Roo and BJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Roo and BJ

They are way out of shape.

Maybe come up for a few weeks on the reef boys.

It might do your heads a world of good.

I'll take you to the best bommies and you can kill big fish.

Might as well.

Bring on 2012
Last edited by Cairnsman on Mon 09 May 2011 11:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Can I come?

I'll bring an esky full of pyss.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Fishing really is your thing isn't it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Fishing really is your thing isn't it.
Nup I just own the boats. Eating fish is though.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt was AWESOME outside the forward 50. It's what I've been calling for for ages, go back to his 2004 year running up to the wing he was immense.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Riewoldt worked himself into it well.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

i was screaming at roo by mid 3rd quarter.. but in all fairness he was great in getting us back into it.... needs some time away from forward 50... let the others do their thing

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Roo come in and out of the game. BJ, well, he was on the ground.

If only one of them had put in a four quarter effort the result might have been different.

Hey but at St Kilda we accept high paid players performing like B graders.

Like I said last week. Players like Roo and BJ can make the stat sheet look good but they certainly aren't doing the right thing by their team mates at the moment.

Send them on a tropical holiday. The weather up here is a ripper at the moment. They can work on their tans.

Bring on 2012

kalsaint
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Roo come in and out of the game. BJ, well, he was on the ground.

If only one of them had put in a four quarter effort the result might have been different.

Like I said last week. Players like Roo and BJ can make the stat sheet look good but they certainly aren't doing the right thing by their team mates at the moment.

Send them on a tropical holiday. The weather up here is a ripper at the moment. They can work on their tans.

Bring on 2012

Maybe not so silly. Get Ross to determine who we have left from round 19 2009 as wer'e playing Hawthorn next.

Tackle and tackle and tackle.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Roo come in and out of the game. BJ, well, he was on the ground.

Bring on 2012
Keep on fishing. You'll get a bite soon.

Maybe change bait. Ross Lyon's game plan might land you something.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

Bring on 2012
Keep on fishing. You'll get a bite soon.

Maybe change bait. Ross Lyon's game plan might land you something.
Ross is not the problem as I see it. Look it doesn't bother me so much that we've got over a million bucks worth of footballers in Roo and BJ not playing well. As far as I can see it this year should now be officially a development year. I'll be going to the game next week and I reckon it will be enjoyable.

Sippos is a keeper. I'd be bringing in Lynch and dropping Blake or Baker this week. Get 10 games into him this year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nicks second half was enormous

Middo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Nicks second half was enormous
Kicking was horrid....should have won us the game not made us competitive,love his work ethic but absolutely hate watching him kick for goal.Will go down as a great hard working CHF that could not kick the goal when needed. unlike Wayne Carey who always rised to the challenge !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You have a short memory......

Dont be silly, have a look at his record you clown......between 2001-2010 he would be in the best 5 players in the afl in the decade.....

Tonight he took 12 marks and had 6 involvements....his second half he was BOG by a margin......he missed 2 goals, so did milne, kosi, eddie betts missed 4.....and judd kicked 3 behinds....

Football is about more than two kicks

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd play BJ forward against Hawthorn.

Continually allowing him to go head to head with someone who wins, and becomes BOG, is not going to improve his confidence.

Everyone is probably different when it comes to turning a form slump around, some like being given an opponent (like Gilbert) to help them, I don't think it's going to work for BJ because losing a direct battle will eat away at him.

Let him be creative, free, Hawthorns defence is it's weakness IMO....let him play deep and get some cheapies.

Don't have Roo inside the fifty, have a forward line of Goddard, Siposs, Milne, Schneider in the 50....Kosi/Ben pushing forward when they are not rucking.

I truly think this is the tonic.

People in the past have argued he is too valuable elsewhere, but the reality is, at the moment his value around the ground is diminished.

Let him be free and have some FUN, big marks, big goals.

Watch the highlights of how much fun he had in the Freo game in round 6 last year, he kicked goals, took great contested marks, lined up someone in the cheersquad....

Lots of fun, he needs it.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

All top suggestions sainterk!

BJ start in the goal square to bugger hawks matchups. They will probably put Gibson on him.

Start Roo at CHB or wing. Get Gilbo to tag burgoyne

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:I'd play BJ forward against Hawthorn.

Continually allowing him to go head to head with someone who wins, and becomes BOG, is not going to improve his confidence.

Everyone is probably different when it comes to turning a form slump around, some like being given an opponent (like Gilbert) to help them, I don't think it's going to work for BJ because losing a direct battle will eat away at him.

Let him be creative, free, Hawthorns defence is it's weakness IMO....let him play deep and get some cheapies.

Don't have Roo inside the fifty, have a forward line of Goddard, Siposs, Milne, Schneider in the 50....Kosi/Ben pushing forward when they are not rucking.

I truly think this is the tonic.

People in the past have argued he is too valuable elsewhere, but the reality is, at the moment his value around the ground is diminished.

Let him be free and have some FUN, big marks, big goals.

Watch the highlights of how much fun he had in the Freo game in round 6 last year, he kicked goals, took great contested marks, lined up someone in the cheersquad....

Lots of fun, he needs it.
Very good post SainterK. Agree wholeheartedly.
Did you see that hanger BJ went for in the last, jumping over the pack? If someone from Carlton hadn't come back brilliantly with the flight of the ball (and intercepted it), BJ may have plucked it and it could have turned his year around. I think he could turn things around more quickly by playing forward than anywhere else at the moment.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dropping Roo and BJ is a great idea. Would send out a very positive message to the football world that we are officially a rabble.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They are a cancer on our club apparently. Sorry that was last game, now they are just out of shape.