Are we SO bad Folks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Seems like if you talk something up often enough people start to believe it...

no wonder people enter politics...

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Seems like if you talk something up often enough people start to believe it...
As distinct from the opposite?????

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Seems like if you talk something up often enough people start to believe it...
only one view will be right

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Says who?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We need to focus on "us" at the moment. Brisbane was not good football, but "we won," which is important. The next three matches will tell where we are at - Adelaide (played well on Sat. night), Carlton and Hawthorn.

Time to re-assess after Hawthorn - we must win at least two of these (preferably three) for confidence and momentum going forward. As others have said, it's about beating the best teams, not the also-rans.

If we can't win at least two, then the time for "tinkering" will be over and a more serious look at reconstruction on the cards :!:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I see no one in the Crows defence who will handle Roo. He is set for an almighy game soon and it will be saturday night.

As long as the rest of the team fire up, I feel very confident about winning.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

you want an answer to that jigging saint? then yes we are bad. the saints have really not been playing that well since 2009. go and look at the 20 game streak. we did not think we could a game the way w were playing. in fact if you listened to ross lyon throughout 2010 he kept saying that there much improvement needed. why our skills were not good , now this year they are wose. gilbert is one that needs to go back to the 2s and see if he can hit a target.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:? :shock: I'm at a loss to see how we played SO badly in 2010. We reached the Grand Final despite the loss of our skipper and best player.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote::? :shock: I'm at a loss to see how we played SO badly in 2010. We reached the Grand Final despite the loss of our skipper and best player.
we might 've reached the grandfinal. but you look at some of the games on how we played. there was hughe difference between 2009 and 2010.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Says who?
reality

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Says who?
reality
Maybe in your mind.
That doesn't necessarily make it so.
It only makes it your opinion.

My experience has been that very, very few things are only black/white - normally there are many shades of grey between the 2 estremes.

Maybe you might enjoy having an optimistic view for once.
You never know, you might learn to like seeing things from a positive perspective rather than your normally negative one?

Even so, why do you feel the need to dampen others' enthusiasm?
I

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I still reckon we'll come good. Yes, a slow and sloppy start to the season. The first start like this in a long time, and I don't expect it to continue.

Wait until the season heats up a little. It's the spectacle of engines warming up before a race, it's all well and good until they've completed 3/4 of the race only to find the tyres have become a little wonky...or worse, fallen off :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Says who?
reality
Maybe in your mind.

My experience has been that very, very few things are only black/white - normally there are many shades of grey between the 2 estremes.

You never know, you might learn to like seeing things from a positive perspective rather than your normally negative one?

I
I'm not dampening anything..

We are on the slide,how far...i don't know...why sugar coat it..it's a test of how good Ross and his new band of merry men are.....

minimal depth and an out of date game style...not what i wished for....

interesting debate on the radio over the Easter break....some commentators were saying Ross may leave at seasons end and try his luck elsewhere...if he does it's because even he recognises it's over....

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

We can put a positive spin on it and no one is more positive in life than me but we are pretty average at the moment.
One tackle in forward 50.
Watching the Collingwood V Essendon game in the third quarter when things heated up Essendon had 5 forward 50 tackles in one minute.
We don't hunt the opposition like we did in 09.
This can change and the players can hunt as one again.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I prefer to be a positive 'half-full' type of person rather than always look at the negative 'half-empty'.

It's interesting that I've never-heard a 'half-full' person claim to be a 'realist' and yet just about every 'half-empty' perosn I come across eventually uses that term.

So is one truly only ever being a 'realist' when you look at the negative pov?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We need to find a way to kick more goals and be more unpredictable about it.
In all honesty that ridiculous free kick against Joey Thursday night highlighted on eof our major problems, that fact that Joey won clean possesion of the ball just on the other end of the centre square and had absolutely no one in front of him to kick it too.
How can you score when your forwards are on the half back line.
We need to be able to mount scoreboard pressure on our opposition and we need to get a ruthless attitude back so that we bury teams.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens Saturday night.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I am really surprised at the amount of our own fans that the moment a hick up occurs we are ready to write off every thing. Seriously you guys should have been there when we were s***.

So far we should trade Goddard and anyone else that looks like they have a value, go back to Moorabbin wear our old uniforms and sack the coach if this forum is anything to go by. I have had 30 years of watching us self implode every time we are criticised in the media. we sacked Winmar after the footy show lambasted our party culture and backwoods mentality, something that wasn't even a problem. We obliged them by sacking our favourite son, then there are the sacked coaches something that made the Italian government look stable. Every time anything looked like it might get bumpy we got spooked and sacked somebody. You don't get success by wielding a sword through your own organisation. Back our team or f$#@ off.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Maybe in your mind.

My experience has been that very, very few things are only black/white - normally there are many shades of RED between the 2 estremes.

Fixed :wink:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I prefer to be a positive 'half-full' type of person rather than always look at the negative 'half-empty'.

It's interesting that I've never-heard a 'half-full' person claim to be a 'realist' and yet just about every 'half-empty' perosn I come across eventually uses that term.

So is one truly only ever being a 'realist' when you look at the negative pov?
Only a realist is game to look at both sides of the equation.An optimist will only look for good things and a pessimist will only look for bad things....

I'm definitely being a realist with the current list of players.If they succeed..awesome..if they don't then i was aware that was a distinct possibility and my interest will be how the brains trust go about seeking a remedy to minimise the fall.....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I am really surprised at the amount of our own fans that the moment a hick up occurs we are ready to write off every thing. Seriously you guys should have been there when we were s***.

So far we should trade Goddard and anyone else that looks like they have a value, go back to Moorabbin wear our old uniforms and sack the coach if this forum is anything to go by. I have had 30 years of watching us self implode every time we are criticised in the media. we sacked Winmar after the footy show lambasted our party culture and backwoods mentality, something that wasn't even a problem. We obliged them by sacking our favourite son, then there are the sacked coaches something that made the Italian government look stable. Every time anything looked like it might get bumpy we got spooked and sacked somebody. You don't get success by wielding a sword through your own organisation. Back our team or f$#@ off.
You wouldn't know how long most people on here have followed the Saints,all the older ones would definitely have seen the many lows and the few highs..

I haven't read of any calls for sackings or for trading of best players....

There is cause for concern...some of the players have just about run their race and it's the lack of quality recruits and what that means that has most people pondering via a keyboard..hardly justifies requesting they f$#@ off.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Says who?
reality
Maybe in your mind.

I
Because bobmurray is a sad sack.

Was boasting last week how he hoped the Saints would lose so he could watch this forum "go into meltdown" as he called it.

Seemed his ego and internet persona was more important than the team he supposedly supports.

I am suprised he has shown up after a win, but not suprised by the woe is me , chicken little attitude.

Some people are just pathetic in their constant negativity i suppose.

Oh well, I am sure bobmurray will be around wallowing in his own misery next loss.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Says who?
reality
Maybe in your mind.

I
Because bobmurray is a sad sack.

Was boasting last week how he hoped the Saints would lose so he could watch this forum "go into meltdown" as he called it.

Seemed his ego and internet persona was more important than the team he supposedly supports.

I am suprised he has shown up after a win, but not suprised by the woe is me , chicken little attitude.

Some people are just pathetic in their constant negativity i suppose.

Oh well, I am sure bobmurray will be around wallowing in his own misery next loss.
What a terrible posting style you have uncle norman.....ya cabbage

do you ever contribute or are you purely a potter....

i'm here every week win lose or draw but not to read your good for nothing shite...turnip

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The difference between the best and worse in this elite competition is often that which sits above the shoulders.

Enter a game not 100% focused on putting your body on the line, and you will lose against a team willing to do it.

When our guys play with belief and passion we can make grand finals. Had Milne attacked the bouncing ball we may have won a grand final. Had schneider been given a free kick we may have won a grand final.

We are not so bad. In fact we are a very dangerous unit when we're switched on.

We are capable of winning the premiership this year. We could have won 2, but in all honesty a bit of luck didn't blow our way.

No need to give up now. The guys are not cripples yet, most are at the peak of their careers, what is there to lose? Lose another grand final ? Pfft been there done that, too battle hardened to fear that now.

Go saints.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I agree! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote: If we are just sneaking into the 8 then for me its a mini relaod year. If so, go flat out playing youth, turn them over find out who is/isnt a player and dont worry bout finals. I know GWS have all good picks....but we can still sure up our spot in the selection...still trade and ensure any senior player with a niggle is fit for pre season 2012. Hayes needs bionic man plates insterted also.......
I hear that Teffers, but my theory is based on the premise of a double GF hangover.

With the eye of faith - we narrowly lost to the Cats who are looking good for top 4 again. Basically were 20 points worse than last year against the Bombers and Tigers.

Give it to half way through the year to warm up and come barnstorming home to be the first team to win the flag from outside the 8?

Blindly delusional... but hey... what the hell? :lol: 8-)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...