Mathew Lloyd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

If only someone would attach a pair of concrete shoes onto Lloydy and then throw him into a giant vat of Sub Zero.

I can't believe I applauded that gumball at the 2009 GF when he was doing a lap of honour amongst other retired players before the game. To come to think of it, I was applauding to keep my hands warm because it was such a cold day.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Blight is funny

Lloyd is dumb......

Lane a flog.....

asaint
Club Player

commentators

If you are going to commentate at least have your facts right. Pls can someone let David Parkin know that Lenny is not 33 but in fact 31? He was saying last night that he will never play again as he is 33. Is the guy senile???

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: commentators

asaint wrote:If you are going to commentate at least have your facts right. Pls can someone let David Parkin know that Lenny is not 33 but in fact 31? He was saying last night that he will never play again as he is 33. Is the guy senile???
argh... parkin is a terrible special comments caller. i remember last year before the first collingwood game early in the season he said "duh... gee... it would be a huge loss for st.kilda if nick riewoldt were to get injured". low and behold, he does his hamstring about half an hour later :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bozza1980
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Excellent judge of footy Lloyd. At half time he said the Blues would pull away and win comfortably.

I suppose loosing a 30 point lead and coming from behind in the last two minutes to win by three points could be called a comfortable win. :roll:
Last year in the first match against the doggies at half time (a half that had produced 3-4 goals) he predicted the doggies would win by 6 goals.

That said, I think when he's not trying to make big calls he is actually becoming a pretty good special comments man.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

If you are a serial f*** wit, with a droll voice and a personality vacuum you are a shoe in for channel 10 commentary roles.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:If you are a serial f*** wit, with a droll voice and a personality vacuum you are a shoe in for channel 10 commentary roles.
the worst special comments man that I have ever heard was Jimmy Stynes when he use to commentate on Ch7. He was a shocker.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I can remember years ago when Lloyd was the gun FF of the league, always been worried he would one day break Plugger's record.

Thankfully, about 2004, when the bombers started sliding, I realized he had no chance.

Both Lloyd and Dunstall(the latter who was a top player) would gave struggled in average sides.

Plugger's greatest legacy - as Banger always referenced - was his ability to kick bags in a sometimes average side.

The big fella remains, in my eyes, not only St.Kilda's greatest player but the greatest in the game's history...

PS - when I get back on the computer - am doing this on the iPod - I'm gonna post a thread titled ' Memories of 1978' and write about that season how I recall it, and what might've been. I'm the older people here will have similar fond memories.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Credit where it's due, Lloyd from on or just outside the arc was a pretty remarkable kick.

I must have uttered "And now he'll go and f****** kick this, won't he..." dozens upon dozens of times and most of the time my worst fears were realised. Straight through...

Dunstall was of my era and all, but I simply don't have any recollections of him of note...

But whatever, they weren't a patch on the big guy. IMO.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: commentators

asaint wrote:If you are going to commentate at least have your facts right. Pls can someone let David Parkin know that Lenny is not 33 but in fact 31? He was saying last night that he will never play again as he is 33. Is the guy senile???
Yep Parkin is a shocker, arrogant and rude to boot. He just dotes - like the rest of the media - over the WB (and Carlton)
Stopped watching AFL Teams Thur on Fox when he's on

Stand your ground :shock:
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Tim Lane: Complete and utter noob.

Malcom Blight: Head so far up his own arse he's in to his ankles.

Mathew Lloyd: Learning the craft and may have been overly harsh on Roo this w/e, but I have heard him speak in glowing terms about Riewoldt many times, seems to genuinely admire him, and compared to the older generation of commentators I believe he brings something fresh. Also not a bad player.

Anthony Hudson: Was good on radio in the old days as Rex Hunts sideman on 3aw but has become increasingly worse as anchorman on 10 and crossed the line into noobsville when he ran onto the ground after the '09 GF and celebrated with the Geelong players.

Bruce: Gay.

Commeti: Becoming increasingly gay the longer he works with Bruce.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
spert
Saintsational Legend

I saw Blight play footy, and I reckon he has all the creds in the world -wierd, but talks the truth. Lloyd is a player who played in a top team and other than that talks jibberish.. Aussie Jones is great -I reckon he is a future Saints coach. Don't knock Tony Shaw, he has put in good words for Sainters who are playing well.