Are we SO bad Folks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Teflon wrote: If we are just sneaking into the 8 then for me its a mini relaod year. If so, go flat out playing youth, turn them over find out who is/isnt a player and dont worry bout finals. I know GWS have all good picks....but we can still sure up our spot in the selection...still trade and ensure any senior player with a niggle is fit for pre season 2012. Hayes needs bionic man plates insterted also.......
I hear that Teffers, but my theory is based on the premise of a double GF hangover.

With the eye of faith - we narrowly lost to the Cats who are looking good for top 4 again. Basically were 20 points worse than last year against the Bombers and Tigers.

Give it to half way through the year to warm up and come barnstorming home to be the first team to win the flag from outside the 8?

Blindly delusional... but hey... what the hell? :lol: 8-)
I admire your optimism Richter but I reckon we'll know in 4 weeks if top 4 is any hope. It is hard....do we push on knowing that even if we make the 8 ..that we are really no flag threat? OR is it better to push on regardless so any finals experience we get we gift to Steven/ Armo and co for coming years? OR do we simply say, lets re-load for 2012 and concentrate on being a real flag threat while securing best drafting position?

I am convinced our window aint shut - there is to much quality in this side to fall away in 5 games....its a matter of when we come again not if.

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

.... lets re-load for 2012 and concentrate on being a real flag threat while securing best drafting position?

word

asiu
Saintsational Legend

train to the next tactical step AFTER 'the tall forward line' evolvement thats going on at the moment ... and get **** fit ... like u kosi ?????

whilst playn the young fellas and training them 'to a fine edge' on not giving away frees ... get them playing new generation smart.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:We need to focus on "us" at the moment. Brisbane was not good football, but "we won," which is important.
I don't totally agree.

Winning or losing shouldn't really be the focus when assessing where we're at.

Had we beaten Geelong and Richmond (ie. a mere 3 point turnaround) would we be happier with our prospects for this season?

Milne kicking the goal on the siren, and Blake not playing on against Geelong would have had us sitting at 3-1 this season.

But would our situation be any different? (obviously ladder position aside).

So the fact that we won against Brisbane is great as we're 1 win closer to qualifying, but it was the way we played in the last quarter that was the important thing.

We pretty much looked like a decent side.

Also, I think that regardless of the first 3 weeks of this season, the next 3 weeks would have been telling anyway.

Even if we were 4-0 instead of just our 1 win, we'd still need to win 2 of the next 3 to prove that we were fair dinkum this year.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Excellent points!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Jiggsters take on 66

It had to happen I guess :shock: After a lifetime of enjoying Food , Wine (and Mrs Jiggster! 8-) ) I'm amazed to see myself reaching the age of 66 come saturday! :lol: I'm only hoping that those Sainters capture the spirit of 66 and dig deep to win for the old Jiggster (AND all his saintsational pals!) I'm not at the Carlton game :( but will hopefully be at the Whitten room to shout the first round come my next home game at the "dome we call home" :lol:
Go Saints (do it for a new 66 year old! :lol: )

Love to all

Dave :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jiggsters take on 66

thejiggingsaint wrote:It had to happen I guess :shock: After a lifetime of enjoying Food , Wine (and Mrs Jiggster! 8-) ) I'm amazed to see myself reaching the age of 66 come saturday! :lol: I'm only hoping that those Sainters capture the spirit of 66 and dig deep to win for the old Jiggster (AND all his saintsational pals!) I'm not at the Carlton game :( but will hopefully be at the Whitten room to shout the first round come my next home game at the "dome we call home" :lol:

Love to all

Congratulations Jiggster :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Doc! :lol:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:It had to happen I guess :shock: After a lifetime of enjoying Food , Wine (and Mrs Jiggster! 8-) ) I'm amazed to see myself reaching the age of 66 come saturday! :lol: I'm only hoping that those Sainters capture the spirit of 66 and dig deep to win for the old Jiggster (AND all his saintsational pals!) I'm not at the Carlton game :( but will hopefully be at the Whitten room to shout the first round come my next home game at the "dome we call home" :lol:

Love to all

Wow..a fossil..who'd have guessed......well done on the milestone... :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We could be anywhere from 4th to 10th.

We'll improve somewhat, but enough to challenge? No.

Give me a realistic dose over fatalistic dreaming any day.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Love to all

Chyt thats OLD :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

here's an old post which still applies. not saying i'm an oracle, but it was pretty obvious in april the way the regular season was going to pan out, when you thought about it.

it's all gone as "planned" thus far, so let's just hope it follows the rest of this post and we end up in good form and in the finals - then anything can happen. (remember we've got more finals experience in this side than just about anyone else in there.)

bergholt wrote:the optimistic way of looking at it is that we're starting slow on the long build to the finals. but for a couple of minor errors, we'd be 3-1 and playing poorly. as it is, we're 1.5-2.5, but finals are still no way out of the question.

the next four games are mixed. we'll need to win a couple:

adelaide away, carlton home, hawthorn away, melbourne home

then the next four are hard, win one if we're lucky:

fremantle away, collingwood away, bulldogs home, geelong away

turn at 4.5-7.5. we need probably 11.5 to make the finals this year, so we need to win 7 of the last 10. as you say, next 5 are soft:

north home, port away, west coast home, adelaide home, gold coast away

we can't afford to lose any of them, but if we take them all that could put us 9.5-7.5 with a wet sail and coming home strong. then we just have to halve these five:

fremantle home, collingwood home, sydney away, north home, carlton away

beat freo and north and we scrape in.

yeah, it's not as easy as i've made it look there, but at the same time we'll probably sneak a good win at some point this year, so that could counteract a poor loss.

so as long as we're no worse than 4.5-7.5 after 12 then i'm still on board, if we're showing some steady improvement.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Not bad crystal gazing Bergo.

I think that we may have a "must beat" situation against Sydney in Sydney for a spot in the eight as it will be an "eight point" game.