LYON HAS SHOWN HE WONT PLAY KIDS…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

realdeal
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
Spinner wrote:Great... Now our supporters are actually stating they'd prefer to lose...

What a sad pathetic and uninformed post. What's actually disturbing is that half your changes have been made... In effect 5 delistings being replaced by three new players into the team...
I dont think you're right...he's venting his frustration at the selection committee continually picking the tried and failed....sounds like a reasonable
vent to me...
an un-informed vent :?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Check out the ages of

Melkshem
Hurley
Hardingham
Bellchambers
Crameri
Hooker
Zaharakis
Hepple
Howlett

Would essondon be a chance in 2011???

They seem to have us covered atm.....

But really, i dont subscribe to just playing kids......i subscribe to not plaing guys who are average and NOT getting better

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:But really, i dont subscribe to just playing kids......i subscribe to not plaing guys who are average and NOT getting better
Well you are ahead of about 80% of posters here tonight.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

That's my contribution.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Steven, Stanley, Smith. Fancy only playing 3 guys with less than 15 games. Most other sides that think they may still be a chance to win a flag have more. No actually last week most if not all had less than 3 players with 15 games experince.
Quoted for a commodity rarer here than a Sean Dempster smile after a win- TRUTH
Don'y yell at me but I don't consider Macca and Armo to be "kids" anyomre.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

But really, i dont subscribe to just playing kids......i subscribe to not playing guys who are average and NOT getting better ...
I think a lot of Saintsational posters agree with this. I do for one.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

My feeling is that the guys on 20 to 50 games are the guys are the next that are expected to progress, that is favorite whipping boys like Eddy and Geary. Armo must have a few issues in his game that need rectifying like Ball had. Lyon doesn't want a grade players at Sandy any more than we do. Stanley and Smith, Lynch and Simpkin are probably next in line along with Winmar and then the class of 2010 Cripps, Crocker, Ledger etc. the next group are hopefuls that may progress, Johnson, Archer, Walsh, Heyne, Andreoli, Siposs and Cahill etc. The fact is any of those guys may come on or drop off, it is inexact. I heard that Richard Tambling may have played his last season of football at Adelaide and that guy was considered an elite talent. Giving them all 50 games wont make every one of them champions or even GOPs. We have to trust that the club wants players that show something to get an opportunity too. Enjoy seeing the few at a time get a chance to prove they are worth persisting with, who knows one may just break out and become a gun.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Apologies for caps !

WinnersOnly wrote: poor lust management
I agree.

You only have to look at what Kimi got up to over the summer to prove that. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

there is no way on any planet in any universe that eddy or mcqaulter could be considered a better football player than armo in any measurement. so thast probably a point the difference right there in the drawn GF for starters.

and the crap jones has been serving up the last 12 months. its hard to believe smith could have offered any worse.

plus gram and dal were completely an utterly hobbled/injured. so they were only giving us 10% of what they have.

we are still living on 09 form.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:there is no way on any planet in any universe that eddy or mcqaulter could be considered a better football player than armo in any measurement. so thast probably a point the difference right there in the drawn GF for starters.

and the crap jones has been serving up the last 12 months. its hard to believe smith could have offered any worse.

plus gram and dal were completely an utterly hobbled/injured. so they were only giving us 10% of what they have.

we are still living on 09 form.
You're correct.
Lyon should have gone with all the other assistant coaches becasue he obviously failed to understand that simple point.
Maybe he's now too old to understand the nuances of modern day footy?

The selectors should have gone too.

We need a new 'young' coach and new 'young' selectors so that we can choose an appropriate number of 'young' players to allow us to win and challenge again.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

kids shmids

Melbourne I believe were touted as the best list of kids and they are .... fill in the gaps

For some the grass is always greener, especially if the grass is covered by kids