Dangerous acts during a football match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

suss
Club Player

Dangerous acts during a football match

I noticed that Joey got a week for touching up the injured Carlton player - probably fair enough - but did anyone else notice C Judd deliberately push David Armitage head first into a contest last night? When the Juddster realized that Armo was going to beat him to he ball he decided to make sure Armo was going to get hurt - and he did - he was totally out of the game for at least 5 minutes.

It looks like Juddy has a new string to his bow to go along with the eye gouging, pressure point technique and the sharpest elbows in the business.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Collingwood have been doing this noticeably over the past two years - pushing opponents into marking contests. Great tactic.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dangerous acts during a football match

suss wrote:I noticed that Joey got a week for touching up the injured Carlton player - probably fair enough - but did anyone else notice C Judd deliberately push David Armitage head first into a contest last night? When the Juddster realized that Armo was going to beat him to he ball he decided to make sure Armo was going to get hurt - and he did - he was totally out of the game for at least 5 minutes.

It looks like Juddy has a new string to his bow to go along with the eye gouging, pressure point technique and the sharpest elbows in the business.
And two Brownlows.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

a arsehole is still an arsehole...brownlows or not...look at brad hardie ffs.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:a arsehole is still an arsehole...brownlows or not...look at brad hardie ffs.... :roll:
What about the 1990 winner?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

The most dangerous thing I've ever seen on a footy field is a defender filling the gap between the ball and Plugger on a lead.

Just ask Peter Caven.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:a arsehole is still an arsehole...brownlows or not...look at brad hardie ffs.... :roll:
You wouldn't be saying that if he was in red, white and black.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
...wrong.....we have had some arseholes on our list...one just recently...didn't pull on a jumper in anger though....so...once more you misjudge me :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
...wrong.....we have had some arseholes on our list...one just recently...didn't pull on a jumper in anger though....so...once more you misjudge me :wink:
Easy to say, but you'd love him in a Saints premiership team as we all would.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Obviously you have met Judd. Can you tell us from that why you dont like him.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:The most dangerous thing I've ever seen on a footy field is a defender filling the gap between the ball and Plugger on a lead.

Just ask Peter Caven.
I will argue till my dying day that Caven was entirely to blame . He should not have been in the road. Plugger had no chance of stopping

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:The most dangerous thing I've ever seen on a footy field is a defender filling the gap between the ball and Plugger on a lead.

Just ask Peter Caven.
I will argue till my dying day that Caven was entirely to blame . He should not have been in the road. Plugger had no chance of stopping
I agree, the Mothers Day massacre was a beat up and Craven was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:

Just ask Peter Caven.
true......i was about ten metres from it...in a direct line...i thought plugger had killed him.....he went up to the umpire at half time...who apparently said he was in the clear...i thought he was too...until i saw the replay on the tellie..... :cry: :cry:

craven caven was running the same way as the ball was travelling..looking over his shoulder...plugger was running like a raging bull to take the mark......it was his first game back.....and the first game between the swannies and the saints at the scg after the pig incident the year before....plugger was copping it from the crowd...and the first two passes to him were ill directed.....plugger was getting more and more agitated....he nearly killed robbie neill in the same match...and but for the grace of god would have decapitated that white haired arsehole who later became his greatest fan...one of the best matches i have ever seen too.....unfortunately..he played too well and that forced barrassi to conspire with the afl to steal him from under our noses.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

suss
Club Player

Re: Dangerous acts during a football match

Bernard Shakey wrote:
suss wrote:I noticed that Joey got a week for touching up the injured Carlton player - probably fair enough - but did anyone else notice C Judd deliberately push David Armitage head first into a contest last night? When the Juddster realized that Armo was going to beat him to he ball he decided to make sure Armo was going to get hurt - and he did - he was totally out of the game for at least 5 minutes.

And two Brownlows.
Totally and utterly irrelevant but otherwise that's a poignant observation. :roll: :roll:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The s*** act that wasn't reported was when an umpire called Goddard for ducking into a tackle and I think it was Waite hipped him in the head while he was bent down to pick up the ball. Goddard moved his head sideways to avoid being compacted- ducking (only sideways)? Was a genuinely dangerous act, but the MRP helped their mates in the green by not focusing on it and no announcer or media made a circus so nothing.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, the ump could be heard saying to BJ that he ducked his head.

How that waite maggot didnt get rubbed out for his kick to the balls in RD 1 is still beyond me.
And Trengrove gets 3 weeks for basically nothing!!

I watched the second half replay the other day and the Milney incident mentioned in other threads - a free every day of the week, especially compared to the one waite gets a few minutes later.

I reckon we lost this game because once we hit the front, we dithered about and didnt go full on for the next goal that would've iced it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The s*** act that wasn't reported was when an umpire called Goddard for ducking into a tackle and I think it was Waite hipped him in the head while he was bent down to pick up the ball. Goddard moved his head sideways to avoid being compacted- ducking (only sideways)? Was a genuinely dangerous act, but the MRP helped their mates in the green by not focusing on it and no announcer or media made a circus so nothing.
that's a pretty fair comment....

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:

Just ask Peter Caven.
Plugger raised his forearm and that did him. If he had of hit him with the arm tucked it then he would have been fine (and done just as much damage). Brave/Stupid act by Caven...but a forearm/elbow to the head will always be reportable.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
stevie wrote:

Just ask Peter Caven.
Plugger raised his forearm and that did him. If he had of hit him with the arm tucked it then he would have been fine (and done just as much damage). Brave/Stupid act by Caven...but a forearm/elbow to the head will always be reportable.
once i saw the video..i knew he was gone....