People off the BJ wagon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

People off the BJ wagon

People have surpised me by how quickly they have jumped off his bandwagon.
The man who was superman in the first Grandfinal and won praise from everyone to ever watch a football game, Called the most complete player in the game and all that jazz.
Now that he is struggling a little bit everyone is off him, Calling him a princess blah blah blah.
You'll all have egg on your faces when he dominates this weekend and reminds everyone just how good he is and forces you all to quickly jump back on before its too full.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

not me. :evil:

bj is legend.

is st kilda.
Last edited by asiu on Fri 13 May 2011 1:24am, edited 1 time in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Just an untimely rough patch. He'll be right.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If it was up to me Jake, I wouldn't give them a chance to get back on 8-)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Never jumped off it.

I still have the #18 on the back of my Saints jumper.

A temporary slump in form. Hopefully Brendan "Jean-Luc" Goddard will be directing more masterpices onfield and have his dolly shots back on track by leaving us "Breathless" once again.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

All the best this week Brendan.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Still think he should be FF this week, if only for short periods - hawks have no one to stay with him. Leave him in the square, Roo up the ground...

Am putting BJ as SC captain as I'm sure he'll fire right up

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If it was up to me Jake, I wouldn't give them a chance to get back on 8-)
Hilarious.

BJ gets paid a bucketload.

He hasn't played to his level in any of six games now.

I'd be delighted if he performs this weekend.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BJ showed signs of a turnaround in form during the 2nd half last week. If he can build on that he will be back in form real soon !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SainterK wrote:If it was up to me Jake, I wouldn't give them a chance to get back on 8-)
Hilarious.

Does BJ have a "mustn't lose form" clause in that highly paid contract of his :?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I love the Beej. Should be skipper IMO.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... after lenny.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:not me. :evil:

bj is legend.

is st kilda.

+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spert
Saintsational Legend

He needs to lift- but is in a slump and he is only human and I'm sure he will turn the corner. BJ is still one of the handful of AFL elite players and earned that ranking. I think that RL needs to settle him in one position and leave him there for a while...maybe FF?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Hilarious.

Myth.

Apart from the two games where copped heavy attention from Delidio and Gibbs, his year hasn't started off much different to last.

2010 23, 29, 25, 21, 20, 27

2011 22, 15, 28, 26, 21, 16

His form and high disposal games came later in the year.

Average tackles though are up to 5.3 from 3.5 last year.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

He's been down,but he hasn't been terrible like half the people make out.

People are expecting GF1 performances from him every second week now. Not going to happen,his and Lenny's game were the best 'non Lockett' games I've ever seen played for the club that day

Bring back the Lockett era
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the stats SainterK

I know they are reasonable by number, but it's the effect and the vibe he has had the is the clincher.

BJ wears his heart on his sleeve, and as such stands out a lot more than others.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Hilarious.

Myth.

Apart from the two games where copped heavy attention from Delidio and Gibbs, his year hasn't started off much different to last.

2010 23, 29, 25, 21, 20, 27

2011 22, 15, 28, 26, 21, 16

His form and high disposal games came later in the year.

Average tackles though are up to 5.3 from 3.5 last year.
players like BJ can rack up stats like that until the cows come home and make it look easy. What about the more details breakdown such as contested possesions, hard ball gets and in particular the stages of the game the stat was recorded. Goddard looked reasonable on paper last week but only probably put in for 1 maybe two quarters. He wasn't alone but seriously if you are going to blindly and subjectively say he is doing his bit then...well so be it, however the fact is BJ is costing us games at the moment, again, he's not alone.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Thanks for the stats SainterK

I know they are reasonable by number, but it's the effect and the vibe he has had the is the clincher.

BJ wears his heart on his sleeve, and as such stands out a lot more than others.
And another thing, it drives me farking crazy hearing the excuse "oh it's because he wears his heart on his sleave"

Have you ever worked with a guy that is talented at his job but is a highly strung, moody, sulky, competitive sack of sh1t. You probably know the personality profile I'm talking about. Usually not good for overal team performance in the workplace.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman wrote:

And another thing, it drives me farking crazy hearing the excuse "oh it's because he wears his heart on his sleave"

Have you ever worked with a guy that is talented at his job but is a highly strung, moody, sulky, competitive sack of sh1t. You probably know the personality profile I'm talking about. Usually not good for overal team performance in the workplace.
Yep it's terrible to play sport with someone who wants to win. I'd much rather someone shrug their shoulders and give a 'meh'.

Talented & driven. I'll take that anyday over talent & lazy

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:

I'd much rather someone shrug their shoulders and give a 'meh'.

I think 'meh' is the debate with Goddard at the moment. No question about talent whatsoever but he certainly appears to being giving of the 'meh' look.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Yep it's terrible to play sport with someone who wants to win. I'd much rather someone shrug their shoulders and give a 'meh'.

to say that goddard is back/"doing the same thing as alst year" OR put in a good second half to me is stretching things by a long way
get yourself a copy of the dying seconds of the carlton game with the fisher kick down the side line. The ball was up for grabs out of the pack, carrazo gathers beats the goddard attempts to smother the handball, fails to do so. Ok that happens but the next bit to me was telling. He just gave up. Carrazzo runs on accepts another handball and then passes to sets up the winning goal.
Now Im NOT saying he cost us the game. NDS was nearby as well(but he did put in for four quarters). But a never say die player would have at least chased. Meh
I think he also touched on another issue that bothers me. His attitude to his fellow team mates. He mentioend on TFS that he has asked them if it is a problem, refering to his berating them. Ok he said he got confirmation it wasnt a problem. But you cant imagine players at the bottom of the list sticking their hand up with a complaint.

Seeya
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

to say that goddard is back/"doing the same thing as alst year" OR put in a good second half to me is stretching things by a long way
get yourself a copy of the dying seconds of the carlton game with the fisher kick down the side line. The ball was up for grabs out of the pack, carrazo gathers beats the goddard attempts to smother the handball, fails to do so. Ok that happens but the next bit to me was telling. He just gave up. Carrazzo runs on accepts another handball and then passes to sets up the winning goal.
Now Im NOT saying he cost us the game. NDS was nearby as well(but he did put in for four quarters). But a never say die player would have at least chased. Meh
I think he also touched on another issue that bothers me. His attitude to his fellow team mates. He mentioend on TFS that he has asked them if it is a problem, refering to his berating them. Ok he said he got confirmation it wasnt a problem. But you cant imagine players at the bottom of the list sticking their hand up with a complaint.
I seem to remember a really good coach once say that during a 120 minute football match a player might have the ball in his hands for a total of just 2 minutes, yet it was just as important how the player contributed for the other 118 minutes. Has anyone got the stats for how Goddard contributes in these periods of a game?

Furphy
Club Player

BJ was also giving the cats a towling in the '09 GF until he broke his nose in a "friendly fire" incident. Geelong got right back into the game after that.