that decision (I'll be the first)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

that decision (I'll be the first)

was worse than the jordan russell free in the square the other week.

Don't worry about umpires interpreting the rules, they don't have a feel for the game and what is going on.

It is the sort of decision that make you question where the game is heading.

I think what makes it so bad is that the umpire had about 5 seconds watching the ball to think about it, and then still made the stupid call.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Its only one kick......there is 400 in a game....

If the ball didnt go out....brisbane would have run it back anyway....

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

square up for the dreadful luke mcguane rushed behind.

all square now

:)

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:square up for the dreadful luke mcguane rushed behind.

all square now

:)
What makes up for Dals?

Ajer
Club Player

Get over it, we won...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

we put it out on the full about seven times. i think we did enough to shoot ourselves in the feet, don't worry about the umpires.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

All of you people are missing the point of the thread.

We all know we played like s***. We all know that the ground was very slippery and it was like playing in wet weather so the skills were even more ordinary than usual.

That decision if it is the correct interpretation of the rule fundamentally changes football.

Montagna had nobody at all to kick to so he threw it on the boot. It bounced some 20 metres inside the boundary and then went at right angles to just roll over the line.

How in f##ks name can that be called deliberate? And if that is the correct calling, every single kick in general play that goes over the boundary has to be called deliberate.

It was possibly the worst decision I have seen in a very long time. It has nothing to do with against the Saints or not. It was unbelievably bad and as i said will fundamentally change the way football is palyed.

the game is called football after all. What was Montagna supposed to do? Just stand there and let the Lions players tackle him and get pinged for holding the ball?

It was disgraceful. Almost as disgraceful as our kicking.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I can only think that Giecshen must have some real bad dirt on the AFL and that is how he keeps his job.
Decisions like that reflect how he instructs his umpires and it is just so wrong.
That umpire should be umpiring up near Echuca next week.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

It was a s*** decision.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Nevermind how bad or how well we are playing, the point which terry smith rules and myself were screaming blue murder about was that it was an absolute HOWLER of a decision.

How on earth could that umpire justify such a poor decision? Joey wasn't even trying to kick the ball to touch, it took a crooked bounce, not to mention went about 80's metres down field before crossing the line.

Hopefully this is just a one off and the umpires can clarfiy their interpretation on the deliberate rule.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Nevermind how bad or how well we are playing, the point which terry smith rules and myself were screaming blue murder about was that it was an absolute HOWLER of a decision.

How on earth could that umpire justify such a poor decision? Joey wasn't even trying to kick the ball to touch, it took a crooked bounce, not to mention went about 80's metres down field before crossing the line.

Hopefully this is just a one off and the umpires can clarfiy their interpretation on the deliberate rule.
It was probably incorrect or a mistake just as our players made plenty. Why can players make mistakes but umpires cant. We got 4 goals from frees tonight, 2 which were very soft. Umpires, who cares.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Massive howler of a decision :shock: and from that kick, Lions took the ball down for a goal

Hold your ground :shock:
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:How on earth could that umpire justify such a poor decision? Joey wasn't even trying to kick the ball to touch, it took a crooked bounce, not to mention went about 80's metres down field before crossing the line.
of course he was trying to put it out. you could see him look up and then bang it as long as he could. that said, there's no way it should have been paid.

still, sooking about umpiring decisions is an even worse look when you win.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What about the free to nick.....a direct goal...

That was SOFT

The umpires seemed to give us a lot off soft kicks

That decision was a mistake........they are made.....did not effect the result..

Should schnieder and gilbert head to echuca for making critical mistakes and directly costing goals to brisbane

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Why don't you mention the soft frees and the 3 x 50m penalty goals to the Lions. It's not all one-way traffic :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What about the free to nick.....a direct goal...

That was SOFT

The umpires seemed to give us a lot off soft kicks

That decision was a mistake........they are made.....did not effect the result..

Should schnieder and gilbert head to echuca for making critical mistakes and directly costing goals to brisbane
The OP is on that one incredibly bad decision, not on the correct decision to Riewoldt or the two fifty gift goals or Meritts poor handpass that got us going again.

The intrepretatuion of that deliberate was perhaps the worst decision I have witnessed and will fiundamentally change how football is played.

Do want to see every kick out of a pack penalised? Do you want to see every 80 metre kick along the boundary called deliberate?

It was so bad because the goose of an umpire had so much time to see the ball bounce at right angles and dribble over the line.

Shocking, and if intrepreted that way from now on will ruin the game.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:It was a s*** decision.
Pretty much all that needs to be said about it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

There is a landmark s*** decision against the Saints every game..EVERY game. Honestly, the umpire should be suspended, as should any umpire that makes such stupendously incorrect decisions...it's the only way they'll learn get it right. Of course, the G is never wrong, neither are his troops.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: that decision (I'll be the first)

terry smith rules wrote:was worse than the jordan russell free in the square the other week.

Don't worry about umpires interpreting the rules, they don't have a feel for the game and what is going on.

It is the sort of decision that make you question where the game is heading.

I think what makes it so bad is that the umpire had about 5 seconds watching the ball to think about it, and then still made the stupid call.
+ 1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Nevermind how bad or how well we are playing, the point which terry smith rules and myself were screaming blue murder about was that it was an absolute HOWLER of a decision.

It was probably incorrect or a mistake just as our players made plenty. Why can players make mistakes but umpires cant. We got 4 goals from frees tonight, 2 which were very soft. Umpires, who cares.
How could it have been a reasonble mistake? It wasn't like it was a close call or anything...it was a pretty bad decision.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was a mistake....much like luke maguane against richmond, thats all..

No need to kick and scream over one decision....relevant to bring in other decisions when discussing the OP to point out umpires stuff up, and more than once a game

Ricky ponting made a mistake by winning the toss and sending england in, it cost us the ashes.....given mcgrath rolled his ankle in the warm up...

This gave brisbane a f50 entry

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs plugger just agree for fucksake
worst free see in YEARS, and its 'people do make mistakes'

F*** me
how can you make that mistake
ump should piss off and ump birdwood v callington next week

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:ffs plugger just agree for fucksake
worst free see in YEARS, and its 'people do make mistakes'

F*** me
how can you make that mistake
ump should piss off and ump birdwood v callington next week
Worst free in years. At least that isnt over the top. I will match it later in this post. What about McGuane gainst us. That direct free cost a goal. I said it was probably a mistake and I stick by that. I have no doubt though Joey was trying to kick it out. Should Gilbert get dropped for the most obvious 50 ever and Schneider for the second most obvious ever. And why do people care. We won and got a pretty good run with the umpires. Dal and Roo got soft but probably correct calls. Could you imagine this forum if we upset after winning had the McGuane been against us and we only drew because of it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Id say worse free kick in weeks.....no one has responded to the maguane kick that cost richmond a game....bizarre decision, incorrect interpretation..

Or was that ok because we were the the ones to benefit....one eyed me thinks....

Why would we sack an umpire for one bad decision, id rather one shocker than poor standard all night....

Other than the howler, how does everyone rate the umpires???

How does everyone rate schnieders game??
He made a howler of a decision, should we sack him for one brain fade

Not going to completely agree......will agree it was a poor decision....not that it was poorer than other shockers we see weekly...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Id say worse free kick in weeks.....no one has responded to the maguane kick that cost richmond a game....bizarre decision, incorrect interpretation..

Or was that ok because we were the the ones to benefit....one eyed me thinks....

Why would we sack an umpire for one bad decision, id rather one shocker than poor standard all night....

Other than the howler, how does everyone rate the umpires???

How does everyone rate schnieders game??
He made a howler of a decision, should we sack him for one brain fade

Not going to completely agree......will agree it was a poor decision....not that it was poorer than other shockers we see weekly...
dpont even rememebr the mcguanne kick
was prob too fcuked off we wernt smashing the tigers by 6 goal at the time that it happened.
so no one eyed here