Saints vs Lions Match Day Bitching Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

defacto
Club Player

mullet wrote:
gringo wrote:Sam Fisher may have a hammy now Great
I thought the days where I gringed when a player went down thinking it was the end of our season were long gone. what happened to that team that dropped half its side and still won in tassie. I actually bet on the lions tonight because I thought it would soften the blow if we happened to loose. I feel so bad cos I have actually given up on my team after 49 years. :cry: :cry: :cry:
this

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Muir_32 wrote:we lead by 4 points, half time. 40-36
Yes, this is actually true.

We are winning the game. The commentators give me the impression that we are losing by 10 goals though. Gerrard wately relishes the utterance of phrases like "stkilda well and truly off their game tonight."

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Jewellzy wrote:If McQualter comes on to replace Fisher, we are screwed.

I'm positive the plan was to replace Mini with either Kosi or Stanley. That has to be the plan.
stanley to the backline?

the first few minutes were positive but since then they've lost confidence again. similar to the tiges game. not winning contests and not going forward with any sort of feeling.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We have to be the worst side to watch.
Ross ban the backward kick, maybe if they give Kosi something to run and jump at he might get a touch.
We get the ball and we panic, don't take first option and back ourselves.
They need to inject some speed into this team because we look so slow, not only in running, but in decision making.
We don't play on, we don't run and carry, we don't attack.
They look like they are not interested.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
lurker#134
Club Player

Can we just win the thing? I'd be happy with that at the least/

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote: That tripe was some of the worst tripe we have ever dished out in out long history of tripe deliverance.
You didnt watch last weeks game :?

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

We are on a quest to find the vibe.

The vibe has been missing, the players can't see the vibe or feel the vibe.

When the vibe comes back we'll see a different saints.

But, the quest for the vibe is f****** hard. It's f****** tough. As tenacious d once said of the road.

It's the only frisking road I know.

Ajer
Club Player

We might be playing poorly but we are winning, so that has to be a positive. The fact we can play so poorly yet still lead.

Come on Saints! I reckon we'll run over this mob in the second half, they wont be able to handle the humidity as well as us.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

3 tackles in our forward 50, pathetic.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jones 15 touches, 7 tackles.

he's playing on rich:

rich 9 touches, 3 tackles.

i reckon jones is going pretty well.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Ajer wrote:We might be playing poorly but we are winning, so that has to be a positive. The fact we can play so poorly yet still lead.
Who are we playing though? A side that is firmly entrenched in the bottom 4.
Right where we belong at the moment.
We might be winning this particular game at the moment, but we're losing so much else.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 21 Apr 2011 10:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
noob
Club Player

I want the AFL to introduce the rule were a backward kick in the back half is play on. Could actually help our side to attack more.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Dal Santo 3 kicks 3 handballs. Culd be doing much more.

Goddard 8 kicks ok?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
Muir_32 wrote:we lead by 4 points, half time. 40-36
Yes, this is actually true.

We are winning the game. The commentators give me the impression that we are losing by 10 goals though. Gerrard wately relishes the utterance of phrases like "stkilda well and truly off their game tonight."
Gerard is right. We are playing like crap...The fact that we're only 4 points in front of the second worst team in the comp says far more about us than it does about Brisbane.

We are a team bereft of confidence. Worse than that is the unwillingness of senior players to stamp their authority on the contest. I've lost count of the amount of times we've missed a tackle or missed a target or put a loose ball back in to the corridor in our defensive half. How we are not at least 5 goals down is only though Brisbane's ineptitude.

If this is what we are going to serve up for the rest of the season, we should hope for a bumper snow dump so we can all go skiing in September.

It's looking like we've missed our chance to have the last two flags. Stanley needs more time to get touch, Kosi looks worse than I ever remember him looking. Gram should just put on a Brisbane jumper and get a spare one for Gilbert too.
Last edited by Life Long Saint on Thu 21 Apr 2011 10:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

What the hell has happened since the middle of the 1st quarter?!

We were leading by 3 goals and playing attacking footy.

then the backwards buulshyte started..again

Hell...it is awful to watch.

Gram is soft...and I reckon after that set piece goal, he will reckon he has done his bit for the night...want to be proved wrong.

If we are going to lose this...at least go down by playing attacking footy and backing eachother....but they look so slow and out of sorts

kosi and stanley...wtf?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

noob wrote:I want the AFL to introduce the rule were a backward kick in the back half is play on. Could actually help our side to attack more.
+1. I'd love it, was really surprised that they didn't bring that rule in about two seasons ago, when backwards kicking was becoming an epidemic.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Stanley needs more time to get touch, Kosi looks worse than I ever remember him looking.
different standards? kosi's playing his first game for the year, stanley his second. they've had about as much influence. maybe they both need more time to find touch.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

sendmehomehappy wrote:What the hell has happened since the middle of the 1st quarter?!

Maybe they thought they had enough of a lead and were hoping to protect it for the next 3 and a half quarters?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Stanley is a young guy with under 15 games, give him time. Terrible decision taking an extra tall when the ground is wet from humidity. The people that wanted more young guys might need to reassess. Maqualter is not a bad sub for us as he is a small guy with the ability to run, won't hurt us. Kosi is still being carried and so is Stanley, we really didn't need to take 2 passengers in one area of the ground.

Armo needs to take the game on a little more, and Smith for that matter. We are hopefully just holding back some energy to take into the second half and will take off at some point.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The attacking quarter happened against the tiges too. We attacked then went defensive and nearly lost it, that's why I question our fitness. How can they just stop abruptly?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
gringo wrote:Sam Fisher may have a hammy now Great
I thought the days where I gringed when a player went down thinking it was the end of our season were long gone. what happened to that team that dropped half its side and still won in tassie. I actually bet on the lions tonight because I thought it would soften the blow if we happened to loose. I feel so bad cos I have actually given up on my team after 49 years. :cry: :cry: :cry:
No doubt we are playing very poorly. And that is very depressing.

However am I to believe that what you are experiencing now is worse than at any other time over the last 49 years?

Sorry, but I find that very hard to accept.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

sendmehomehappy wrote:What the hell has happened since the middle of the 1st quarter?!

Hell...it is awful to watch.

Gram is soft...and I reckon after that set piece goal, he will reckon he has done his bit for the night...want to be proved wrong.

If we are going to lose this...at least go down by playing attacking footy and backing eachother....but they look so slow and out of sorts

kosi and stanley...wtf?
I cant even abuse the players cos they are really really mentally gone. It is really sad and scarey. Like the time we were up by 50+ points against hawthorn and they got up and beat us. that took ages for the players to get over. I guess the media will love it though, a bit of stkilda bashing
God I cant believe how sad this is.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So many unfamiliar posters on game day and most squealing like bitches.

Harden the f*** up.

We have lost the spark. I'm only repeating myself from weeks gone by but win or lose this doesn't matter a fig. It's to let go of what might have been and reconfigure. Koz is first game back on a greasy night, so leeway granted. Stanley is a nup. Jones is a nup. Gilbert's attack on it can't be questioned but in this new era his skills ain't good enough. So nup unless he's a sniff on the ball as a big hard battering ram. Could work.. Smith is a yep. Steven is a yep. When they're fit lets have a look at Winmar, Cripps, and Ledger. Pension off Blake or Baker, elevate Walsh - nothing ventured. Simpkin and Jonston get a go.

Tough call time. Tonight's result won't change that.
Last edited by Thinline on Thu 21 Apr 2011 10:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ross talking to richo about the tall forward line:

"coming in we thought it was right and clearly it's not, so we'll have a look at that."

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Come on saints show some fight!!

Start of the 3rd free kick to the saints.