Does anyone still think we'll make the 8?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

7th

8-)

battye
Saintsational Legend

Has the drop kick actually been outlawed?

It surely couldn't be worse than our current delivery out of full back. I mean the back pocket. I mean the half back flank. I mean back to the pocket again.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
meher baba wrote:Of course we can still make the 8. What a load of bollocks.

And of course we'd want to be there. Where there's life there's hope. Someone will win it from the bottom half of the top 8 sooner or later. Might be us.
I like this one.

I will +1 thanks.
Perhaps we are naive, but as a footy fan I want to win every week. Maybe as a St Kilda supporter this is silly, and I should be happy for us to bottom out so we can properly re-load. But that is awfully painful. Sydney haven't finished lower than 12th since 1995. That sounds like a happy existence to me. A flag and two Grand Finals to boot despite few high draft picks. Seems like a good model to follow. Likewise Geelong- never lower than 12th- two flags and plenty of Grand Finals as well. I say you keep yourself up there as much as possible. Enjoy the ride and hope for every win.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

The next month will decide our fate, but really, sneaking into 7th or 8th will be nothing more than a hollow achievement.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Seaford_Saint wrote:JESUS f****** CHRIST.... who cares!!!!

If you can't finish Premiers, who the f*** cares....

All I know is our boys are struggling yes... but they are giving 100% effort on 0% confidence

Wherever we finish is we we deserve to finish, and if it's not good enough then so be it..... do u all expect to be playing in GF's every year???

FFS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
FFS, get off your high-horse you drama queen

Bad management is bad management
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Ok, my thoughts on our current situation.

So the boys have zero confidence - has to be some 'haunting' from the two close GFs(gf2 irrelevant - the draw led to it). FFS, if I'm haunted by those losses - as all fans are - imagine how these guys feel?

But we still have a good side! So even if every player, at the back of his mind thinks/knows they won't win the flag (how do crap clubs players survive, knowing at the start of each year they have no chance) then what are they supposed to do?

Footy is their 'job'! do they just come out and give in? Of course not, its foreign to any pro sportsperson.

I agrre the club hierarchy has to make some big decisons about the gameplan/strategy for the future - play more youngsters, etc. If they do decide to 'abandon' this season, then will this lift a burden from the players? Will they be free to try things without the veil of being dropped or whatever.

The ridiculous thing is that we still are capable of beating ANY team on any given day!! Last weekends games showed that - the filth are NOT an all-conquering machine; Hawthorn have their weaknesses and Geelong, whilst in good nick, are not the vaunted team they were 2/3 years back.

Even when we play average, we are still gonna beat a few other teams.
The crows only lost to Carlton by a goal last week - we were unlucky not to beat the Crows last night - the poor kicking for goal buggered us up. Great fightback from the boys shows the desire is still there - it has to be.

Roo to CHB is an option i mooted before the season began. He will get his mojo back. Alternate BJ between mid and FWD and leave Gilbert in the middle! He got us going in there v Richmond when Lenny went down.

Anyway, enough for now

wallbanger
Club Player

Sad to say, but IMO we won't get close to making the 8.

Very sad to admit it.

With upcoming games against Carlton, Hawthorn, Melbourne (a chance), Freo at Freo, Collingwood, the Western Bulldogs and Geelong....that will just about end the season.

Not being negative, just realistic. We will struggle to get within 5 goals of most of those teams other than Mebourne.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Has the drop kick actually been outlawed?.
Not on this forum, as far as I can tell.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift