Kosi!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

When will we learn. Kosi hasnt all of sudden improved. He will play an occasional good game and then many ordinary ones. last nights was a good game.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:When will we learn. Kosi hasnt all of sudden improved. He will play an occasional good game and then many ordinary ones. last nights was a good game.
Just like most other forwards do.
What he does do is compete every game and give us some structure, until we find someone else that can do that he is in our best 22.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:When will we learn. Kosi hasnt all of sudden improved. He will play an occasional good game and then many ordinary ones. last nights was a good game.
It just so happens that his good games coincide with being in the ruck more?

I don't think it's a coincidence personally.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

He was at his best when forward though. Dont worry he has played many ordinary games when second ruckman. He is an average footballer now because of injuries received thoughout his career. Dont worry there will be another thread in a couple of weeks wanting Kosi dropped. By the way Kosi played second ruckman 2 games ago and didnt get a kick. That is the type of player he is.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

He was at his best when forward though. Dont worry he has played many ordinary games when second ruckman. He is an average footballer now because of injuries received thoughout his career. Dont worry there will be another thread in a couple of weeks wanting Kosi dropped. By the way Kosi played second ruckman 2 games ago and didnt get a kick. That is the type of player he is.
Hardly in the ruck against Brisbane.

Start him at the centre bounce every game, he is a confidence player and I would much rather he contest in the ruck for his first touch than drop a mark or miss a goal.

I would like to see his TOG in the ruck last night compared to that of more recent memory.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Hardly in the ruck against Brisbane.

Start him at the centre bounce every game, he is a confidence player and I would much rather he contest in the ruck for his first touch than drop a mark or miss a goal.

I would like to see his TOG in the ruck last night compared to that of more recent memory.
Pretty sure Ben started in the ruck.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

2 games ago he played his first game of the year...no surprise he didnt set the world alight.

He may have played well when going fwd but IMO he's a player that needs to be bought into the game and allowing him to ruck/drift fwd lets him do that.

He needs to back up for sure gonna be interesting watching.

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

Interestingly he seemed to have heaps of confidence last night, clean hands in marking.

His stints at FF must be in consideration of the opposition - sometimes it'll work others not. While we're a work in progress from a ruck perspective I'd like to see him given more time there.

Ben was great around the ground last night but crap at the bounces.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

2 games ago he played his first game of the year...no surprise he didnt set the world alight.

He may have played well when going fwd but IMO he's a player that needs to be bought into the game and allowing him to ruck/drift fwd lets him do that.

The Brissy game was his second for the year. He had a reasonably good one for Sandy. What was different last night? Probably Carlton didn't care too much about him or had no match up. He had a good game and I hope he can do it week in week out.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

The Brissy game was his second for the year. He had a reasonably good one for Sandy. What was different last night? Probably Carlton didn't care too much about him or had no match up. He had a good game and I hope he can do it week in week out.
His first AFL game? - I think most would acknowledge that its a different step up.

Maybe Carlton didnt care - who really knows, but playing like that and in ruck we need him....or its Blake. No thanks.

“Yeah….nah””
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

In my eyes, it's a week to week prospect. Let's just agree he played well this week, having had very few brownie points on the board, and he see how he goes against the Hawks' ruck stocks of Hale, Renouf and Roughead.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs