To those who are undecided whether they will go tomorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
perfectionist wrote:It's a long time since Saints supporters out numbered the opposition at the Dome when playing another Victorian team. In any event, even if we had two thirds of the crowd, you'd never know it, because most Saints supporters don't yell "ball" the second an opposition player gets it, whether he is tackled or not. We certainly have far less of the moron element than other clubs. Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon on the other hand, seem to have about 95% of the moron element amongst their numbers. Perhaps that's the secret ingredient to winning flags.

We were supposed to have had well over 40,000 members last year. Most of them must have gone shopping on match days.....
Couldn't agree more - and far less Saints supporters spend the whole match booing and screaming for free kicks - like the moron element you speak of 8-)
Which is fine, although sometimes I wish Saints supporters would fire up just a tad
I'm up for starting a new feral breed of Saints.

Enquire within.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintDebi
Club Player

I'll be there, although maybe late by the time hubby and I get off work, travel down the highway and over the bridge in peak hour traffic. And hoping not to get caught in roadworks on the bridge on the way back so I can be in bed by shortly after midnight for a few hours sleep before I have to be up for work before 6 in the morning....... and I'm only in Geelong.
Unless you live nice and handy and/or don't work, Monday night is a pain in the butt.
No way I'm missing a game I can get to, but I'm reluctant to be counted among the attending numbers and help the AFL hail Monday nights a "success".

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
SaintDebi
Club Player

I'll be there, although maybe late by the time hubby and I get off work, travel down the highway and over the bridge in peak hour traffic. And hoping not to get caught in roadworks on the bridge on the way back so I can be in bed by shortly after midnight for a few hours sleep before I have to be up for work before 6 in the morning....... and I'm only in Geelong.
Unless you live nice and handy and/or don't work, Monday night is a pain in the butt.
No way I'm missing a game I can get to, but I'm reluctant to be counted among the attending numbers and help the AFL hail Monday nights a "success".

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Is any of that based on fact? Seems like a bit of fiction to me.
Yes, but that's because you're an idiot.
That is an excellent response. Did you pass play doh to come up with that?
Surely you mean play dough. "Doh" is an expression used by a cartoon character to prove that he is an idiot. Then again, maybe you did mean to use that word.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually taken the week off work so I can get there early and sleep in Tuesday.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Surely you mean play dough. "Doh" is an expression used by a cartoon character to prove that he is an idiot. Then again, maybe you did mean to use that word.
I am pretty sure that he means Play-Doh. It's a brand name and my 4yo daughter loves playing with the stuff.

But it is not "leggo"...It is Lego. Not that it matters much.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

spelling nazis!!!!

:twisted:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: GOLD! :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote::lol: :lol: GOLD! :lol: :lol:
Turning up to support your team would be a good (and GOLD) idea.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote::lol: :lol: GOLD! :lol: :lol:
Turning up to support your team would be a good (and GOLD) idea.
Well at least we know that when Dave is able to turn up he actually supports the Saints.

From your many posts on here I'm not sure that you do similarly?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good one Perfectionist! :lol: :lol: BTW sorry my mammy never sent you the note explaining why I'm absent tonight :oops: WONT happen again :lol:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:...From your many posts on here I'm not sure that you do similarly?
What stupid thing to say. Being realistic about a player's form or ability is one thing. Turning up to games, buying a membership, wearing the colours and feeling every bit of pain at our woeful run with luck, like I have done for the last 50 years, is another. Compounding the ignorance of a "mate" with another piece of ignorance is pretty pathetic. I'm not the one bagging the coach or the captain, like plenty of others here. And I'm also turning up tonight - with hope - just like I have for 50 years. There are some times when you can't make a game, but there is no excuse for deliberately not turning up.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Like I say Perfo, next time I'll get a sick note to you in plenty of time :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:...From your many posts on here I'm not sure that you do similarly?
What stupid thing to say. Being realistic about a player's form or ability is one thing. Turning up to games, buying a membership, wearing the colours and feeling every bit of pain at our woeful run with luck, like I have done for the last 50 years, is another. Compounding the ignorance of a "mate" with another piece of ignorance is pretty pathetic. I'm not the one bagging the coach or the captain, like plenty of others here. And I'm also turning up tonight - with hope - just like I have for 50 years. There are some times when you can't make a game, but there is no excuse for deliberately not turning up.
What a complete load of drivel, as usual.

You're the poster who took aim at Jiggster with absolutely no knowledge as to why he's not attending.
You just 'assumed' he had no reason.

And even if he decided just to not attend, who appointed you as the arbiter of what is/isn't acceptable in terms of attending a game?

As for you being a 'realist', why is it that seemingly only those with a pessimistic view always claim to be 'realists'?

It's the stock standard answer of the pessimists when challenged -'we're only being realists... you're all wearing rose-coloured glasses'

Isn't it about time you proclaimed what you truly are:-
a Saintspessimist.
a Saintsknocker
a Saintsbagger

and to give you your due - you're a perfectionist at it. Obviously you've been practising over many years.

I dare say I've been supporting the Saints for almost as long as you have, but I don't find it necessary to bag almost everything about them as my way of 'showing support' for the Club.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I always chuckle when 'realists' negatively foreshadow future outcomes that are yet to be real.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:shock: GOLD? :? :lol:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:...You're the poster who took aim at Jiggster with absolutely no knowledge as to why he's not attending...
That's false. The title of the thread is:
To those who are undecided whether they will go tomorrow
to which he posted:
"Looks lke (sic) I'm gonna miss out on the win then"

As I said in my post, if someone can't attend because of health or other commitments, well fair enough. But if it is 'choice' and you post in this thread, well anyone would expect criticism.

As for the rest of your personal vitriol, it says more about you than me, as we have seen many times before in your endless and boring personal disputes with three or four other posters on the board.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well Thats THAT sorted! Thanks Perfo me boy :lol: