, so definitely some players should be given farewell games and move them on. Unfortunately there are a few in the squad who will not get any better. We do have too many front runners.
Still plenty to see even if we dont win next week. Barracked for them all my life. Nearly 50 years. But there is more to life than football.

Enjoy your weekend next week but rug up, bloody cold over here :D

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: I need a rant

Ralphy wrote:as 12 years of being a stkilda supporter, 5 years a member,
And you are whinging?

FFS there are some here that saw the Saitns win one game a season. 4 wooden spoons in a row.

You have been privileged so stop you whining. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
SainterX wrote:Nick definitely needs to spend less time on waxing his pills and more time on improving his skills :lol:
That is the funniest thing I have ever read in all the time on this forum :lol:
Yeah...it was good :lol: :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
busso mick
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
And you are whinging?

FFS there are some here that saw the Saitns win one game a season. 4 wooden spoons in a row.

I remember in the 1980's following the Saints and Subiaco when they both won on the same weekend. It was like a dream as I think it only happened once in 5 years.

Compared to then we are sitting pretty now. Old time Sainters will know what to do, the young ones who have been seduced by our recent success - hang tough :!:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
-Blake
-Baker
-Gardiner

Then Go On from there stkilda there the lot you should retire first....
Blake and Gardi were shocking today. Contributed nothing: if they weren't in the team next week we wouldn't notice the difference.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
mullet
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
And you are whinging?

Yep I thought the same thing, but he must be just a kid. Ah the 80's those were the days. At least we had the disco :shock:

SainterX
Club Player

busso mick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
And you are whinging?

I remember in the 1980's following the Saints and Subiaco when they both won on the same weekend. It was like a dream as I think it only happened once in 5 years.

Compared to then we are sitting pretty now. Old time Sainters will know what to do, the young ones who have been seduced by our recent success - hang tough :!:

This is a great point, there are many old time Sainters who have suffered through very barren times, us youngsters, well some of us youngster-ish can make it through this to better times again :D

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:
busso mick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
And you are whinging?

This is a great point, there are many old time Sainters who have suffered through very barren times, us youngsters, well some of us youngster-ish can make it through this to better times again :D
Yep every time I think I am never going to see a premiership I just look at Dad who is 83 and played with the saints. He saw 66 but played in the 50's for nothing and still hopes to see them win another. He still loves the club so if he can I can

fingers
Saintsational Legend

This team is mentally shot. I understand why. Not an excuse. But they are gone between the ears.

I can't even suggest an answer to it.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

i'm just absolutely broken to be honest.

My brand new five month son has a st kilda dummy which is the ONLY one that will help him settle - and you know what, I'm considering NOT inflicting this team upon him just so he doesn't have to experience what I have.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i need to let it all out before i punch someone in the face

what a pathetic, gutless effort today and i am absolutely disgusted in the lack of effort by the players. we are the laughing stock of the AFL, below GC ffs!
after watching Dawson today im ready to explode. it angers me we have such hacks playing for us. Dawson has to go along with Baker, Schneider, Kosi and Gram. Riewoldt doesnt have to just yet, but he better pull his bloody head in because hes playing like s***. talking about Roo, Gilbert has lot the plot. the whole team has turned into s***.
their making themselves look like morons, and letting us mmbers and supporters down.
Harden the f*** up St. Kilda!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i need to let it all out before i punch someone in the face

what a pathetic, gutless effort today and i am absolutely disgusted in the lack of effort by the players. we are the laughing stock of the AFL, below GC ffs!
after watching Dawson today im ready to explode. it angers me we have such hacks playing for us. Dawson has to go along with Baker, Schneider, Kosi and Gram. Riewoldt doesnt have to just yet, but he better pull his bloody head in because hes playing like s***. talking about Roo, Gilbert has lot the plot. the whole team has turned into s***.
their making themselves look like morons, and letting us mmbers and supporters down.
Sensible post.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I usually don't bag us out....but..... We looked tremendous in the first quarter, and then after some back-slapping, winking, patting each other on the ar$e, we went on to play one of the most disgraceful, lame, heartless 3/4 of football I'd ever witnessed.

I'm not posting any more negatives, I've seen enough already this evening :(

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Joffaboy, do you remember when we did'nt win any games in 40 odd straight matches, yet we still never missed a game at the Junction Oval. Now those were tough times. Especially if you went to a school in a Collingwood - Essendon supporter dominated area.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Oh yeah to all the old sainters, congrats, must feel special. I first became a member in 2000, clearly i wasnt after wins. But i think us "youngsters" have the right to whinge every now and then.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Oh yeah to all the old sainters, congrats, must feel special. I first became a member in 2000, clearly i wasnt after wins. But i think us "youngsters" have the right to whinge every now and then.
the reasons to whinge may well increase weekly from now to seasons end..

At least we can now have a proper pre season......all those new players injected into the club will need all of it to have their flair negated..

what will be the ratio of rejects to youngsters in the off season influx...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

im saddned by what stkilda has done this year, how can a team that played in 3 grand finals go so bad?
we cant all ban Kim Duthie for this can we?
we have to start looking at ourselves, stkilda as a club wont win a flag for ages.... Goddard what is wrong with you!
riewoldt, gram,gilbert,dempster,mcq,dawson.
we have no ruckman, thats obvious!
You've got to be kidding, you have seen the best 5 years this club has put up in 40 years. Lucky you weren't around for the 80's you may have killed yourself.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Gotta love the love and support on here don't ya? Seriously, who is it that really needs to harden the f*** up?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

Gotta love the love and support on here don't ya? Seriously, who is it that really needs to harden the f*** up?
I would say Riewoldt out of that lot, not playing like a captain should. :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."