Status of three rumours ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Status of three rumours ...

What's the latest on these "explosive" rumours? Do they still have a pulse or can they be safely put to sleep?

1. Collingwood players and elevated levels of human growth hormone. At one stage this was on the verge of hitting the press and being the biggest scandal of all time. Haven't heard anything more, though ...

2. KD and video footage of another club's players assaulting a woman. Supposely this was going to destroy the club involved. A complete beat-up, or is KD using her pay-off money to buy taxi rides to Point Lonsdale?

3. Shocking footage of St Kilda players involved in a sex act. The Human Headline (with his impeccable record for truth) floated this one on air, giving it some life, while Mark Robinson claimed it was laughably false. I still hear it, though. Would definitely like to see this one killed off once and for all.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Status of three rumours ...

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:What's the latest on these "explosive" rumours? Do they still have a pulse or can they be safely put to sleep?

1. Collingwood players and elevated levels of human growth hormone. At one stage this was on the verge of hitting the press and being the biggest scandal of all time. Haven't heard anything more, though ...

2. KD and video footage of another club's players assaulting a woman. Supposely this was going to destroy the club involved. A complete beat-up, or is KD using her pay-off money to buy taxi rides to Point Lonsdale?

3. Shocking footage of St Kilda players involved in a sex act. The Human Headline (with his impeccable record for truth) floated this one on air, giving it some life, while Mark Robinson claimed it was laughably false. I still hear it, though. Would definitely like to see this one killed off once and for all.
What the hell is the point to your thread?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I'd say all 3 are crap as evidenced by nothing happening.

Mind you KD is tweeting that she will reveal startling new stuff about RN at 9.00 this morning via her vast media network :shock:

Stand by!

Or if you've actually got a life, get on with that :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good thread.

Re point 3 I've heard Channel 7 and The Hun have the footage.

Maybe they should show it, and get betfair to put out a market on when it will get to a million hits on YouTube.

Sounds like a plan.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

All AFL clubs have dirty laundry to cover up, it just depends on how savvy the club managements are at handling the media, and what contacts and influence they have in that area. Obviously the bigger and more powerful the club, the more likelyhood of a successful cover up is possible..sort of like politics really.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:What's the latest on these "explosive" rumours? Do they still have a pulse or can they be safely put to sleep?

Settle, petal. As a Saints supporter, I'd like two of these rumours to be true (call it schaudenfraude). So I'm trying to find out where they stand. What the hell is your beef with that?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Settle, petal. As a Saints supporter, I'd like two of these rumours to be true (call it schaudenfraude). So I'm trying to find out where they stand. What the hell is your beef with that?
Why? :shock:

You would love it to be fact that an AFL player was caught on camera belting into a female?

You would love it to be fact that last years AFL premier's have been caught using performance enhancing drugs during the GF?

Are you naturally a vindictive nasty person.

On point 1. Why would you want anyone to be belting up a woman (or a guy for that matter?) Almost sounds a bit sick to me.

Point 2. - Do you think the AFL will award the saints the flag retrospectively if it was true? I don't. Remember the pies played the cats as well before playing us - reckon they'd have a fair argument to be included in any discussion re this. Would you really want the saints to win their 2nd flag that way anyway?

AS much as we all hate the pies, do you really think it would benefit the game if the biggest club in the comp was caught cheating in the biggest game of the year? If it WAS true, then bad luck I guess they wear the consequences, but I fail to see why anyone would wish it to be true. First and foremost I love the game of footy. If you don't then why bother going to the footy? Why would you hope that the game itself will be brought into disrepute, and quite possibly ruined, just so that our club could possibly benefit.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Are you trying to be funny?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Duthie has tweeted she can publish her blog according to her lawyer....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

No one wants a woman to be beaten or assaulted, just for once it would be nice if we didn't look like the Canterbury Bulldogs. There would be a great sense of achievement to know that we at least had a moral right to believe we should have a Premiership. Unfortunately Andy D. doesn't want this to come out so even if true he will be fighting tooth and nail to suppress it.

With out thinking too deeply about it, I thought the same thing....don't pretend that on some level you don't wish some of the s*** that keeps piling on us was shared around.

We were rightly or wrongly dragged through the mud by a voracious and malicious media drunk on access to a questionable minor with nothing more than a chip on her shoulder.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Duthie has tweeted she can publish her blog according to her lawyer....
correcting spinner- 'Can;t'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I think its time our own supporters let this rubbish go and stop giving it or her fuel.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Why? :shock:

You would love it to be fact that an AFL player was caught on camera belting into a female?

You would love it to be fact that last years AFL premier's have been caught using performance enhancing drugs during the GF?

I am not a nasty and vindictive person but I would like, if these rumours are true, for them to be exposed. If they are not true then they need to be addressed and resolved.

I don't condone violence or cheating at all. And I don't want them to occur but I learned long ago that we can't control what people do or how they act.

If the non-saints rumours are true then there are two illegal acts being covered up. They should be exposed.
1. If a player has physically abused a woman then that is a crime.
2. If a football club has cheated to win a grand final then that is fraud.

So I would be happy that an "AFL player was caught on camera belting into a female".

Similarly, I would be happy that "last years AFL premier's have been caught using performance enhancing drugs during the GF"

Your point about bring the competition into disrepute is not valid. Catching cheats be they drug or salary cap only strengthens the integrity of the competition. Not catching them will weaken the integrity.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

the vid thing is supposedly a couple of players involved in bisexual activities

big f****** whoop de doos

itll never come out (if true) as that is a complete invasion of privacy, and if a certain station or paper actually HAD such footage theyd better watch out)

the pies juice one?
who knows, but plenty of people have commented over here how big they look?...i dont care we werent good enough to beat em.
if they are cheating then i hope they look at themselves knowing that they earned it cheaply

the other one from dumbdumbduthie?

shes so full of shite her eye shadow is brown
who knows what shes dribbling about and whats true

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:

I am not a nasty and vindictive person but I would like, if these rumours are true, for them to be exposed. If they are not true then they need to be addressed and resolved.

I don't condone violence or cheating at all. And I don't want them to occur but I learned long ago that we can't control what people do or how they act.

If the non-saints rumours are true then there are two illegal acts being covered up. They should be exposed.

So I would be happy that an "AFL player was caught on camera belting into a female".

Similarly, I would be happy that "last years AFL premier's have been caught using performance enhancing drugs during the GF"

Your point about bring the competition into disrepute is not valid. Catching cheats be they drug or salary cap only strengthens the integrity of the competition. Not catching them will weaken the integrity.
I've got no problem with them being exposed either IF they are proved correct.

However the OP stated that they hoped they were true, or would like them to be true. I stand by what I said, WHY would anyone LIKE these rumours to be true unless you are a petty vindictive person?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What a strange thread and probably started by a troll.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

However the OP stated that they hoped they were true, or would like them to be true. I stand by what I said, WHY would anyone LIKE these rumours to be true unless you are a petty vindictive person?
I don't want women to be bashed or anything of the sort. But if the rumours are true -- and considering our pre-season, maybe our whole season, was derailed by sensationalized rumours -- I'm wondering why these other rumors, if they have any foundation (which is what I'm trying to establish), haven't made it to the media yet. Or why KD suddenly and uncharacteristically got shy about her explosive footage (after all the damage she did to our club).

Is that petty and vindictive? I don't think so. It's a simple question. The real problem is the bile-bloated thread police who patrol this site, looking for someone (fellow supporters at that) to heap scorn upon.

Trolls indeed.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Moods wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

I don't want women to be bashed or anything of the sort. But if the rumours are true -- and considering our pre-season, maybe our whole season, was derailed by sensationalized rumours -- I'm wondering why these other rumors, if they have any foundation (which is what I'm trying to establish), haven't made it to the media yet. Or why KD suddenly and uncharacteristically got shy about her explosive footage (after all the damage she did to our club).

Is that petty and vindictive? I don't think so. It's a simple question. The real problem is the bile-bloated thread police who patrol this site, looking for someone (fellow supporters at that) to heap scorn upon.

Trolls indeed.
Because they are just that; rumours you silly fool.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Moods wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

Trolls indeed.
I don't think you're a troll - however you did say in your second post you were curious about the status of these rumours becuase you would like two of these rumours to be true.

Maybe a poor choice of words, I don't know but you seem to have changed your position since that post from wanting it to be true, to IF it is true you want it to come out.

I too would like the rumours to be made public IF they are in fact FACT. However, my take on the Collingwood rumour is that it's complete rubbish. If it were true then Demetriou and co would be nearly as culpable as the players themselves for covering it up. I don't buy into those conspiracy theory's though. They'll do your head in. By going on about it, I reckon it makes us saints supporters look sadly desperate for a reason/excuse for failing to win the flag last year.

As for KD - She is a proven liar so I'm not too interested in what she says.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Collingwood rumour DID come out and has been put to bed. Yes, six Collingwood players had slightly raised levels of HGH after the GF but were found to be within the allowable tollerences !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Moods wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

Trolls indeed.
I don't think you're a troll - however you did say in your second post you were curious about the status of these rumours becuase you would like two of these rumours to be true.

Maybe a poor choice of words, I don't know but you seem to have changed your position since that post from wanting it to be true, to IF it is true you want it to come out.

I too would like the rumours to be made public IF they are in fact FACT. However, my take on the Collingwood rumour is that it's complete rubbish. If it were true then Demetriou and co would be nearly as culpable as the players themselves for covering it up. I don't buy into those conspiracy theory's though. They'll do your head in. By going on about it, I reckon it makes us saints supporters look sadly desperate for a reason/excuse for failing to win the flag last year.

Fair enough. If the rumours are completely without foundation -- and the lack of supporting evidence suggests it might be the case -- then I'm happy to accept it. Mind you, rumours one and three were aired by Derryn Hinch on a high-rating drive show, so only a fool would deny that they didn't have some currency for a while (even if completely unsubstantiated). And though KD is a proven liar, I find it hard to believe that she completely fabricated her claim of video footage of another club involved in an assault.

But yeah, I guess part of me still wants them to be true -- shoot me. In the end, I'd prefer to be a St Kilda supporter who gets hot and bothered about the media and other clubs than a St Kilda supporter who gets hot and bothered about other St Kilda supporters.

I (naively) started this thread expecting responses along the lines of "I happen to know that Rumour X is complete baloney ..." or "Rumour Y is about to go public, watch this space."

Constructive responses, in other words. But instead -- as happens too often in this forum -- I got sneering deadwits who can't go to sleep without calling someone a troll. SaintPav, I'll be waiting eagerly for the next thread you initiate, and it better be bloody earth-shattering ...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

....I happen to know that Rumour X is complete baloney ....

Yes X was complete baloney, thats why we traded him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Moods wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Moods wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

Trolls indeed.

Fair enough. If the rumours are completely without foundation -- and the lack of supporting evidence suggests it might be the case -- then I'm happy to accept it. Mind you, rumours one and three were aired by Derryn Hinch on a high-rating drive show, so only a fool would deny that they didn't have some currency for a while (even if completely unsubstantiated). And though KD is a proven liar, I find it hard to believe that she completely fabricated her claim of video footage of another club involved in an assault.

But yeah, I guess part of me still wants them to be true -- shoot me. In the end, I'd prefer to be a St Kilda supporter who gets hot and bothered about the media and other clubs than a St Kilda supporter who gets hot and bothered about other St Kilda supporters.

I (naively) started this thread expecting responses along the lines of "I happen to know that Rumour X is complete baloney ..." or "Rumour Y is about to go public, watch this space."

Constructive responses, in other words. But instead -- as happens too often in this forum -- I got sneering deadwits who can't go to sleep without calling someone a troll. SaintPav, I'll be waiting eagerly for the next thread you initiate, and it better be bloody earth-shattering ...
Try not to worry about her too much. She's the SS version of a remora fish and certainly don't wait too long for her next earth shattering post cause that aint going to happen.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Tue 19 Apr 2011 5:25pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:....I happen to know that Rumour X is complete baloney ....
I hapen to know that Rumour X was started by joffaboy !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:I (naively) started this thread expecting responses along the lines of "I happen to know that Rumour X is complete baloney ..." or "Rumour Y is about to go public, watch this space."

Constructive responses, in other words.
to be fair, they're rumours. almost by definition no-one's got facts on them. if anyone had facts, they would surely have already been posted. or else they'd be holding those facts close to their chest for good reason.