For how long?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

For how long?

I've kept the faith as much as possible this year realising that this year would be a tough slog but tonight's game has literally been like getting teeth pulled without anesthetic!

The 22 that took the field tonight did not once look like a "team"! Not once!

Its not the bottom 6 that need that need to be looked at...they aren't the problem!

The problem is the senior players and leadership group! Roo BJ Joey etc that need to man up and do the team thing! Roo needs to actually act like a captain and take charge, BJ needs to stop acting like a petulant child and play a team game! Gilbert needs serious help if not out! The list goes on and on!

Time to stop having individuals and have a team otherwise we will be the new Richmond!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
wasaintsfan
Club Player

thought we were the new richmond....

theyre above us.....

battye
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately I think this group has already gone as far as they will go. We still have enough great players to be a good team (obviously not right now...), but I think the days of St Kilda being a potential premiership team are over with this core group of players. It really pains me to say it - I've been trying to believe that we are still capable, and I really hope we can turn it around this year and make a good fist of it, but I think whoever said we've climbed the mountain too many times is right.

I don't know where we go from here. Finals look pretty unlikely. I've never bought into it when people, in the last couple of years, have posted sensationalist stuff like "time to go back to the drawing board" but unfortunately I think that is now the reality. The poor performances have not been isolated, they have been consistently poor.

RL manufactured a very clever game plan back in around 2008-09 and nobody will disagree that it has served us well. But the rest of the league has caught up and it is now time to come up with something new and it goes without saying, attacking. Clearly we have to persevere with the young players, and see if we can try and mount some sort of renaissance for next year. And unfortunately this means some very tough decisions will need to be made, because the core group of players we need to build around - if we want to be highly competitive and work towards a premiership - will need to be around 24/25 years of age.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Buckets
SS Life Member

So the question is will Lyon be able to come up with a new gameplan and list to become a contender again?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
sasaint
Club Player

Frankly a cunning plan by Lyon this year. He is tanking to avoid any players being picked up by the GWS team. Brilliant. The top 4 teams will be decimated with their best players being taken and the Saints will romp into 2012! Ross, what a plan :shock:

felixleo
Club Player

The core group is still a magnificent group of players but maybe with the passing of time some new roles should be found for them that would allow the emerging talent of the younger players to blossom.

Are you gonna be the one?