Ben / Kosi need to rotate in the ruck more often...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ben / Kosi need to rotate in the ruck more often...

Loved what it brought to the game, and to their own games.

McEvoy 15 disp, 5 contested marks, 5 tackles, 11 contested possessions, 2 clearances.

Kosi 14 disp, 4 contested marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals 1, 9 contested possessions, 3 clearances.

Start Kosi at the centre bounce every week Ross, please.

Not sure of the hitouts? Someone fill me in?

I felt like Ben got his hands to more this week, but still not really to advantage, but around the ground was better?

I felt Kosi perhaps did better in body work and work around the pack, Robbie became very focused about the upcoming contest when he was in there?

asaint
Club Player

agree

Ben is the real deal and Kosi showed tonight how valuable he is.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

This is the obvious ruck duo.....with chop from another one....yes, thats right....he just has to find form

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Was always going to be te short term answer to the ruck problem. Macca is so much more dangerous when allowed to work forward and kosi is so much better when he can work through the midfield.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Liam_G
Club Player

Re: Ben / Kosi need to rotate in the ruck more often...

SainterK wrote:Not sure of the hitouts? Someone fill me in?
McEvoy - 21 hitouts, 3 to advantage
Kosi - 6 hitouts, 1 to advantage

Warnock - 39 hitouts, 11 to advantage
O'hAlipin - 10 hitouts, 1 to advantage

Saints using the third man up alot more, with Gilbert, Dal Santo, Fisher and Goddard all recording multiple hitouts (plus Blake had 3 hitouts, 1 to advantage also). Got killed in the clearances (45 - 24), but Armitage topped both Clearances (6) and First Possession (7). Great seeing him getting in & under.

sRaf
Club Player

Loved Kosi's game. I thought he looked fitter the first time I saw him two weeks ago and today proves that he is. Not as toned up and certainly slimmer. He was free many times in the forward line because he was doing the ruck work and busting his guts to get back there. Also, Carlton didn't pay him any respect and it cost them a couple of goals. Welcome back Kosi. Hopefully you're here to stay :D

McEvoy is Mr Reliable. Just plucks the marks from anywhere. Can only get better from here.