Tom LYNCH & Nick HEYNE???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Lynch will be a good player for us, not sure about Heyne. He has a ton of ability, but needs to work much harder.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Lynch will be a good player for us, not sure about Heyne. He has a ton of ability, but needs to work much harder.

can't argue with that.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:what about johnston and cahill
I really don't know about those guys. The problem is that they play positions that require immense talent, and if you don't absolutely dominate the VFL as a marking forward then you're probably not going to make it in the AFL. I like Johnson's intensity and he seems pretty smart, but not sure if his kicking is up to scratch. Still, I'd like to see him get a month in the seniors to prove himself this year. As for Cahill, I've hardly seen him play...just heard he's an athletic forward who needs to get his head right. Not sure if he's an incredible talent waiting to explode or a cocky kid who cuts it up in lower leagues.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re OP.

Player A doesn't make the cut. Reason, didn't work hard enough.

It's never they wernt good enough, or talented enough.

It always that they didn't work hard enough.

It's kind or moronic how supporters watch one or two games and announce the hardest workers. It's like they follow them throu everyday life.

I'd be surprised how many have the ability to watch players 'work' off the ball. I can barely make out who gets the ball at games, and surprising people can see the whole ground when games are on tv...
Last edited by Spinner on Wed 11 May 2011 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Well there's a top recommendation from someone who'd know. I'm looking forward to Kosi's coaching career.
Bernard Shakey wrote:He'd make a good coach because he doesn't like to over exert himself at training, or in games for that matter.
Sigh. Please just go and barrack for Essendon already. :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
lefty
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:Gilbert may be your answer.

Maybe they want him to hopefully take Gilberts place so Gilbert can move up the ground???
No way..... obviously no one looks closely at Gilberts kicking?
He cannot kick a goal from a set shot, nor looks confident.

If we'd have both him and Roo missing goals and everyone getting frustrated about the same crap week in week out about skills and goal kicking.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
stinger wrote:what about johnston and cahill
I really don't know about those guys. The problem is that they play positions that require immense talent, and if you don't absolutely dominate the VFL as a marking forward then you're probably not going to make it in the AFL. I like Johnson's intensity and he seems pretty smart, but not sure if his kicking is up to scratch. Still, I'd like to see him get a month in the seniors to prove himself this year. As for Cahill, I've hardly seen him play...just heard he's an athletic forward who needs to get his head right. Not sure if he's an incredible talent waiting to explode or a cocky kid who cuts it up in lower leagues.
thanks mate.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Johnsons kicking has been good. Think he has around 13-15 goals out of four games @ Sandringham. I think that he will go back to Sandy this week, but if he kicks another bag or three or four he will be up again.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Well there's a top recommendation from someone who'd know. I'm looking forward to Kosi's coaching career.
Bernard Shakey wrote:He'd make a good coach because he doesn't like to over exert himself at training, or in games for that matter.
I'm a Saints person porridge man.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:
...and he wears a Saints jumper, so I think you should get over it.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:
Really? The way you go on I could of sworn you were a Bombers supporter.

Well - I guess all I know for certain is what I already knew. You are a tool of the highest order.

Congratulations. :idea:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:
Really? The way you go on I could of sworn you were a Bombers supporter.

Well - I guess all I know for certain is what I already knew. You are a tool of the highest order.

Congratulations. :idea:
Thanks porridge, now that the cold weather's set in I'll be using your product for breaky.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The guys that should be in that bracket are Armo, Eddy and geary all have played between 20 to 50 games by now and should be the ones stepping up. Polo would be in that age bracket -early 20s also. Johnson looks like a real forward option as does Siposs. That's a lot of mid sized forwards with Lynch, he also looked better in the nab where he used his kicking skills well around the ground but looked lost near goal.

Foz
Club Player

Isn't one of the major knocks on Lynch is that he dosen't have a left foot?
And when he uses his right its very prounounced scupltured kicking action. Not sure in heavy traffic if he has good options at present.

Lynch is still presenting each week at Sandy. My observations would be he keeps his feet well and decision making is solid but ability to be 'lateral' with the ball needs improvement.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I remember seeing Heyne in that dreadfull practice match in the heatagainst the Dogs at Optus Oval in February 09.
I actually liked what I saw back then, he got the ball and he had attitude, wouldn't take crap from anyone.
Unfortunately he neer has progressed, but I hope he does, because we need good players.
I liked what I saw of Lynch last week and think he could find himself as an attacking half back flanker in the side.
In the end it is up to each of them to show the club how good they can be and want to be an AFL footballer.
Mind you, if they don't want to do it, there is the GWS next year.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.