Will Johnson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:if it's a clue there is refresh of an article on Will on saints.com.au
http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
Thanks bratty; I was looking for that article the other day.

Will sounds like he's got his head screwed on. Looking forward to seeing him at senior level - maybe this week :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

2 words
sen sational.

surely he HAS to debut saturday night? SURELY!

StNoodles
Club Player

He's IN!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Congratulations Will.

After being very disappointed with reports on Will last year, I have heard nothing but good things this year.

I hope it is an awesome debut.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:He's IN!
That's terrific news.

BUT

Will was taken as a late draft pick, as a defender. Many questioned his selection and thought we should have rookied him instead. Really did nothing last year. Has kicked a "few" goals this year.

His performances in the NAB Cup and in a couple of games for Sandy have lead to multiple threads extolling his talents.

Time to take a deep breath.

Let's not expect too much from him straight away. He appears to have enormous potential but we need to be patient. The Crows in Adelaide, perhaps on a wet & slippery surface, is a pretty tough assignment on debut.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
That's terrific news.

BUT

Will was taken as a late draft pick, as a defender. Many questioned his selection and thought we should have rookied him instead. Really did nothing last year. Has kicked a "few" goals this year.

His performances in the NAB Cup and in a couple of games for Sandy have lead to multiple threads extolling his talents.

Let's not expect too much from him straight away. He appears to have enormous potential but we need to be patient. The Crows in Adelaide, perhaps on a wet & slippery surface, is a pretty tough assignment on debut.
Yep, judge his game based on how the forward line functions with him and the pressure he puts on the opposition compared to Stanley/Kosi.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I am possibly responsible for the over hype of Will this year. He looks as if the Penny has dropped for him as a mature age player and he is in my opinion the only player in our line up that is playing like someone who is wanting a spot. Stanley and his other young mates all look like they know as if a spot is there and play accordingly. In the nab Will was gut running and fighting for possession more than most of the players on the ground, he will go ok because he is hungry and will make it to contests, something we are lacking up forward. I hope he plays like Aaron Hamill and scares a few crows with his attack on the ball, -well a man can wish anyway.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I am possibly responsible for the over hype of Will this year. He looks as if the Penny has dropped for him as a mature age player and he is in my opinion the only player in our line up that is playing like someone who is wanting a spot. Stanley and his other young mates all look like they know as if a spot is there and play accordingly. In the nab Will was gut running and fighting for possession more than most of the players on the ground, he will go ok because he is hungry and will make it to contests, something we are lacking up forward. I hope he plays like Aaron Hamill and scares a few crows with his attack on the ball, -well a man can wish anyway.
I don't think scaring the Crows is the competitions greatest challenge.

Puddings mostly (he says acknowledging how f****** horrible it would be to lose to them after saying something so karmically provocative.)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jays
Club Player

good luck to him hope it works out well

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
That's terrific news.

BUT

Yep, judge his game based on how the forward line functions with him and the pressure he puts on the opposition compared to Stanley/Kosi.
yep that has to be the measure - how does his inclusion assist the overall fwd line function?

“Yeah….nah””