Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Or just maybe he's just bored to tears with the sh*t brand of footy that RL is insisting we play.
No-one seems to be enjoying their footy at the moment, even Roo looks dis-interested at times.

Don't believe BJ wants out for a second, he just wants sucess like we all do and at the moment it must seem like it years away.
3 rounds in, why can't people see we aren't playing anything even remotely close to that brand anymore?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintbob wrote:Or just maybe he's just bored to tears with the sh*t brand of footy that RL is insisting we play.
No-one seems to be enjoying their footy at the moment, even Roo looks dis-interested at times.

Don't believe BJ wants out for a second, he just wants sucess like we all do and at the moment it must seem like it years away.
3 rounds in, why can't people see we aren't playing anything even remotely close to that brand anymore?

What are we doing differently?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:keep goddard at all costs. make him skipper next year.

id take over bj over roo anyday. not that it should any way ever come to that.

but roo has had his go at skipper. he can do a punter and play on not as skipper.

thats my 2 cents worth.

not sure why gilbo didnt get a job on jobe? give him something different. hes got the weapons to stop jobe.
Bj skipper. Can I ask why? Shows no leadership skills at all and why replace Rooy anyway. it doesnt seem to be effecting him. The day Rooy doesnt want it is the day to replace him. Hopefully it aint for a while because not many are ready to captain our club.
hes our best player and hes tough and passionate. shows heaps of leadership. was clearly the leader in last years finals series.

roo is great but more a favourite with kids and grannies. not sure hes a leader of men. takes all his marks in non damaging spots like richo. doesnt hurt the opposition enough.

having said that roo is a victim of shockingly show delivery. has to run his guts out to earn the pill. hed probably kick 100 goals with some quicker movement inboard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:keep goddard at all costs. make him skipper next year.

id take over bj over roo anyday. not that it should any way ever come to that.

but roo has had his go at skipper. he can do a punter and play on not as skipper.

thats my 2 cents worth.

not sure why gilbo didnt get a job on jobe? give him something different. hes got the weapons to stop jobe.
Bj skipper. Can I ask why? Shows no leadership skills at all and why replace Rooy anyway. it doesnt seem to be effecting him. The day Rooy doesnt want it is the day to replace him. Hopefully it aint for a while because not many are ready to captain our club.
hes our best player and hes tough and passionate. shows heaps of leadership. was clearly the leader in last years finals series.

roo is great but more a favourite with kids and grannies. not sure hes a leader of men. takes all his marks in non damaging spots like richo. doesnt hurt the opposition enough.

having said that roo is a victim of shockingly show delivery. has to run his guts out to earn the pill. hed probably kick 100 goals with some quicker movement inboard.
Rooy is clearly still our best player and doesnt get the job because he is a favourite with kids and grannies. gets the job because the coaching committee think he is suited to it. BJ hasnt even got second in a B&F. Not sure what leadership he shows either. Yelling and looking angry all the time doesnt make him a good leader. Probably doesnt make him a leader at all.

PJ
SS Life Member

No Lenny so he's next in line for the big tag. He was worked off the ball by his tagger and this frustrated the crap out of him. Clearly (borrowing from the coach) he is not hitting top gear but it's round 3 FFS. BJ is the least of our worries

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:No Lenny so he's next in line for the big tag. He was worked off the ball by his tagger and this frustrated the crap out of him. Clearly (borrowing from the coach) he is not hitting top gear but it's round 3 FFS. BJ is the least of our worries
He wasnt being tagged at all last night. He was actually running with Watson so we cant use that as an excuse.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Have to agree with Con here - Goddard is the only gun we seem to have and Roo is not ruling games - perhaps since the injury last year.
But too many people on here have just lost their marbles. Trade Goddard would be like getting rid of Stewart, Lockett - Ball anyone?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
PJ
SS Life Member

He wasnt being tagged at all last night. He was actually running with Watson so we cant use that as an excuse.
Goddard was trying to go to Watson and Hocking was picking up Goddard and chopping him out nearly all night. Clear as a bell on the replay.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What are we doing the same?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Goddard was trying to go to Watson and Hocking was picking up Goddard and chopping him out nearly all night. Clear as a bell on the replay.
Funny that when Watson went forward BJ followed. Hocking was helping Watson but wasnt tagging BJ. Clear as a bell live at the game where you get more than 5 metres of action.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

You were the one who said we arent playing that brand of footy anymore so I would love to know what we are doing differently apart from losing more.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

You were the one who said we arent playing that brand of footy anymore so I would love to know what we are doing differently apart from losing more.
I will update a thread later...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im staying out of this one.

goddard is awesome. and he is angry all the time. i see goddard as very similar to bucks in many respects. has a not so good tendency to give his own players a spray but so did bucks. ended up a good skipper (although fell 2 years short of a flag).

PJ
SS Life Member

Hocking was helping Watson but wasnt tagging BJ
Not how the commentators saw it but I'd take your opinion any day.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Hocking was helping Watson but wasnt tagging BJ
Not how the commentators saw it but I'd take your opinion any day.
Well it seems you have common sense then.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

f*** me
you seriously doubt everything everyone says, say the complete opposite of what everyone says, and question absolutely every comment everyone posts on here.
it really is f****** annoying.
something was obvious on a replay but oh no it was more obvious at the game where you get more than 5 meters of action.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:f*** me
you seriously doubt everything everyone says, say the complete opposite of what everyone says, and question absolutely every comment everyone posts on here.
it really is f****** annoying.
something was obvious on a replay but oh no it was more obvious at the game where you get more than 5 meters of action.

What are you on about. I reckon 30 people on here complained on Sunday night that BJ played on Watson so I have no idea what you are saying. I am sorry that I am agreeing with what most people said Sunday night. Dont beleive me then read the posts. Apart PJ no one else has mentioned that BJ wasnt playing on Watson. It seems I am going with the majority so what are you actually saying?

And yes it is more obvious at the ground than on TV. You go to footy and I am pretty sure you actually think that as well.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its not about one post you wally
otherwise i wouldnt have said 'everything' would i

just forget it
you always ALWAYS disagree no matter what peeps say

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:its not about one post you wally
otherwise i wouldnt have said 'everything' would i

just forget it
you always ALWAYS disagree no matter what peeps say
No I disagree if I think they are wrong and then say why. I am hardly going to post everytime I agree with someone and then say the same as them. Why would you repeat what they have said. But if you disagree and give a reason there is nothing wrong with that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

On Sunday we were playing on more, handballing more and running into a wall of Essendon players.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Sainter
Club Player

He was probably our best player in the second half. Unlike Dal and Montagna he will at least have a go in a pack. They get plenty of the loose ball but never pick up their opponents on the opposition's forward line often resulting in easy goals. Why are people saying how good Zac is playing? He is a very average footballer, not very skilful, but tries hard and at least he is having a go. Saying that he is still much better than Dempster and Clarke who would not get a game elsewhere. Dempster's disposal is pathetic at times while Clarke never puts any hard pressure on his opponent.
How stupid saying Goddard is selfish, nearly every time he gets the ball he is looking for a team mate.
He said he wants to be a one club player and he will certainly stay. Get off his back, at the moment we are carrying about 6 players who would be lucky to get a game with the new team, an average game from Brendon is better than those 6 or so players efforts combined.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Sainter wrote:He was probably our best player in the second half. Unlike Dal and Montagna he will at least have a go in a pack. They get plenty of the loose ball but never pick up their opponents on the opposition's forward line often resulting in easy goals. Why are people saying how good Zac is playing? He is a very average footballer, not very skilful, but tries hard and at least he is having a go. Saying that he is still much better than Dempster and Clarke who would not get a game elsewhere. Dempster's disposal is pathetic at times while Clarke never puts any hard pressure on his opponent.
How stupid saying Goddard is selfish, nearly every time he gets the ball he is looking for a team mate.
He said he wants to be a one club player and he will certainly stay. Get off his back, at the moment we are carrying about 6 players who would be lucky to get a game with the new team, an average game from Brendon is better than those 6 or so players efforts combined.
You are right. Better to just have a go at Dal, Joey and Zac and those 6 other footballers.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

The Sainter wrote:He was probably our best player in the second half. Unlike Dal and Montagna he will at least have a go in a pack. They get plenty of the loose ball but never pick up their opponents on the opposition's forward line often resulting in easy goals. Why are people saying how good Zac is playing? He is a very average footballer, not very skilful, but tries hard and at least he is having a go. Saying that he is still much better than Dempster and Clarke who would not get a game elsewhere. Dempster's disposal is pathetic at times while Clarke never puts any hard pressure on his opponent.
Agree with you on Goddard......but you have just slammed Dal Santo and Dawson who would be their 2 most consistent players in the first 3 rounds.
And Dal Santo gets plenty of contested poss. I just don't buy this myth on him not finding his own footy

No Contract, No contact :shock:
jmcp
Club Player

Re: Maybe

Cairnsman wrote: I reckon that would be part of it with Goddards personality type. He's not at the club for mateship. Him and Nathan Buckley would have gotten along fantastically as team mates, then again, maybe not.
didn't those two meet for coffee recently?

realdeal
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Have to agree with Con here - Goddard is the only gun we seem to have and Roo is not ruling games - perhaps since the injury last year.
But too many people on here have just lost their marbles. Trade Goddard would be like getting rid of Stewart, Lockett - Ball anyone?
No way would we trade Goddard... ever!

But please... Stewart, Lockett dragged down into the same book, novel or short story as Ball..... geez..